Since joining the Canucks in 2019, JT Miller is 10th in league scoring

coolboarder

Mar 4, 2010
Maryland
I would bet you that other GM that was interested in Miller hitting their head for not giving up a lot for Miller. You really can't lowball the Canucks value assets anymore. They have the leverage now.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Lol people are going to slowly realize why we were one of the most hated teams in the league.
It was always because of the roster and personalities on the 09-12 Nucks teams. It’s honestly a little strange now seeing you guys do so well and not minding it whatsoever. The hatred and rivalry is long gone now

Reactions: bh53 and CherryToke

DS7

Oct 9, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Man, I dunno about that. It was clear at the time and in retrospect that the Luongo-era Canucks climaxed as one of the league’s intensely hated teams.

It really says a lot that the 2011 Bruins briefly became something of a darling for beating that team. The 2011 Bruins were an easily hateable team in their own right, with guys like Lucic and Marchand and Chara and Ference and Campbell, but the Canucks managed to engender even more hate.
Part of it was media driven, i still remember reading those articles about how the Nucks weren't Canada's team before the playoffs even began.

Burned into my memory was when the Kings won the cup in 2012, and the first question the reporter asked Willie Mitchell was whether the best part of the run was beating the Canucks in the first round. Not winning the damn cup, but beating Vancouver in 5. wtf.

Different core now. I can acknowledge at least why having Kesler/Torres/Burrows/Lapierre/Bieksa/Lu could engender some hate, but hard to see anyone on the current iteration of the team reach that.

As for JT, i really hope his game ages like Bergeron. and not Kesler.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Miller was for sure underrated, I wonder what it was in Vancouver that allowed him to find that other gear

Reactions: Szechwan

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
I’m not sure it’s confidence. I think he always had confidence, sometimes too much lol. In NY and even Tampa he floated in and out of plays. Wildly wildly inconsistent.

This is just classic development and a dude who worked hard to seize an opportunity. Kudos to him.
I recall Miller playing very timidly when he first came into the league, like almost afraid of body contact timid. In Vancouver he's been the polar opposite, totally contrary to my initial take on the guy.

Is my memory hazy or is there some truth to that?

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
How can the nucks even lose a game with prime gretzky, lemieux, Orr, and Roy on their team? Should be 82-0 by the end of the year.

I count 6 Canucks threads on just the first page i think? Gotta up those numbers, those a rookie numbers.
Of all the Canuck related posts, this is the weirdest one to be mad about.

Given that it's highlighting Miller's consistent play over the course of four years.

Not really a "flash in the pan" type post that will age poorly. He already accomplished this.

ForumNamePending

Mar 31, 2012
It's kind of wild how he went from a dude who over the first 7-8 years of his pro career was a pretty inconsistent player who topped out at 50 odd points, to elite production in Vancouver. Even in Junior he didn't exactly light the world on fire. Makes you wonder how many other guys are out there who are just the right team, or coach, or linemate(s), or whatever, away from being a whole lot more than they currently are. :dunno:

cc

Feb 28, 2002
It's quite the remarkable story so far. There really isn't anything throughout his career that would indicate his current production level prior to him joining the Canucks. He was a winger that came in to insulate EP and he was successful at that role. After, he changed positions becoming a full time center and contrary to the expectations of many including myself, he was able to flourish at that role. He really is somewhat of an enigma who consistently exceeds my expectations.

Reactions: vanarchy

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Miller has now passed Matthew Tkachuk (two more points in one fewer game).

He's also passed Rantanen, but to be fair to Rantanen, he's played 33 more games.

For now, JT Miller is 8th in NHL scoring over the past five seasons.

He's second in NHL scoring right now and while that may not be where he ends up at the end of the season, he's proven to be a guy you can expect to be in the top 10 in any given season.

Reactions: jackjohnson

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
& this is why if you have the chance to trade a 1st for a top 6 player, you do it. With exceptions of course (I wouldn't want Davidson trading our first right now).

Reactions: JKG33

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021

He's also passed Rantanen, but to be fair to Rantanen, he's played 33 more games.

He's second in NHL scoring right now and while that may not be where he ends up at the end of the season, he's proven to be a guy you can expect to be in the top 10 in any given season.
Remember people here wanted a 1st to be packaged with Miller for future consideration because he was deemed as a cap dump? Hehe good times and it was not that long ago either

Zanon

Apr 4, 2008
Vancouver

Dude is so consistent

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
4th in NHL scoring now. Just a point producing machine. One of the best passers in the league.

Recently reached 600 career points.

Reactions: Szechwan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad