Player Discussion: Simon Holmstrom

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
I've been impressed with him. He looked particularly good against the Panthers. What stands out to me is his stick work, the puck seems to follow him. He had a breakaway from his savvy stickwork. He also has a deceptively good shot. I see him as a 3rd liner with some offense.

Bennet stuck his leg out when Holmstrom was in a vulnerable position. I really hope he's not out long term (b/c they need bodies), or has limited mobility career wise. You can't write this stuff, just when it looked like he was cementing himself as an NHL regular.

Taswell

Oct 4, 2017
When I had a suspected torn acl, meniscus, and dislocated patella, the doctor's made me wait a few days for the swelling to go down before they would do an MRI, as it wouldn't give them as clear a picture. I'd imagine it could be the same for whatever Simon is going through.

Lek

Nov 25, 2006
Raleigh
Thought I heard Raty, in his post game, say he was limping a bit but walking on his own....maybe I misunderstood?

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Thought I heard Raty, in his post game, say he was limping a bit but walking on his own....maybe I misunderstood?

I didn't see the post game interview but I saw a picture of him on social media and he's fine.

1672034887220.png

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
aww , no ''from left to right'' explanation of who's in the picture .

I'm not an expert but I've had a torn meniscus that didnt require surgery and the swelling is bad for awhile

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
aww , no ''from left to right'' explanation of who's in the picture .

I'm not an expert but I've had a torn meniscus that didnt require surgery and the swelling is bad for awhile
He's the one all the way to the right.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
He looks like he could have some sort of brace on but that fact that he’s not using crutches and is out on the beach wearing both shoes is a good sign.

Whoever mentioned that it’s common to wait a few days for swelling to go down before an MRI is correct. I’m sure we’ll get an update in a few days.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
He looks like he could have some sort of brace on but that fact that he’s not using crutches and is out on the beach wearing both shoes is a good sign.

Whoever mentioned that it’s common to wait a few days for swelling to go down before an MRI is correct. I’m sure we’ll get an update in a few days.
What are those idiots doing on the beach when it’s 20 degrees F?

Reactions: BelovedIsles

BarzyClub

Jan 17, 2018
I don’t recognize the guy second from left but he looks like he could be a player.

Sign him up Lou!
Looks like Grant Hutton who’s been out for awhile , hopefully he’s back soon.The guy with the baby is Aho. Don’t know who the guy on the far left is.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Looks like Grant Hutton who’s been out for awhile , hopefully he’s back soon.The guy with the baby is Aho. Don’t know who the guy on the far left is.
He can't be anyone in this organization. He has a beard.

• Haha
Reactions: BarzyClub

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
I doubt that picture is recent since it’s got to be a sunrise, not sunset

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad