Sisson phantom highsticking

Theodoriph

Jul 16, 2009
I've watched the video so many times, and still don't see how Sissons supposedly embellished the phantom high stick.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
He did, April of 2018, that video though is from April 2017.

I can try...

I now have a better response. Being the Russian warrior that he is he tore his labrum on that hit and weathered out the storm all last season (you can tell by how much lower his shooting percentage is). So yes Austin Watson tore his labrum in a round about way.

Reactions: triggrman

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
I've watched the video so many times, and still don't see how Sissons supposedly embellished the phantom high stick.

I hope you are joking. Anyways let me help you out, pause it at around the 53 to 55 seconds and the other angle 1:01 to 1:03. You see him throw up his arms and grab his head. It is called 'Plekanicking' fake after Tomas Plekanec, who did it so many times with the Habs. Throw back your head like you got hit, to draw attention to the phantom crime. Easy to fool the ref but they watch hi-lites too. Now Scissions has a reputation.

I wonder if the refs looked at him after to see if blood was drawn, usually they do, then its a 4 minute penalty. In this case Scissions would have to keep up the act like he got hit.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
I have to assume you're talking about Sissons. I agree. He's a total embarrasement to the Preds. That acting job by Sissons was something you see in soccer... not hockey.
You should assume I was responding to your post which was about how Marchand was embarrassing other people. He wasnt.

CamMac

Jan 3, 2015
Dummied = went to 7 games, down to the last period of a one goal games where an aging Bruins core barely scraped by a young, under 23 core Leafs.

Interesting interpretation. Luckily for us, we got to watch Tampa dismantle Boston a few days later...and we kept our first rounder :)
2013 and 2018- Boston is Toronto’s daddy.

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
Interesting..............

Keith Yandle fined $2,000 for diving/embellishment
Panthers defenseman cited for second violation this season

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maple Leafs' Kadri fined for diving/embellishment
Issued for incident against Senators on March 12

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marchand fined for embellishment in Bruins game against Penguins
Assessed penalty for incident involving Pittsburgh defenseman Maatta

the high stick did hit him in the shoulder.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
He sold it afterwards but the stick appears to hit him in the helmet. Marchand’s reaction was asinine and he deserved the extra time. He sells things multiple times a season but acts like a Jackhole when someone gets a penalty on him with it. Live by the sword die by the sword.

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
seek medical attention.

What a dumb response.

Your narcissism is so out of control that this is what you come up with? A gaslighting tactic? Really? You’ve got to be BETTER than that. Just be real for once and stop showing out for your pride. Anybody with a modicum of common sense or self respect, can see that he is fixing his helmet. What is in the water over there?

Samcanadian

Dec 13, 2011
I remember Stamkos flopped on a partial break, from a phantom high stick. I think it might have been the game where he scored his 60th, and it was against the Jets.

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
a lot of people dive and embellish, ya even marchand does...but you dont wanna go that extra, like super saiyan, level 9000....that was too much acting, way way too exaggerated, theres no room in game for this stuff

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
I hope you are joking. Anyways let me help you out, pause it at around the 53 to 55 seconds and the other angle 1:01 to 1:03. You see him throw up his arms and grab his head. It is called 'Plekanicking' fake after Tomas Plekanec, who did it so many times with the Habs. Throw back your head like you got hit, to draw attention to the phantom crime. Easy to fool the ref but they watch hi-lites too. Now Scissions has a reputation.

I wonder if the refs looked at him after to see if blood was drawn, usually they do, then its a 4 minute penalty. In this case Scissions would have to keep up the act like he got hit.
Yes. That Scissons fellow certainly will have a rep with the refs now for pulling the stunts you're referring too. Sissons will be fine though. He may get a warning about overdoing it, but a rep? That's a reach for a single incident.

Mick Riddleton

Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Yes. That Scissons fellow certainly will have a rep with the refs now for pulling the stunts you're referring too. Sissons will be fine though. He may get a warning about overdoing it, but a rep? That's a reach for a single incident.
They add up, refs will remember being embarrassed, it will circulate in the text messages and conversations. This is how it starts, do it once and you are on the radar. It is up to him if he wants to continue it, if he stops then he will be okay

37Bergenov14

Jul 14, 2016
Honestly wouldn't have had too much of an issue with the penalty outcome if they had at least given sissons 2 for embellishment. Marchand may have deserved the extra for his antics, but the original "penalty" should have been cancelled out at the very least (even though I hate the fact that both players get a penalty when one player fakes getting penalized).

Reactions: FanSince72

Mick Riddleton

Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
He sold it afterwards but the stick appears to hit him in the helmet. Marchand’s reaction was asinine and he deserved the extra time. He sells things multiple times a season but acts like a Jackhole when someone gets a penalty on him with it. Live by the sword die by the sword.
Nope it never touched him, stop making Sissions out to be the innocent victim here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->