Sisson phantom highsticking

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Hilarious that it's Marchand, one of the biggest divers in the league doing this.

He's never done anything like that though. I watched a few angles and I still can't even tell if his stick actually even grazed him.

Hope Sissons gets fined and embarrassed for that.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
I don't think that's cut very well.

I still don't know for sure if there's contact, but Sportsnet seems to think the only place you can have stick contact is on the blade. If there is contact, I'm pretty sure it's the shaft of Marchand's stick making it, so that reverse angle is the worst.

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC
Preds have been doing the same thing for years. Had the exact same thing in the playoffs, stick never touched the guy and he grabbed his face and dropped.

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
said it in another thread but I think Sissions needs to be fined, Marchand should also be fined for the antics after the penalty call, but mostly the referee needs to also be fi ed or somehow be held accountable for his actions

serp

Jan 17, 2016
This has been happening around the league for quite a while now. Sucks but unless you want instant replay for every penalty people will take that chance and embelish or even fake contact.

Marchand really didn't need to act like a clown afterwards.

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
Give this guy a serious suspension, there is no room for acts like this in hockey. It has become serious cancer in sports like soccer for example. Cut it out immediately.
]

Oh, give it a rest.

Refs get fooled all the time with high sticks and none of them need a thread.

Well, maybe this does since it's Marchand. And we all know he's never taken a dive... :laugh:

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Marchand is never going to get the benefit of the doubt on calls and that’s his own fault.

I’d be okay with a fine for that fake too though.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
This is really not that uncommon at all. League has gotten so soft the last couple years. Most games I watch at least a 1/3 of the penalty calls to my eye involve at least some embellishment. Every team does it because the refs have been told to clamp down on stick infractions. Teams do it because it works, every time a stick touches a glove it's a hook or slash, every time a glove touches an jersey it's a hold, and every time a player falls it's a trip. Really ruins the flow of the even strength game in my opinion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad