Speculation: So after Galchenyuk, who is the next skilled scapegoat?

Be a Hab

Sep 17, 2010
Also Alzner. If he has a bad start to the season things could get ugly for him.

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC
Price
Pacioretty
Alzner
Drouin

Not necessarily in that order.
Don't see Scherbak as a scapegoat, he's not relied on yet

habsfan909

Feb 20, 2018
But those were not traded for a russian player. Blaming Drouin would be admitting that trading a russian away was a bad move and no way, absolutely no way, the media does that. Drouin will remain blameless and people will keep saying it was a good trade no matter what happens.
No matter what happens, people will always just use the excuse of Sergachev having success because he's on a great team and with us he would be less successful than even Drouin.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
No matter what happens, people will always just use the excuse of Sergachev having success because he's on a great team and with us he would be less successful than even Drouin.

That too. But i will be surprised if Drouin gets a lot of heat. I mean last year he was genuinely worse than AG and AG got all the criticisms from the media.

Reactions: Peanut

HabsForHire

"Expect the unexpected"
Sep 21, 2011
CT
I dont get everyone saying sherby he hasn't had eenough exposer and not even 100% making the team. its drouin all the way. If he struggles hes the next galchy

Le compétiteur

Not if he scores goals at a good clip. We all would forgive him.

Patch usually have a slow start, he's season seem to start only in december

I'm not looking at last season it was just a bad year. But season 2016-2017, Habs played 23 games in october and november, Patch had 5 goals after 23 games and 35 after 82 games, that season was not à exception, Patch always start slow.

You think fans will be happy if he's at 5 goals after 23 games?

habsfan909

Feb 20, 2018
That too. But i will be surprised if Drouin gets a lot of heat. I mean last year he was genuinely worse than AG and AG got all the criticisms from the media.
Drouin won't get heat for a while... if ever. There will always be more excuses. I get he played out of position but I don't care if he was put on D, it doesn't excuse the half arsed effort her gave. Other than the odd dangle, he didn't play all out.
Of course.... of course.... it's the team's fault, not his.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
To be a scape goat the guy has to be an important piece, so no to Scherbak.

I think if Price doesn't rebound he has the bullseye on him. " If the team is not confident in its goaltending then it can't play its game. "

Patches even if he is traded. " I can't get into details or reveal names but I had a trade on the table that would have changed the team this year into a playoff team and it was a win win win kind of trade , but one guy killed it because of his ego I think. "

Galchenyuk. Just because. " I can't say names but in ability we had a 1C, but not the work ethic or Attitoooooode. "

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
It's not true that French Canadians are always forgiven by the media and local population.

Brisebois, Latendresse, and Desharnais all faced significant local criticism.
Dehairnais faced criticism? As he kept playing with Max on his wing on the first line?

How he withstood that level of criticism is beyond me.

Reactions: Habs178

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Price for sure, it already as started.

Weber too.

Bergevin's skill aversion is not a peculiarity known only to Habs fans. It's ******* common knowledge around the league.

No one should be surprised that Tavares wouldn't even speak to Bergevin and Stastny wanted nothing to do with us.

The Habs aren't just falling. Bergevin has brought them to terminal velocity.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
My guess is whoever plays wing with Drouin. Some in the media (And I think we all know who) will try blaming Drouin's wingers for why Drouin himself struggles, which in turn will create a lot of hate towards Drouin.

We already saw it last season with Pacioretty, granted Patches didn't help his own cause and there were plenty of people who've been waiting to bash him for several years. But his lack of chemistry with Drouin sealed the deal.

If Drouin's puts enough of it together to become productive (And he legitimately might) then the scapegoat will be Price.

benthepr0p

Mar 7, 2018
I wouldn't rule out Gallagher if he can't match last year's production. This is the media we're talking about not MT or the fans.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad