Speculation: So after Galchenyuk, who is the next skilled scapegoat?

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Galchenyuk wasn't ever the scapegoat around here, when he was here the blame was because of others (Desharnais, Therrien, Bergevin, Julien, Plekanec etc.)

Drouin and Pacioretty were the scapegoats last year and will continue to be unless Drouin shows major improvement or Pacioretty gets traded.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Galchenyuk wasn't ever the scapegoat around here, when he was here the blame was because of others (Desharnais, Therrien, Bergevin, Julien, Plekanec etc.)

Drouin and Pacioretty were the scapegoats last year and will continue to be unless Drouin shows major improvement or Pacioretty gets traded.

I'm not 100% certain, but I think scapegoat in this thread is referring to the team's - not posters here.

So just think of the players who were publicly criticized by management, of whom there were several.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
I hope you to understand that this aspect will always be present. You can choose to get over it; not get over it and stay frustrated; follow another team.
But I tell you there's a 100% chance that the new team you will choose wont have an history as rich as the Canadiens, the only NHL team who's name is in another language than english..

The underlined is patently offensive. I've followed the habs for as long as I can physically remember and the only thing I have ever wanted is that they ice the best damn team available. period. If that is with french players, great. if that is without french players, great. If we sacrifice competitiveness to sate the former, we are screwing ourselves over and people, reals fans, have every right to bring it up. EVEN and especiually if it makes some people uncomfortable. Light is the best disinfectant and this position is not defensible.

And if you are saying ( as I think you are but I could be mistaken) that as an anglophone fan, I should switch my lifelong allegiance to help further your desire of the specific languange of the players, you might want to pull up a chair.

That this idea ( that language trumps competitiveness) is still supported by a faction of habs fans is heartbreaking.

you know what rich history I want ? Returning to the possbility of seeing another SC parade in montreal. if we have french players, great. if we don't, equally as great.

habsfan909

Feb 20, 2018

When was Drouin the scapegoat for the team or in the media?? Chucky was always the RDS whipping boy... and Max took heat... and Price some but he wasn't around much.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Drouin is already the scapegoat on these boards.

Because he had an underwhelming season and was protected by coaches, management, and media. Where’s Galchenyuk who had a better season, despite being viewed as underwhelming? Traded with low value and never given a real chance to succeed to play in the position he was supposed to play. Not to mention the bridge contract he received in comparison to the long term we gave Drouin. Maybe that’s why.

groovejuice

Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Drouin is already the scapegoat on these boards.

Drouin's not anyone's scapegoat on this board. He has taken legitimate criticism though, and even that has been tempered by the universal acknowledgement that he was forced into a position he had no business playing.

Bergevin supporters are the ones with scapegoats. Subban, Chucky, Pacioretty, Price - they've all been blamed for the team's failures by those who can't admit Bergevin is a bona fide Disaster Artist, and is the architect of this garbage team which properly resides in the secret room below the cellar which is downstairs from the basement.

Last edited:

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
I'd like to nominate this for "worst post of the year". Only someone completely ignorant from this fan base could ever think about pretending that French Canadians get a free pass.

Galchenyuk was not even a scape goat in the fan base. Certainly not at the level of Brisebois, Théodore and Richer, just to name a few. And Certainly not at the level that French Canadians are being made scapegoat on this board by the same exact people who accuse RDS and the French medias of having a bias. Brisebois, Latendresse, "Dandouillon", Desharnais and so many others all receive the royal scapegoat treatment on this exact board, and the language they speak seem to be bothering a lot of people (who are good posters when they write about something else).
I nominate this post for being Stanger Things. It must have been written in the Upside Down. In case you haven't noticed this board doesn't broadcast to 7 million quebecers.

habsfan909

Feb 20, 2018
I just wish MB/Julien would have removed their heads from their anuses and actually showcased Chucky at CENTRE last year, considering we were out of the playoffs. Showcase him at center and try to maximize his value. The same way Yzerman moved up Drouin and got extra value from MB.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
When was Drouin the scapegoat for the team or in the media?? Chucky was always the RDS whipping boy... and Max took heat... and Price some but he wasn't around much.

Price took a lot of heat. Remember when the Media was hard on him because he didn't care and actually enjoyed losing the outdoor game? The whole bad attitude story is on Price, Patch, Galchy (and possibly Drouin but the management may think otherwise).

habsfan909

Feb 20, 2018
Price took a lot of heat. Remember when the Media was hard on him because he didn't care and actually enjoyed losing the outdoor game? The whole bad attitude story is on Price, Patch, Galchy (and possibly Drouin but the management may think otherwise).
I said Price took some... but he didn't take it all year like Galch/Patch because he wasn't around for a while so they laid off a bit...
This season the media will be out to crucify Price and Patch if they both get off to bad starts again.

groovejuice

Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Its pretty obvious that it is Pacioretty. Just the next good player chased out of town by media and fans.

Current management has chased a lion's share of players out of town in recent years. Did the fans boo or harass the players that Bergevin moved? Did the criticisms in the media not almost perfectly align with, and originate from, management's negative statements about those same players?

We've heard an awful lot of suggestions here that defend the hideous management of the Habs. Yours appears not much different.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->