Skyrim Special Edition - 6 years of arrows to the knees

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
The mods arent even what interest me. Its the hopefully improved load times on XB1. I mean Ill use mods, but they arent driving my purchase.

The load times on 360 are really, really bad, particularly late game.

Honestly play the PC version and you'll break the console versions or maybe die before you can

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
Well, if you have the choice, I don't know why anyone would choose PS4 - only 1GB for mods and no external assets.

PC v XB1 comes down to ease of use and how good your system is I guess. My laptop will play Skyrim, but I ain't interested when I can just fire up the Xbox and play it on a 42 inch TV.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Funny, I havent played my xbox one in awhile and my pc is too ****** for Skyrim but I've had the urge to play it lately. Then I find out about this, guess I'm picking it up on Friday.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Funny, I havent played my xbox one in awhile and my pc is too ****** for Skyrim but I've had the urge to play it lately. Then I find out about this, guess I'm picking it up on Friday.

I am still debating on whether to get it or not. But looking at some of the mods available for it right now, i think i might end up getting it.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
I am still debating on whether to get it or not. But looking at some of the mods available for it right now, i think i might end up getting it.

Did you play the original?

I played it for awhile but then just randomly stopped for some reason. Hopefully this time I'll try to max out my experience.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
So there is like 53 mods for the Xbox one already, but zero for the Ps4?

I am an Xbox one user, but i am just wondering why nobody has created mods for the Ps4 yet.

1) Only 1GB space for mods on PS4, compared to 5GB on XBOne. Whilst most mods are only a few MB, the unofficial patch just went up today, at over 500MB, that's more than half your space gone with the first mod that everyone should install.

2) Sony not allowing external assets for PS4 mods. This stops a lot of mods dead in their tracks

So it's not surprising the modders are focusing on porting their mods to xbone first.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
1) Only 1GB space for mods on PS4, compared to 5GB on XBOne. Whilst most mods are only a few MB, the unofficial patch just went up today, at over 500MB, that's more than half your space gone with the first mod that everyone should install.

2) Sony not allowing external assets for PS4 mods. This stops a lot of mods dead in their tracks

So it's not surprising the modders are focusing on porting their mods to xbone first.

The question is will they support the Ps4.

It would be kind of sad that Ps4 players finally are allowed mods on these games to only have modders not create mods for their console.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Don't know about other PS4 users, but I wrote this game off when they first announced they wouldn't allow any mods for it. Figured I'd just be happier with the free upgrade to the PC version.

And now that it was revealed (or strongly hinted) that the Switch would have Skyrim on it, I couldn't care less about the PS4 version of this game. It doesn't bring anything to the table now.

Piques

Nov 19, 2009
What makes Mods so special for these games? I'm lost on what a Mod is? I have a PS4 and i played this on my 360 and loved it so should i be worried about buying it?

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
There were ps4 mods on there before, but they were just ones that changed the text of certain characters and such. Probably got removed as the xbox one mods by the same guy were also removed.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
Don't know about other PS4 users, but I wrote this game off when they first announced they wouldn't allow any mods for it. Figured I'd just be happier with the free upgrade to the PC version.

And now that it was revealed (or strongly hinted) that the Switch would have Skyrim on it, I couldn't care less about the PS4 version of this game. It doesn't bring anything to the table now.

Yeah, I totally wrote it off too because of that. If and when I do get it, I'll get it for my XB1. Until then no reason to just replay the whole thing again with nothing added from my PS3 version except better visuals which were never my issue with the game to begin with.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Skyrim is my favorite game of all time so I might need to buy this. Can someone explain to a mod noob how you go about adding mods to the XB1 version of this?

Thanks in advance!

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
Skyrim is my favorite game of all time so I might need to buy this. Can someone explain to a mod noob how you go about adding mods to the XB1 version of this?

Thanks in advance!

If its the same as Fallout4, you need to basically create an account on Bethesda.net, then when you load up the game there will be an option in the main menu for mods, you browse the workshop and install the ones you want. There might have to be tweaks to the load order, but that's it, surprisingly easy.

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland

As long as you are happy playing a PS3 version of Skyrim then Switch will be great for you.
It's a tablet with a docking station and everyone is excited about it.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I think the only mods I used with skyrim were the 2 really simple expanded weapon and armor type mods

Commander Clueless

Apathy of the Leaf
Sep 10, 2008
The question is will they support the Ps4.

It would be kind of sad that Ps4 players finally are allowed mods on these games to only have modders not create mods for their console.

True, but you can thank Sony for that. They've made it difficult.

Personally, I wrote it off when I'd already sunk hundreds of hours into it years ago. :laugh:

I do understand why people want to go back to it again, as it was (and is) a great game...but unless your only option is PS4, I don't know why you'd choose it.

Also, the "free" PC upgrade is only if you have all the DLC, correct? Not that it really matters, I guess, since there are graphical upgrade mods readily available anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad