Sisson phantom highsticking

cynicalcitizen

Feb 6, 2014
They add up, refs will remember being embarrassed, it will circulate in the text messages and conversations. This is how it starts, do it once and you are on the radar. It is up to him if he wants to continue it, if he stops then he will be okay
The refs have like a group text chat room kind of thing going? You only get the behind the scenes info like that from deeply connected posters.

Reactions: ClydeLee

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
Funny how this morning I was reading this thread and then tonight I was watching Marchand embellish calls.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
This is an easily fixable problem. The situation room reviews goals and goalie interference. Just have them review high sticking penalties. If there’s a blatant embellishment like this, give an automatic 5 and a game. That would totally stop this embarrassment but the NHL doesn’t care.

Reactions: HockeyMomx2

Mass

Feb 18, 2013
Baltimore, MD
Nice to see justice doled out to one of the NHL's more violent offenders after that incredibly dangerous crosscheck to Marchand by Lindell. Surprised that didn't break what's left of his spine.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
I agree, but the NHL is pretty much powerless to do anything other than issue fines at this point. The league could try to negotiate with the NHLPA to allow the DoPS to suspend players on embellishments, but right now suspensions will not happen unless a change is made.
The fine needs to be increased. They’ll stop doing it when it costs them a nice chunk of change. 50k would likely see them become almost nonexistent. Won’t ever happen, but it would work.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
They add up, refs will remember being embarrassed, it will circulate in the text messages and conversations. This is how it starts, do it once and you are on the radar. It is up to him if he wants to continue it, if he stops then he will be okay
So the refs will remember Sissons' embellishment but not the total over the top mockery displayed by Marchand?

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
I have been a proponent for years of having retroactive suspensions for the pathetic act of diving and faking. We need to stay away from the soccer mentality.

Fines are not going to cut it. Game suspensions.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Sissons certainly sold it, but the stick did appear to hit Sissons Helmet.

Plus it was deserved since Marchand had already tripped/slewfooted Rinne twice in the period when the refs weren’t looking. I still don’t understand why linesmen can’t call obviously dangerous penalties when they see them.

It clearly grazes the shoulder but completely misses the head. Not sure what you're watching.

gorangers0525

Dec 15, 2014
It’s insane how much hockey fans exaggerate the league’s embellishment/diving issue. It will never get soccer bad, if a soccer player is on the floor for a few secs there is little chance it will even affect the play, when a hockey player sells a call and takes themselves out of a play, it can really come back to hurt them.

The diving issue is not getting worse or better. Players dove in the 90s, player will continue to dive today. It is still far from the problem that many people in this thread are making it out to be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad