Speculation: So after Galchenyuk, who is the next skilled scapegoat?

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
[QUOTE="sandysan, post: 148520039, member: 142469"]You have to admit, than in terms of blowing smoke up fans behinds, the alzner-chara comparison was really beyond the pale. How he could say that and not laugh means he's either a good actor or a sociopath.[/QUOTE]
I remember listening to that and thinking, what in the even f*** did he just say? I thought for a second and then said, what else can we expect from him, it's not only his words that do not make sense, it's the moves that he makes as a gm as well.

Reactions: groovejuice

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
As others have listed, Price and Domi are prime candidates to be the scapegoat by the fans and the media.

Price is coming off a poor season, going into an 8 year contract. I think he gets some grace this year though due to his past success.

Domi, especially if Galchenyuk breaks out in Arizona.

Scherbak by the Habs management.

Reactions: DAChampion

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
As others have listed, Price and Domi are prime candidates.

Price is coming off a poor season, going into an 8 year contract. I think he gets some grace this year though due to his past success.

Domi, especially if Galchenyuk breaks out in Arizona.

Domi will certainly get the most criticism per inch.

Wait this is the habs we are talking about.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Jesperi Kotkaniemi
I will say this, as assinine as it is that Drouin could somehow magically play center, if they bring the kid up to play in montreal it will be an even worse decision.

And that's saying a whole lot becuase in the panopoly of bad decisions, drouin at center tops the charts.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Jeff Petry.

Fortunately he'll be used to it because of his time in Edmonton.
Good point and he likely won't be able to pitch in for 40 even with weber out till december(if he is back that soon)
Scherbak is my guess though. He will be on the 3rd or 4th line where he doesn't belong then thrown in with pleks at the TDL for a bad contract a prospect and another 2nd.

Reactions: Roke

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I pray MB gets fired before he trades away/doesn't resign anymore skilled players.

Aside from that, I think it will be Scherbak.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
If Price plays like he did last year it will 100 percent be him. If not Drouin is the obvious candidate to me. As others have said no one expects big things from Scherbak.

I interpreted the question as who which talented player will be traded away for either a no-talent player or a clearly less talented player.

Scherbak is the first one that comes to mind. The potential is there. But I doubt Julien and Bergevin put him in a position to succeed and he'll be traded. I'm looking forward to seeing Carr and Galchenyuk in their new homes, and continuing to watch Subban, Radulov, and Sergachev.

Reactions: David Suzuki

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Down the stretch last season with the season completely shot, Julien played a talented first rounder who was averaging well over a point per game in Laval on the 4th line with the likes of Logan Shaw. Scherbak and Pacioretty are history

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Skilled? Check.
Not a vanilla grinder? Check.
Russian? Check

Scherbak checks all the boxes. L'antichambre will be all over this kid next season.

The answer should be Drouin, but he possesses the only trait that apparently matters in this city when it comes to withholding all criticism.

Do you really believe this?

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
Although it wouldn't surprise me to see Sherback traded for scraps much like Andrighetto, that hardly makes him a scapegoat. To be a scapegoat it means you were expected to play an important role but failed.

So the only options are really: Price, Weber, Petry, Pacioretty, Drouin, Gallagher, Domi, maybe Danault.

Implicit to the OPs question is that he's asking who management (And their supporters) will use as a scapegoat. So with that in mind Weber, Drouin, Domi, and Danault won't be used because criticizing them criticize management. So that really leaves Price, Petry, Gallagher, and Pacioretty. Petry is probably somewhat protected due to Weber's injury as you don't generally scapegoat injury replacements (And it would bring into question going trading the younger player for the older player).

Pacioretty, it's a given he'll be given terrible treatment until he's traded.
Price, is the easiest target
Gallagher might get some flack if he spends a lot of time on Drouin's wing and the line isn't productive, but probably not enough to become the scapegoat.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
Patch usually have a slow start, he's season seem to start only in december

I'm not looking at last season it was just a bad year. But season 2016-2017, Habs played 23 games in october and november, Patch had 5 goals after 23 games and 35 after 82 games, that season was not à exception, Patch always start slow.

You think fans will be happy if he's at 5 goals after 23 games?

Realistically no, I don't think they will be happy regardless of anything.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
after Galchenyuk, who is the next skilled scapegoat?

Scapegoat of the medias or of the fans ?

i would answer ;

The next player with addiction problems or/and off-ice issues

Carboneau ( the finger )
Ribeiro
Higgins
Kostitsyn
Galchenyuk
etc ...

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino