Sisson phantom highsticking

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I have to assume you're talking about Sissons. I agree. He's a total embarrasement to the Preds. That acting job by Sissons was something you see in soccer... not hockey.

Subban's worse. He was pathetic against the Jets. But that's Nashville hockey. Draw power plays and kill you with them. Can't touch them though. [mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
A goof that most teams would love to have playing for them.

Ok, does that make him any less of a goof? He's a great player, but the clown act is getting old. That was an embarrassing display, and it cost him 14 minutes in the box, rightfully so.

snopro31

Apr 21, 2007
MANITOBA
Parros better be suspending Sissons tomorrow after an inperson hearing.
Its bad enough soccer is flop city, the NHL has to stop this type of behavior now.

Johnny Rifle

Pittsburgh Penguins
Apr 7, 2018
Hampton, VA
Parros better be suspending Sissons tomorrow after an inperson hearing.
Its bad enough soccer is flop city, the NHL has to stop this type of behavior now.

I agree, but the NHL is pretty much powerless to do anything other than issue fines at this point. The league could try to negotiate with the NHLPA to allow the DoPS to suspend players on embellishments, but right now suspensions will not happen unless a change is made.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Subban's worse. He was pathetic against the Jets. But that's Nashville hockey. Draw power plays and kill you with them. Can't touch them though. [mod]

You're theory might be more believable if the Preds PP wasnt one of the worst in the league... but whatever you need to tell yourself...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: adsfan

PunkRockLocke

Jun 15, 2017
Pender Harbour
It's gamesmanship that has been happening for a very long time. I don't really have an issue with it. On the refs to call it.

I would encourage the refs calling more unsportsmanlike conduct penalties for embellishment.

Quite ironic that this happens on a play against Brad Marchand. I doubt anyone feels bad for him.

Reactions: Gnashville

cactusjack

Apr 3, 2015
The game is too fast for officials right now, they have to find a place to skate away from the play not to be too close and are missing/misjudging a lot of what's really going on. They have to get better, be held accountable and probably be taken out of the ice. All penalty should be rewiewable and on the 2nd one that your not successfull you have a 2min for delay of game. Teams would not challenge unless it's obvious because you don't want to be in a 2min 5on3.

As for Sisson, this should be a 2min after further review and a 2-3 games suspension for a first offense. Add 2 games for each case after that.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Sissons certainly sold it, but the stick did appear to hit Sissons Helmet.

Plus it was deserved since Marchand had already tripped/slewfooted Rinne twice in the period when the refs weren’t looking. I still don’t understand why linesmen can’t call obviously dangerous penalties when they see them.

Crazed Fan

Jul 9, 2011
Winnipeg
You're theory might be more believable if the Preds PP wasnt one of the worst in the league... but whatever you need to tell yourself...

Not scoring on an undeserved PP doesnt mean these BS calls dont exist. Subban in the playoffs was disgusting. This is disgusting. Keep on cheating Nashville.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
He's never done anything like that though. I watched a few angles and I still can't even tell if his stick actually even grazed him.

Hope Sissons gets fined and embarrassed for that.
He’s litterally been fined for diving. That means the league gave him at least one warning before the fine.

Last edited:

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Marchand's little antic might have been more meaningful if he hadn't been guilty of this at least a dozen times in his career.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
said it in another thread but I think Sissions needs to be fined, Marchand should also be fined for the antics after the penalty call, but mostly the referee needs to also be fi ed or somehow be held accountable for his actions

My opinion on this is that the ref should call it as they see it, and if they get duped by some clown faking it, then that player should face a suspension. Start with 2 games, and add the more they do it.

The danger of fining the ref is that if that's what he saw, then that's what he saw. From the other angle it probably looked like he hit him.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
This is really not that uncommon at all. League has gotten so soft the last couple years. Most games I watch at least a 1/3 of the penalty calls to my eye involve at least some embellishment. Every team does it because the refs have been told to clamp down on stick infractions. Teams do it because it works, every time a stick touches a glove it's a hook or slash, every time a glove touches an jersey it's a hold, and every time a player falls it's a trip. Really ruins the flow of the even strength game in my opinion.

This has been happening for decades. Don't play it off like it's some kind of new thing.

Marchand himself is one of the worst for this type of embellishment.

Reactions: PredsV82

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
I remember Arvidsson acting like he got shot in the playoffs against the Blues a couple years ago when Perron didn't touch him. Of course Perron got a slashing for it. Seems like a lot of preds players are good actors.

PerdFan

Oct 10, 2010
Colton Sisson’s acting ability has nothing on the drama queens in this thread. I’ve never seen anything like it.
The biggest embarrassment was the way Marchand handled the situation. Now that was embarrassing. Which is why everyone is over dramatizing Sisson’s flinch, to take some heat off of the shit show Marchy proceeded with after.

Did the Preds score during the 14 minutes BM was off the ice? No. Was it the reason the Bruins lost? No. Does it happen to every team? Yes! And most of the time a hell a lot more flagrantly embellished than what Sissons did.

Move the hell on people.

Reactions: PredsV82

gorangers0525

Dec 15, 2014
Glad Marchand got the double minor and misconduct , what a f***ing hypocritical whiner.

Give Sissons a fine and move on.

Mass

Feb 18, 2013
Baltimore, MD
It's incidents like these that really make me question the direction the league is going in. Clean, hard-working, overall good ambassadors for hockey like Marchand getting shown up by known embellishers and rat players like Sissons is a true travesty.

Won't the league think of the children? It's time to put players like Sissons in their place. Appease all the Blues, Ducks, Jets, and whichever teams get victimized by Nashville's antics next. I'm calling you out Bettman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad