Eklund Rumor: Simmonds to Tampa for Katchouk+pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordZapp

Jan 31, 2015
Texas
I don't understand why some posters here are un sure as to why TB would do this. The Lightening were bounced around in the playoffs last year especially by Wash. Simmonds adds exactly what they don't have and that is size and grit upfront. Anyone who doesn't get why this would be a great pick up by TB doesn't understand the game.

Bounced around as in dispatching the islanders and the bruins in 5 games and taking the SC winner to 7 games? Right.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I don't understand why some posters here are un sure as to why TB would do this. The Lightening were bounced around in the playoffs last year especially by Wash. Simmonds adds exactly what they don't have and that is size and grit upfront. Anyone who doesn't get why this would be a great pick up by TB doesn't understand the game.

Callahan was a big part to them getting that series to 7 games. They are resting Callahan because a healthy, rested, motivated callahan is 10x more what Simmonds could ever bring.

They don’t need Simmonds!

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Was just about to post this. Tampa got run out of the rink by a bigger Caps team, as the Golden Knights bounced through the West with a huge team. Everyone claims hockey has changed in favour of small fast skilled players, but at the end of the playoffs the big strong teams are still standing. Tampa, Toronto, Nashville and Winnipeg should all be considering a guy like Simmonds.

Reactions: dag54 and MikeK

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Was just about to post this. Tampa got run out of the rink by a bigger Caps team, as the Golden Knights bounced through the West with a huge team. Everyone claims hockey has changed in favour of small fast skilled players, but at the end of the playoffs the big strong teams are still standing. Tampa, Toronto, Nashville and Winnipeg should all be considering a guy like Simmonds.

Yep. People also forget that the game is called differently by the refs during the playoffs as well. How a team looks during the season doesn't always translate into the playoffs. It is a grittier game and teams like TB who dominate during the season get smacked in the playoffs. We see it every year.

Again, I'm surprised some posters are so surprised or just don't understand why this would be a great pick up for TB if true.

Reactions: dag54 and Larry44

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Yep. People also forget that the game is called differently by the refs during the playoffs as well. How a team looks during the season doesn't always translate into the playoffs. It is a grittier game and teams like TB who dominate during the season get smacked in the playoffs. We see it every year.

Again, I'm surprised some posters are so surprised or just don't understand why this would be a great pick up for TB if true.

And one guy who's going to play 10-12 minutes per night is going to solve that? Why not just go get a lower priced tough guy? Or, better yet, why not bring two of them up from the AHL, one of whom is the guy most likely to be bumped from the line-up if we add Simmonds. How much tougher Simmonds makes us is only the difference between himself and Erne, and Erne plays a tough game.

If Simmonds could play a prominent role for us, I'd be all for it. But adding a guy likely to play 4th line minutes for his toughness... I'm just not seeing the point.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Katchouk does nothing for the Flyers. If you include Lindblom they have a few wing prospects as good or better than him. Raddysh and a 2nd is probably fair.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
No way TB trades Katchouk for Simmonds. There is nowhere to put him in the lineup for that amount of payment.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

Big strong teams like Pittsburgh with its HBK line and the 2015 Blackhawks?

TB plays a more physical game than anyone realizes, and have added size and grit this year the same way we add everything: through drafting and developing.

We're not a Wayne Simmonds away from a cup. If we lose, it's probably going to be because we got outcoached. Trotz shut down our offense the same way about two weeks ago too.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

Which is why Philly is doing so well with such a great player who can't even crack that teams top-6.

Brush up on your hockey pal, clearly you need a refresher.

Reactions: ThunderAlleyNomad

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

This guy probably thinks teams should be lining up for Lucic and doesn't understand why the LA Kings are at the bottom of the standings.

I don't blame you, you probably don't understand the game very well.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

Did those Chicago and Pittsburgh Cup wins get erased from history or something all because Washington finally won a Cup? Neither of those teams were "big, tough and gritty". Yet they've won a combined 6 Cups in the past decade.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
This guy probably thinks teams should be lining up for Lucic and doesn't understand why the LA Kings are at the bottom of the standings.

I don't blame you, you probably don't understand the game very well.

hey screw you bud weve got the league right where we want em

honest question, what was the last rumor eklund got right?

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
Sure Caps is a big and heavy team. Ok, lets check how much times a big heavy team won SC since the lockout. Boston, LA - twice, Caps, Anaheim. That's 5 out of 13. Does not look like a rule to me. More like the exclusion of the rule. So I doubt that Simmonds is gonna be that much of a help.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad