Sisson phantom highsticking

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
said it in another thread but I think Sissions needs to be fined, Marchand should also be fined for the antics after the penalty call, but mostly the referee needs to also be fi ed or somehow be held accountable for his actions

What Sissons did is a joke and should be fined. He knowingly embellished, which can be finable.
What Marchand did is a joke and he should be fined. He's a laughable hypocrite who embellishes all the time and NOW has righteous indignation about it.

What the ref did is a case of making a call at the spur of the moment in a high speed game. Unlike either guy he wasn't doing anything to gain an advantage or to purposely make a joke of a situation. He made a mistake. If we start fining refs because of incorrect calls that are made then they aren't going to make any calls.... or we'll have a ridiculous replay system that stops every game multiple times in order to get the "right call".

2 guys were assclowns. One guy made a mistake in a difficult situation. There is really no need to even bring him up.

Last edited by a moderator:

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
I could repeat the 1st 2 sentences from your post here. Marchand absolutely creates something from nothing. If you don't see it, perhaps bias is clouding your judgement.
He is an embellishment freak. I've yet to see him fake a high stick, for example.

Also, the official absolutely must be held accountable. He let his ego impact the game giving out 14 PIMs instead of zero or even his mistaken two.

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
What Sissons did is a joke and should be fined. He knowingly embellished, which can be finable.
What Marchand did is a joke and he should be fined. He's a laughable hypocrite who embellishes all the time and NOW has righteous indignation about it.

What the ref did is a case of making a call at the spur of the moment in a high speed game. Unlike either guy he wasn't doing anything to gain an advantage or to purposely make a joke of a situation. He made a mistake. If we start fining refs because of incorrect calls that are made then they aren't going to make any calls.... or we'll have a ridiculous replay system that stops every game multiple times in order to get the "right call".

2 guys were assclowns. One guy made a mistake in a difficult situation. There is really no need to even bring him up.
well at least we agree on 2 of my 3 points. I simply feel that of all the major sports NHL referees are the most protected. that being said, Joanette who I believe made the call needs to be held accountable for a blown call.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
It figures this would turn into a trial of Marchand, but more on topic when a dive is this obvious the league should skip the warning and go right to fine and next one is a suspension. Sisson made the official look like an idiot.

They'll never be able to catch these in a game because it's just too fast. But there is not nearly enough warnings, fines and suspensions being handed out for diving after games. The NHL should have a full review team to get this crap out of the game.

Predsrule

Nov 18, 2008
It's not like he licked the guy.... That being said Id be fine with a game here. Start setting a precedent

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
This has been happening around the league for quite a while now. Sucks but unless you want instant replay for every penalty people will take that chance and embelish or even fake contact.

Marchand really didn't need to act like a clown afterwards.
Guys who embellish NEED to be called out.

That was embarrasing.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Sometimes, I can buy the idea that it is a natural recation to move the head back when a stick is around you.

But you can tell by the timing of his head snap, that he was just trying to draw a penalty there.

What did marchand get the extra 2 for? Was it because of the scrum or his theatrics while going to the box?

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
the preds have quite a few known embellishers so it's no surprise to see their young learning the trade

hilarious that embellishing legend marchand was on the other end of this one

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
Don Cherry had it wrong all along, it will be the Canadian and American players turning the game into soccer.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
I'm not necessarily in favor of adding even more reviews, but this one was obvious. The NBA has HD monitors (not tablets) court-side. In the amount of time to announce the penalty and get the face-off set, the right call could have easily been made with such a set-up.

The blatant embellishment and ensuing blown call adversely affected the game. The Preds got 2 power plays they didn't deserve, and the Bruins lost Marchand for nearly a third of the game. And as dependent as they are on their top line (PP included), that was a severe blow.

The fans deserve better and we have the technology to get this right, and in a timely fashion.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
You dislike a guy losing his **** because an opponent faked a high stick more than the guy who faked getting hit?

Wow

When the guy losing his shit is himself the biggest sack of shit in the game, the unquestioned king of questionable behavior on the ice, absolutely.

Reactions: Armourboy

PredsV82

Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
This talks about you more than Marchand. Letting bias cloud your judgment!

Marchand embellishes not create something from nothing

This is quite possibly the most illogical and counterfactual thing I have ever seen posted on these boards, including the now defunct politics boards, which is saying something.

Congratulations, I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
If the league really was interested in putting a stop to these shenanigans their current system of fining a guy couch money isn’t going to work.

The penalty needs to be in game for it to matter.

Let coaches use their challenge on high sticking they feel doesn’t make contact. It’s the penalty that seems to get the most dramatics anyway.

They get it right? Sammy SnapBack goes to the box instead of his guy. Get it wrong your challenge is lost and his guy goes to the box.

Simple.

Reactions: TheUnusedCrayon

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
The irony of a Preds fan showing Marchand videos when they have Mr Embellishment Subban. Face it Sissions faked it like James Neal did vs the Bruins years ago when he also played for the Preds. They perfected the 'Plekanicking' head snap

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

PredsV82

Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
The irony of a Preds fan showing Marchand videos when they have Mr Embellishment Subban. Face it Sissions faked it like James Neal did vs the Bruins years ago when he also played for the Preds.

Marchand is in his own private universe when it comes to deplorable behavior on ice. There is simply no one who even comes close. Any other player in the NHL does this (well, except maybe Burrows) and I concede your point.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
This is quite possibly the most illogical and counterfactual thing I have ever seen posted on these boards, including the now defunct politics boards, which is saying something.

Congratulations, I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul
You realize embellishment means exaggeration rather than this, which was a player faking everything?

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
You dislike a guy losing his **** because an opponent faked a high stick more than the guy who faked getting hit?

Wow

Weird right.. but it probably has to do with Marchand being one of the most known diver in the league, whining and crying ridiculously about another player diving..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->