Confirmed Trade: [SJ/VAN] Jonathan Dahlen for Linus Karlsson

Feb 19, 2018
I trust our scouting in Vancouver so somehow I think we might have pulled a fast one. I also trust SAN Jose’s drafting and they just took this kid third round last year.

Basically a pic for Dahlen. One that we clearly had eyes on.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Lol 2 days ago, you literally said, "He’s been very good in the AHL, excellent lately. He’s part of or future core he’s going nowhere, especially before we try him with Petey and Boeser."
Key word, lately. And yes, we would have if he didn’t ask for a trade. That changes the circumstances don’t you think?

go comets

Jul 10, 2013
I love this trade. So not only are the Sharks the clear cut #1 favorite to win the Stanley Cup this year, this trade should make the Barracuda the favorites for the Calder Cup too.
Good luck with that Calder cup plan. Dahlen is not a player that will lead your team anywhere. Average skater, poor defensively and invisible at even strength....

go comets

Jul 10, 2013
Isn't Cull's resume of graduating players from the AHL abysmal?
What on Earth are you talking about?? Cull was in the Tampa organization coaching in Syracuse and they have graduated a ton of prospecs to the NHL.
Now in his 2nd season in Utica and several players have gone up.
Dahlen didn't wanna work and thinks he belongs in the NHL and simply is an average AHL player. Nothing more to it..

Reactions: nucks88

glasgow26

Jul 17, 2007
San Francisco
Very intrigued by this as a Sharks fan. Dahlen was once a very highly touted prospect and I'm excited to track his development over the next year or two.

Hopefully he can carve out a role for himself with the big club soon.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
What on Earth are you talking about?? Cull was in the Tampa organization coaching in Syracuse and they have graduated a ton of prospecs to the NHL.
Now in his 2nd season in Utica and several players have gone up.
Dahlen didn't wanna work and thinks he belongs in the NHL and simply is an average AHL player. Nothing more to it..
Oh that is correct, I thought he was was hired from elsewhere

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I trust our scouting in Vancouver so somehow I think we might have pulled a fast one. I also trust SAN Jose’s drafting and they just took this kid third round last year.

Basically a pic for Dahlen. One that we clearly had eyes on.

The most successful pick the Sharks have ever made from the 3rd round in franchise history is Thomas Greiss. Our third round drafting is inexplicably terrible.

Honestly hilarious to see that one Nucks fan racing about how great this deal is. Most Sharks fans forgot Linus existed.

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
you haven't figured out that the sports books give the most overrated teams the best odds? they WANT suckers to waste their money picking Tampa/Calgary/Winnipeg
I've figured out what the term "#1 favorite" means. But it's clear you haven't.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Really? Karlsson is tracking worse than Dahlen when they were the same age in the same league. 30 in 50 is solid AHL production for a rookie, even at 21.
I wouldn’t call it solid. The chances of a player becoming an NHLer with that production in the AHL are really low.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Isn't Cull's resume of graduating players from the AHL abysmal?
This is his first season as an ahl head coach
Reports from our Utica friends on Canucks' board is that
Dahlen skating is really weird and is not able to accelerate 5 on 5 because of that, no real improvement through out the year either
He only looks good during the PP and that's all

Edit : Second

NoRaise4Brackett

But Brackett!!!
Mar 16, 2011
Lurking the Boards
I was pretty excited to see what Dahlen could do this year in Utica, but it seems his game didn't translate. Without as much time and space in a more physical league, he's just not the same player. He was overwhelmed in the AHL last year, and has not been tracking all that well this year. For a 21 year old that has already played 2 seasons against men and dominated, I figured he'd be excelling in the AHL and knocking on the door for a callup. Instead, he's put up some points with "meh" play, and has been passed by others on the depth chart. He's still young enough that a change of scenery might do it for him, but he clearly wasn't happy in Utica.

Not sure about the return, just file this one away and check back in a few years

Bitz and Bites

May 5, 2012
Victoria
Dahlen seems like the kind of player who does well in Europe with more time and space and less hitting but struggles in NA in tight quarters and more physical play.I predict he'll be back in Sweden at the end of next season,if not sooner,unless he can make some major adjustments in his game.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Why is there no Jim Benning two Karlssons meme yet?
ea6bdd2421.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad