Player Discussion: Simon Holmstrom

Glorydays22

Nov 21, 2011
Oops . . .
First off, I guess you never made a statement here that is wrong. :huh:
Secondly, glad you have so much time is your busy life to go and check through all my comments. You must lead a very satisfying and fulfilling life :sarcasm:

Reactions: MJF

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
A perfect example of my point
If you can't take it, don't dish it out
First off, I guess you never made a statement here that is wrong. :huh:
Secondly, glad you have so much time is your busy life to go and check through all my comments. You must lead a very satisfying and fulfilling life

Reactions: mm11

The Wahligator

Nov 27, 2015
Long Island
This kid is shaping up to be a nice player. Boy is he ugly though.

IMG_8569.jpeg

BarzyClub

Jan 17, 2018
Wish he got more asists, but the dude is a certified puckhound.
Crazy stat of the night ( yes, I looked it up because it was driving me nuts.):

He’s got the most goals of players with zero assists of anyone since the 1920’s.

• Wow
Reactions: TMI

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com

He’s got the most goals of players with zero assists of anyone since the 1920’s.
One of the guys on the ESPN telecast, maybe it was Ferraro, called him a CY Young candidate and i thought he made a dumb mistake until he clarified, lol. I found it rather witty. Hey, we don't need another playmaker so why not?

Zeeker

Feb 15, 2016
A perfect example of my point
If you can't take it, don't dish it out
Lol, you attack anyone who expresses a pessimistic opinion about the team as if it’s a personal affront to your character, so might want to take your own advice.

But more on point, you’re bumping people’s posts like Holmstrom turned into the second coming of McDavid (or Pastrnak :sarcasm:). The dude is on pace for <30 points and has three assists in 72 career games.

And if it needs to be said, I think he’s been solid this year.

Reactions: Glorydays22

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021

Wait even more than Brandon Pirri? The actual hell.

Seriously thats pretty cool for a guy who should have way more assists. I really dont believe he should have zero, but that's how it is.

Reactions: BarzyClub

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Lol, you attack anyone who expresses a pessimistic opinion about the team as if it’s a personal affront to your character, so might want to take your own advice.

But more on point, you’re bumping people’s posts like Holmstrom turned into the second coming of McDavid (or Pastrnak :sarcasm:). The dude is on pace for <30 points and has three assists in 72 career games.

And if it needs to be said, I think he’s been solid this year.
You don't like it? BLOCK ME. You are one of the worst snot asses here.

• Haha
Reactions: Zeeker

BarzyClub

Jan 17, 2018
One of the guys on the ESPN telecast, maybe it was Ferraro, called him a CY Young candidate and i thought he made a dumb mistake until he clarified, lol. I found it rather witty. Hey, we don't need another playmaker so why not?

Wait even more than Brandon Pirri? The actual hell.

Seriously thats pretty cool for a guy who should have way more assists. I really dont believe he should have zero, but that's how it is.
I guess he didn’t want to be compared to Bailey anymore so he flipped the script and started finishing. Genius !

Reactions: attilatheislander

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
Just Holmstrom, since I was likely his biggest supporter here for the past 3 years.

And frankly, the snotty responses here have gone off the deep end at me at times . . . sometimes you need to let off steam.
Well, I'm glad I was wrong about Holmstrom. I hope he keeps developing.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
Holmstrom is basically what Bailey could've been. Just relentless on forecheck.

When I posted what I did about Holmstrom months ago, it didn't really have anything to do with his ability. It had more to do with how I thought fans would perceive him. Unless he really exceeds, I'll continue stand by my assessment. But I really like the player.

Reactions: Osakahaus

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
I think the goalscoring w/o assists is a combination of a small sample size fluke, and playing with JPG (whose shot has not recovered from his wrist injury).

His PK ability has really shed light on the deterioration of the rest of NYI's bottom-6. Clutterbuck should not be on the PK anymore (I've been like a broken record on this, I know). I can't tell if Cizikas is getting dragged down by playing with Clutter.

Reactions: Osakahaus

The Real JT

Louie louie, oh no, me gotta go
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
Clutterbuck should not be on the PK anymore (I've been like a broken record on this, I know). I can't tell if Cizikas is getting dragged down by playing with Clutter.
Re: Cizikas

If the Isles are in the mix for a playoff spot then we need to stay the course with him. Alternatively, if it looks like we won’t be contending, then this is exactly the type of contract that has some current value and should be shopped around. Although it’s not a big AAV, a few million here and a few million there and it all adds up. He still has four years on his deal including the current season. We may not want to be on the hook for that contract as it ages.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I think the goalscoring w/o assists is a combination of a small sample size fluke, and playing with JPG (whose shot has not recovered from his wrist injury).

His PK ability has really shed light on the deterioration of the rest of NYI's bottom-6. Clutterbuck should not be on the PK anymore (I've been like a broken record on this, I know). I can't tell if Cizikas is getting dragged down by playing with Clutter.
Given that Cizikas still has wheels and that when on the PK with Holmstrom we've seen Cizikas get sprung for some scoring chances, I'd agree with you that he's getting dragged down by Clutterbuck on the PK.

At even strength I'd like to see the 4th line reimagined (my broken record rant) without 15 and 17, but we'll have to wait another year for that...unless Lou resigns them both with his newfound cap money next year.

Reactions: saintunspecified

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Given that Cizikas still has wheels and that when on the PK with Holmstrom we've seen Cizikas get sprung for some scoring chances, I'd agree with you that he's getting dragged down by Clutterbuck on the PK.

At even strength I'd like to see the 4th line reimagined (my broken record rant) without 15 and 17, but we'll have to wait another year for that...unless Lou resigns them both with his newfound cap money next year.
I dont see Clutter or Martin sticking if they found decent guys in Gauthier and Fasching. Isles do know when to cut bait, and IMHO they've done it right for the most part.

I will even include Eberle in this because the guy is back to being inconsistent.

Nassau Revisited

Jun 16, 2017
I dont see Clutter or Martin sticking if they found decent guys in Gauthier and Fasching. Isles do know when to cut bait, and IMHO they've done it right for the most part.

I will even include Eberle in this because the guy is back to being inconsistent.
Lou knows when to cut bait?? The entire team is signed up 5-8 years.

Also why is Holmstrom benched in OT???

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad