Speculation: So after Galchenyuk, who is the next skilled scapegoat?

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
It's almost impossible to build 3 decent lines with this roster and the D is atrocious. Hoping for more improvement from Hudon/Scherbak, otherwise I probably won't be paying much attention.

Pretty high on both. We shall see where this goes.

Pickles

Apr 25, 2017
In the jar'o
Its pretty obvious that it is Pacioretty. Just the next good player chased out of town by media and fans.
Bergevin hasn't spoken to Pacioretty for months. Bergevin is doing just fine chasing our talented players out of town by himself.

Last time I checked the fans don't make trades for the Canadiens and Bergevin doesn't give a damn what the fans think.

Benjamin Dobert

Aug 8, 2018
Weber is going to be next. After he comes back from knee surgery he'll have to prove himself and that's hard when you're being watched like a hawk in Montreal. Weber will be released to free up cap space and to look for more young talent. It is obvious Bergevin will be looking for young and fast so I think he bought Weber to eventually trade him for more even though it sounds like a good fit. I personally like Weber, and I hope he recovers strong!

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I think it will be Drouin before long, especially with Patches gone

I think the pressure to produce and win games dial is turned down a bit.... especially if we have another tank year. I think Habs fans, media, and management are going to gradually come to their senses and stop attacking players with a hero or zero mentality. This mentality is terrible and not helping our team. And some people wonder why players don't want to play in Montreal. We are going to learn this the hard way

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
The irony is rich since this board has already made Drouin the scapegoat questioning his CHaracter and attitude...

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Its pretty obvious that it is Pacioretty. Just the next good player chased out of town by media and fans.

Yeah, it's never the team's fault, is it?

The media panders to management as much as it caters to a specific demographic of fans.

Subban, Eller, Chucky, Radu, Markov.

They all had plenty support from the fans.

They are gone because of management.

Please don't put the fans in the same basket.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
The irony is rich since this board has already made Drouin the scapegoat questioning his CHaracter and attitude...

Hey Bub... you found Drouin's performances acceptable?

Also, realize that he's being criticized because he's receiving special treatment from management, a complete double-standard compared to other players like Chucky and Eller.

Reactions: Peanut and Habs178

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
It's not about skill, it's about how high-profile you are and whether or not management perceives you as "arrogant". Bergevin is the only one who's allowed to have an ego or any type of swagger. Everyone else has to be humble.

Maurice Richard had ego and swagger. The front office pushed him into retirement with the promise of a job in management. Then they gave him a do-nothing position with no authority and he left of his own accord. Jean Beliveau, on the other hand, was humble. He played until he decided to retire and immediately transitioned into a management role. Both players had talent, but only one of them showed ownership the requisite level of gratitude.

Galchenyuk wasn't traded away only because he has talent. He was traded away because his profile was becoming an issue for management. This organization doesn't deal with issues; they deal them away.

Reactions: PhysicX

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Pretty sure drouin did that all on his own.

That is BS! You are being way to hard on Drouin. He certainly has flaws to his game and they stood out even more on our team with lack of talent and him trying to be a full time center. That don't mean he deserves the attacks.

The kid has pride and is one very talented forward. Let him grow and work at being better year by year.

Perrah

Jul 2, 2009
That is BS! You are being way to hard on Drouin. He certainly has flaws to his game and they stood out even more on our team with lack of talent and him trying to be a full time center. That don't mean he deserves the attacks.

The kid has pride and is one very talented forward. Let him grow and work at being better year by year.
Where was his pride when he was disinterested and moping around the ice?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Where was his pride when he was disinterested and moping around the ice?

Where was Price's pride last year? I never will attack any single player for a bad overall team performance. Haven't we learned from the Subban situation? I believe in supporting young skilled players. Not throwing them under the bus the 1st chance we get. Also, Patch's playoff performance. Is that on Patch or is that on the team for not having a better skilled top 9 group of forwards with solid centers.

The attitude was wrong last year. But that blame starts with management and is shared by all the players. It was a mess of a season and it started with team confidence heading into camp. There was a lot of negative perception with losing Raduov and Markov right from the get go

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008

3054a415-3149-47ca-9e73-170737cc5fa4-jpeg.134697

Reactions: Habs178

habsfan909

Feb 20, 2018
Where was Price's pride last year? I never will attack any single player for a bad overall team performance. Haven't we learned from the Subban situation? I believe in supporting young skilled players. Not throwing them under the bus the 1st chance we get. Also, Patch's playoff performance. Is that on Patch or is that on the team for not having a better skilled top 9 group of forwards with solid centers.

The attitude was wrong last year. But that blame starts with management and is shared by all the players. It was a mess of a season and it started with team confidence heading into camp. There was a lot of negative perception with losing Raduov and Markov right from the get go

Um what? Nobody ever questioned Subban's compete level. Did he make some dumb plays? Sure... but you can live with it because he always played at 100%.
Drouin on the other hand did not. He came here with character question issues and certainly did nothing to change that perception.

Reactions: montreal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad