Since joining the Canucks in 2019, JT Miller is 10th in league scoring

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Bout time we got a thread to celebrate the Vancouver turnaround season of 2023-24.

If it wasn't for Hughes and Miller outshining him I think there would be some Hart discussions around Miller

Reactions: BrendanGaunce4Selke

MacMacandBarbie

Dec 9, 2019
Can someone who followed JT Millers career in New York to now comment on if he looks more confident? Seems like he’s been given a little more trust and is playing with a real edge out there. Dude was scowling and getting under McDavids skin all night last night, not sure if he always plays like this as I never really watch the canucks.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
So many complained that VAN traded a 1st for him. VAN likely will get more points and games this season alone than the career of that player they didn’t end up taking.

Very good use of a 1st rounder and when it’s time to trade him, they will recover that asset anyhow.

I’d trade my 1st every year if I could get the kind of production value the Canucks have from that trade.
Vancouver's 1st got traded to Tampa Bay for JT Miller, who is one VAN's top forwards.

Tampa Bay traded that 1st to NJ for Blake Coleman, who was an important player for TB and helped win two Stanley Cups.

NJ used that pick to draft Shakir Mukhamadullin, who was then a key piece the Timo Meier trade.

Mukhamadullin has 16 points in 21 games for AHL Barracuda and seems to have all the tools to be a future top pairing defenseman. In a rebuilding SJ franchise desperate for talent.

Crazy to think how that pick has traveled through four different franchises and every single one of those four franchises has found a way to benefit from this one asset.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Bump the trade thread and look at my posts, ignore everything I've gotten wrong in the past, and you'll think I'm a prophet.

• Haha
Reactions: tarheelhockey

IComeInPeace

Jun 16, 2009
LA
2-way beast, puts up numbers, and in todays game where power forwards are all but gone, he can play that game too.

This Is one that Benning can look back on and say “see what I did there you ingrates!”

NYRKing

Mar 12, 2008
Can someone who followed JT Millers career in New York to now comment on if he looks more confident? Seems like he’s been given a little more trust and is playing with a real edge out there. Dude was scowling and getting under McDavids skin all night last night, not sure if he always plays like this as I never really watch the canucks.
I’m not sure it’s confidence. I think he always had confidence, sometimes too much lol. In NY and even Tampa he floated in and out of plays. Wildly wildly inconsistent.

This is just classic development and a dude who worked hard to seize an opportunity. Kudos to him.

Reactions: afrocentric

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
Miller is a beast on a winning team, I always knew that. I have to eat crow, that I did not see how committed he was to morph himself into a center that can get selke votes. Same time last year, I thought he would only be an elite one way winger! The goal is to keep winning when hes on the team, the more dominant his team is, seems the better he gets.

He is the first guy I will trade if the team goes Oilers one day though.

What an interesting player.

Reactions: bh53

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
How can the nucks even lose a game with prime gretzky, lemieux, Orr, and Roy on their team? Should be 82-0 by the end of the year.

I count 6 Canucks threads on just the first page i think? Gotta up those numbers, those a rookie numbers.
We had 8 years of people talking shit about us, 100’s of threads

You can give us 6, when we finally turned it around.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Maybe that 8 mil x 7 year contract is actually fair value, considering his contributions?

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
JT Miller became a dad in 2018, same year he was traded to TB.
That's a big life change. In his dad+1 season in Tampa, it's where he looked his worse.
Once he adjusted to full dad, and finally got a settle-in contract in Vancouver, he's been able to relinquish those stress points and unleash the full Jimothy Timothy.

Reactions: TropicOfNoReturn

DamonDRW

Dec 23, 2007
Tampere, Finland
Glad you seem to have recovered from that coma you were in between 2010-2012
No clue what actually happened then. Are you talking about that street crap after the finals? I guess you overestimate the importance of your team to non-Vancouver fans. No one actually cared.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad