Skyrim Special Edition - 6 years of arrows to the knees

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
I know it might seem weird but there are sooo many quests in this game, I just never bothered with the main one. I never even knew about the dragons in the first place, so I don't feel like I missed out on anything. I am pretty sure the armours I got from having smithing at max level are better than the dragon ones too.

I basically found a bunch of armor mods, kitted up myself and my gang and run around the world killing things.

Have never finished this game. I have at least 300 hours in it, too.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
I know it might seem weird but there are sooo many quests in this game, I just never bothered with the main one. I never even knew about the dragons in the first place, so I don't feel like I missed out on anything. I am pretty sure the armours I got from having smithing at max level are better than the dragon ones too.

The Dragonplate armors are the best in vanilla Skyrim, but the Daedric weapons are stronger.

You don't really "get" unique armors, you discover higher rarity loot as you level up or you craft them. The best builds in the game ALL come from max smithing and max enchanting.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Skyrim is great but I never played it right. I put in countless hours, got to level 40 or something, but never did any of the main quests so I never even saw a dragon. I just explored every single cave or ruin I saw.

Being an open-world sandbox game, I am of the opinion that there's no "right" or "wrong" way to play it. The object of any game at its core is to have fun. If you're having fun, that's all that matters.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Being an open-world sandbox game, I am of the opinion that there's no "right" or "wrong" way to play it. The object of any game at its core is to have fun. If you're having fun, that's all that matters.

Well for Skyrim at the very least you should do the first one or two main story quest lines to at least get the dragons to come out!

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Well for Skyrim at the very least you should do the first one or two main story quest lines to at least get the dragons to come out!

Why?

If you're like me, you've played Skyrim for so long and created so many characters, sometimes you don't feel like dealing with dragons.

One character I created was a simple Kahjit merchant. I used the random starting location generator mod, starting on some farm just outside Riften. Had no money to my name, no weapons, some food, and I believe a healing potion or two. I raided the fields of the farm, and decided to walk all the way to Markarth to sell the food there.

Didn't care about the Dragonborn prophecy or anything like that, just a simple merchant that went from city to city trying to make a profit.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Speaking as someone who put a lot of time into Morrowind, the dragons were basically just slightly less common cliff racers.

And cliff racers ****ing sucked. I can totally understand someone not wanting to deal with them randomly showing up for a 50+ hour period of playing on a character.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Cliff racers were the worst. Mostly because of their ridiculous aggro range. You'll be walking along, the combat music will begin, and it's because a cliff racer two mountain ranges over wants to kill you. It can't, because it's stuck behind a mountain, but that doesn't stop the music from playing.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Cliff racers were the worst. Mostly because of their ridiculous aggro range. You'll be walking along, the combat music will begin, and it's because a cliff racer two mountain ranges over wants to kill you. It can't, because it's stuck behind a mountain, but that doesn't stop the music from playing.
I never ever had a problem with cliff racers

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Dragons werent a big problem after the first few (maybe 10?) hours if you built your character right.

But they did offer probably the coolest "random" game moment Ive ever had;

I stumbled across a bandit camp (in a walled fort) and while I was fighting them a dragon spawned and attacked. An Imperial patrol was going down the road nearby and was drawn in, then of all things, a bunch of MUDCRABS came out of a small puddle and attacked. A five way battle, entirely random.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Dragons were only annoying when they wouldn't ****ing land and just flew around you with the combat music playing.

Loved the modding in Skyrim. Watching legitimate battles between the Stormcloaks and Imperials while I was on my merry way was great.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Dragons werent a big problem after the first few (maybe 10?) hours if you built your character right.

But they did offer probably the coolest "random" game moment Ive ever had;

I stumbled across a bandit camp (in a walled fort) and while I was fighting them a dragon spawned and attacked. An Imperial patrol was going down the road nearby and was drawn in, then of all things, a bunch of MUDCRABS came out of a small puddle and attacked. A five way battle, entirely random.

My favorite Skyrim moment came on my fists-only Argonian. I saw an imperial guard and an aristocrat on the road. I went charging down from my mountaintop, chokeslam-punched the guard to death, then beat the aristocrat to death. Satisfied at my run of unnecessary murder, I started to rifle through their corpses when I realized my bounty hadn't disappeared, and I was also under attack. Their horse was trying to kill me. So I got into a fistfight with a horse. It takes a LONG time to beat a horse to death, but I persevered. It died, "last witness gone, bounty gone" showed up. I went on my way.

What really pushed the experience over the edge for me was, unbeknownst to me, my then-fiance was behind me watching. She's an equestrian person, so her commentary on the entire encounter afterwards was goddamned hilarious.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
My favorite Skyrim moment came on my fists-only Argonian. I saw an imperial guard and an aristocrat on the road. I went charging down from my mountaintop, chokeslam-punched the guard to death, then beat the aristocrat to death. Satisfied at my run of unnecessary murder, I started to rifle through their corpses when I realized my bounty hadn't disappeared, and I was also under attack. Their horse was trying to kill me. So I got into a fistfight with a horse. It takes a LONG time to beat a horse to death, but I persevered. It died, "last witness gone, bounty gone" showed up. I went on my way.

What really pushed the experience over the edge for me was, unbeknownst to me, my then-fiance was behind me watching. She's an equestrian person, so her commentary on the entire encounter afterwards was goddamned hilarious.

I had an orc fists only character and loved it. Got Gloves of the Pugilist and disenchanted them so I could put the effect on heavy gauntlets and rings. Also fists of steel perk. You can do pretty good damage with all that. Hilarious punching dragons, giants, etc, and choke slamming NPCs. :laugh:

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Dragons were only annoying when they wouldn't ****ing land and just flew around you with the combat music playing.

Loved the modding in Skyrim. Watching legitimate battles between the Stormcloaks and Imperials while I was on my merry way was great.

Dragons knew exactly when I was almost at max weight and chose then to give me their bones, and scales. They also know it pains me to throw anything on the ground.

I haven't played this game in a while. Had so much fun playing it, I might just have to get back into 'er. I never did 100% complete the game with my main character. I think I'll have to rectify that.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005

So, you're saying that it was a Battle of Five Armies?

So I got into a fistfight with a horse. It takes a LONG time to beat a horse to death, but I persevered. It died, "last witness gone, bounty gone" showed up. I went on my way.

You're lucky that she still married you after that... unless she didn't, in which case we can see why. At least you didn't continue to beat the horse after it was dead, I hope.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Dragons knew exactly when I was almost at max weight and chose then to give me their bones, and scales. They also know it pains me to throw anything on the ground.

I only played it for the first time this year, and loaded in a bunch of custom companions. One of them unexpectedly gave me a summon for a little dwemer bot that had it's own inter-dimensional storage with no weight limit, so I just abused the hell out of that :laugh:

...Which worked great until carrying all that junk started causing it to lag and it would take 2 seconds to move an item one way or the other, so eventually I had to clean it out.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Looks like PS4 owners won't be getting mod supports for this game because Sony doesn't want to approve user created mods.

So basically, there's no reason to get this on PS4 now.

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
Real bummed that I just bought FO4 on PS4, too.

Sony is doing a lot of things to irritate their customers over the last few weeks (PS+ price hike, the Pro hooplah and now this).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad