Sisson phantom highsticking

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
Is everybody insane or does Jack Edwards have multiple accounts on here?

Marchand clearly hit Sissons helmet and then Sissons pulls his helmet back down. I don’t see any embellishment on Sissons’ part.

Are we actually living in an Idoicracy because this thread sure feels like it.

Let me know.

seek medical attention.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
This has been happening for decades. Don't play it off like it's some kind of new thing.

I don't really think that's true. Sure there has always been some dives or embellishing here or there but not to the scale like what we've seen recently where players are actively trying to draw calls every other shift. If the refs mandate is to call every little thing to get the stick infractions out of the game players are going to try to use that to their advantage. I'd rather see them call the obvious stuff that impacts the play and leave the little ticcy tac shit alone. Boring to watch teams just trade powerplays for half the game.

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
Imagine a league where players showed each other up like this when they do something wrong. Imagine players showing personality on the ice. Imagine....ratings actually going up. I read an article today that said the average age of an NHL viewer has grown by 12 years since 2000. We need more bat flips, not less. Good on Marchand. This was HILARIOUS. I would laugh if someone pulled the same thing the next time he pulls this crap.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
I don't really think that's true. Sure there has always been some dives or embellishing here or there but not to the scale like what we've seen recently where players are actively trying to draw calls every other shift. If the refs mandate is to call every little thing to get the stick infractions out of the game players are going to try to use that to their advantage. I'd rather see them call the obvious stuff that impacts the play and leave the little ticcy tac **** alone. Boring to watch teams just trade powerplays for half the game.

You're ignoring the other part - if they get caught embellishing, up the suspensions. That way the ref can do his job and doesn't need to weigh "what if I am wrong" everytime he is going to call something and the onus is on the player.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Imagine a league where players showed each other up like this when they do something wrong. Imagine players showing personality on the ice. Imagine....ratings actually going up. I read an article today that said the average age of an NHL viewer has grown by 12 years since 2000. We need more bat flips, not less. Good on Marchand. This was HILARIOUS. I would laugh if someone pulled the same thing the next time he pulls this crap.

I think he overdid it. I would probably find it funnier if it didn't come from a guy who embellishes more than most.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
You're ignoring the other part - if they get caught embellishing, up the suspensions. That way the ref can do his job and doesn't need to weigh "what if I am wrong" everytime he is going to call something and the onus is on the player.

Well I don't think there's ever been an actual suspension for embellishment/diving as far as I know, usually just a fine of a couple grand. I would just go back to one ref.

CamMac

Jan 3, 2015
I think he overdid it. I would probably find it funnier if it didn't come from a guy who embellishes more than most.
You would probably find it funnier if it wasn’t coming from the agitating winger, on the one-line team that dummied the Leafs in the playoffs last year.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
You would probably find it funnier if it wasn’t coming from the agitating winger, on the one-line team that dummied the Leafs in the playoffs last year.
Also, Kadri pulled a similar move to Scissons during the Pittsburgh/Toronto game Saturday night.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.

Dummied = went to 7 games, down to the last period of a one goal games where an aging Bruins core barely scraped by a young, under 23 core Leafs.

Interesting interpretation. Luckily for us, we got to watch Tampa dismantle Boston a few days later...and we kept our first rounder :)

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Also, Kadri pulled a similar move to Scissons during the Pittsburgh/Toronto game Saturday night.
That would be relevant if I was defending Kadri, but I am not and I am probably one of the most vocal on our boards about his shennagins. I wouldn't have cried foul if he got suspended for that nonsense.

Bless your heart. Nice try.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Dummied = went to 7 games, down to the last period of a one goal games where an aging Bruins core barely scraped by a young, under 23 core Leafs.

Interesting interpretation. Luckily for us, we got to watch Tampa dismantle Boston a few days later...and we kept our first rounder :)
Whatever helps you sleep at night knowing another team did the job yours is not capable of.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
That would be relevant if I was defending Kadri, but I am not and I am probably one of the most vocal on our boards about his shennagins. I wouldn't have cried foul if he got suspended for that nonsense.

Bless your heart. Nice try.
How many edits are you going to make. Nice try. Bless your heart, Junior.

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
Marchand gets a taste of his own medicine and then takes an unsportsmanlike because he can't handle it. It's a bad call, but Marchand didn't do his team any favors whining to the refs.

Reactions: Critical91

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
For the record, this same thing happened to the Preds not two weeks ago with Vlasic. This is a common thing

Sissons out Marchanded Marchand. That was funny.

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
what would you like them to say, LOL.

They never comment on this type of "event." :laugh:

Interesting..............

Keith Yandle fined $2,000 for diving/embellishment

Panthers defenseman cited for second violation this season

by NHL Public Relations @PR_NHL / NHL.com

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maple Leafs' Kadri fined for diving/embellishment

Issued for incident against Senators on March 12

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marchand fined for embellishment in Bruins game against Penguins

Assessed penalty for incident involving Pittsburgh defenseman Maatta

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Whatever helps you sleep at night knowing another team did the job yours is not capable of.
I don't get this at all. If there is one thing the leafs are historically great at, its doing the job.

I keeed, I keeed

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
Bruins fan here.

This happens every game, every team does it. It’s not deplorable, it’s human nature when the reward is so high and the consequences non existent. The only reason we are even talking about it is because Marchand’s got frustrated and freaked out. I’m not saying I blame him, it was frustrating at the time, but this is a blown call on a dive, not an overturned murder conviction.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad