Confirmed Trade: [SJ/VAN] Jonathan Dahlen for Linus Karlsson

thelittlecoon

ELIAS PETTERSSON
Jun 19, 2017
Vancouver
Yes!! Glad we are moving on from Dahlen. Don't like his play or attitude down in Utica this year. Trade him before his value plummets when he goes back to Sweden in the summer.

Reactions: Hindustan Smyl

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
I thought Dahlen was supposed to be a stud prospect?

He was a B-level guy at his peak. Ottawa soured on him and so did Vancouver apparently. Must be a big flaw in his game for two teams to move on from him. I don't watch him to know what that is though.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
But he demands fellow swedes as tribute.
So this means in the offseason they'll trade Melker Karlsson for Rasmus Dahlin so they have both Dahlin's. I mean Doug Wilson could have Luca Brasi force Buffalo into making that trade.

ThePlanet

Aug 13, 2008
San Jose
Excited to see how Dahlen develops in the coming years, but I'm not thrilled to give up Linus, who I thought was a steal in the draft. I feel as though this trade will work well for both teams.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
No....Dahlen was part of the Canucks’ future I read a couple of days ago...when this rumour came up.

They basically traded him for absolute nothing.

CloutierForVezina

May 13, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
What :laugh: Learn about the player before you post this. Dahlen was not tracking well at all. Looked lost this yr

Isn't Linus struggling in the exact same league Dahlen tore up?

Legitimately confused, I haven't followed Linus at all, but he's sitting at 0.35 PPG in the Allsvenskan which is the same league Dahlen torched with over 1.0 PPG.

From stat watching it looks like Linus had a disappointing development year this year. Someone else want to shed some light on why this move is anything more than terrible? Seems like just a straight downgrade.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
I thought Dahlen was supposed to be a stud prospect?
My assumption is they realized just how much Dahlen was a product of Pettersson, and once they had a chance to watch both of them first-hand, they decided Dahlen wasn't who they thought he was.

You can be sure that Thomas Gradin had a lot of input on this, and that gives me confidence.

Bonham

Nov 24, 2008
Victoria, BC
He was a B-level guy at his peak. Ottawa soured on him and so did Vancouver apparently. Must be a big flaw in his game for two teams to move on from him. I don't watch him to know what that is though.

From all accounts he is a soft perimeter player with trouble engaging and struggles with his skating abilities at the AHL level.

There are a number of Utica posters on the Canuck's board that have been pretty straight up about his play this year.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Traded twice, something fishy with Dahlen, is daddy Ulf just as bad as Nylnder?
Ulf has been really well liked among players and teams he has coached even though he's been sacked twice in a row. Has always been super professional and stuck around for a year after being fired so Jonatan could finish "hockey high school" with the team Ulf was fired from. I don't think he would get in the way of the relationship between club/player.

Seventy7

May 16, 2015
Rumour is that he was less than happy about going through the AHL... and followed that up with a weak season. Lacks foot speed... reminds me of Pulkinnen.

Other rumour is that there is chat about him going back to Sweden if he’s not going to play in the NHL

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
My assumption is they realized just how much Dahlen was a product of Pettersson, and once they had a chance to watch both of them first-hand, they decided Dahlen wasn't who they thought he was.

You can be sure that Thomas Gradin had a lot of input on this, and that gives me confidence.
He was PPG last year without Pettersson. Was a highly rated prospect from young age and has had a nice progression. Has he really been that bad this year?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad