Eklund Rumor: Simmonds to Tampa for Katchouk+pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slyfox

Dec 12, 2016
Toronto
The Bruins aren’t that kind of team anymore so I have no idea what they have to do with this?
Because most consider the Bruins to play a heavier style than the Lightning. Also, if the Caps do play such a heavy style why have they struggled forever against the Pens until last year?

Cmac66

Apr 18, 2017
While I agree to a extent that last season we did struggle at times when we played against the caps, this season we have added cernak who is playing top 4 minutes and Erne who is playing a lot more has given us a more physical presence. Not against adding simmonds to give us even more, just not sure if it is the right thing to do with how well the team is playing together.

Reactions: BeingTheThunder

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
The Bolts are already deep and all positions. Simmonds will go somewhere but probably to a team that is entering the playoffs with holes. We played Flyers this week and Simmonds is not the same player he was say 2-3 years ago so I sure hope this wrong. I could see the Bolts adding a young grinder for 4th line but they probably already have one at Syracuse that they will add.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Because most consider the Bruins to play a heavier style than the Lightning. Also, if the Caps do play such a heavy style why have they struggled forever against the Pens until last year?

The Bruins haven’t really played that way in years. Also why can’t you struggle against the Capitals because of their physicality but also the Penguins...who just won back to back cups?

Slyfox

Dec 12, 2016
Toronto
The Bruins haven’t really played that way in years. Also why can’t you struggle against the Capitals because of their physicality but also the Penguins...who just won back to back cups?
Because if the Pens can win without playing a physical style so can the Lightning or any other talented team that doesn't play physically.

Incetardis

Sep 17, 2013
Nah this is stupid. Can't see Tampa doing anything other than adding a depth piece. Simmonds is too costly and where would he play?

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Whole bunch of hot takes in this thread.

As someone who believes Simmonds would be a big add for TB, TB did not lose to Washington because they were "physically dominated".

They lost because they were completely outclassed behind the bench. That is the #1 reason on a long list for me. They lost because they were unwilling to match the hustle and effort level from Washington. They lost because they didn't get scoring from their depth and Washington did.

I'm not going to sit here and say that the physical play didn't somewhat impact the game, but it was not why Tampa lost that series. It was probably towards the bottom of a long list.

Reactions: PJ817

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
We were outskated, outhustled, outcoached... Outplayed, they simply wanted it more, much more. Don't even know how it got to 7

Pretty much this. Caps dominated in every category it seemed like. I remember feeling like they just wanted it more. We looked like we were shocked that they were playing this way against us. We had been doing it to every team before them. This years team does feel different than last years team. In a good way as I think that was an eye opener to them but we will see if they have it in them.

I dont think TB makes a move. They have an excellent team. They all deserve to play in the playoffs. Getting somebody like Simmonds or somebody to play on 3-4th line means somebody has to sit. Nobody really deserves it and all are playing really well.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I think it looks like that when you see if from the TB point of view. When you see it from the Capitals point of view. Having watched every game of every series, you see something different. You see a distinct pattern. Each series started off as a battle and ended with the Capitals coming from behind to control the final games of each series.

Its undeniable that they physically wore down their opponents. Like a football team with a heavy running game. The strategy doesn't play out til the end.

If you want to think that the Capitals just wanted it more, realize that getting beat up will deter your desire. Getting beat up with take the jump from your movement and make it look like you aren't hustling.

Maybe the Caps coaching was better. Maybe they wanted it more, but I would suggest that their physical destruction was a primary in them wanting it more and sticking with that game when behind in every series was a major factor in the coaching value.

But that's just my view

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I think it looks like that when you see if from the TB point of view. When you see it from the Capitals point of view. Having watched every game of every series, you see something different. You see a distinct pattern. Each series started off as a battle and ended with the Capitals coming from behind to control the final games of each series.

Its undeniable that they physically wore down their opponents. Like a football team with a heavy running game. The strategy doesn't play out til the end.

If you want to think that the Capitals just wanted it more, realize that getting beat up will deter your desire. Getting beat up with take the jump from your movement and make it look like you aren't hustling.

Maybe the Caps coaching was better. Maybe they wanted it more, but I would suggest that their physical destruction was a primary in them wanting it more and sticking with that game when behind in every series was a major factor in the coaching value.

But that's just my view

I think it was a combination. They definitely wore us down physically. I also think we got out coached too. We were one of the highest scoring teams in the league and we couldnt score in a game 6 or 7? Washington wasnt a powerhouse defensively, they just played us the right way. Using their size was part of it but they also had the horses to keep up with our team. It was a terrible match up for our team.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I think it was a combination. They definitely wore us down physically. I also think we got out coached too. We were one of the highest scoring teams in the league and we couldnt score in a game 6 or 7? Washington wasnt a powerhouse defensively, they just played us the right way. Using their size was part of it but they also had the horses to keep up with our team. It was a terrible match up for our team.

I think that you think your team lost rather than the other team winning. I think you give the Caps very little credit for their defensive play. The Washington goals against average for the playoffs was better than Tampa Bay's.

Not sure what your definition of powerhouse is but consider maybe that the life in the Lightning had been pounded out of them by game 6.

Again, you sound like you think your guys lost rather than your guys got beat

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I think that you think your team lost rather than the other team winning. I think you give the Caps very little credit for their defensive play. The Washington goals against average for the playoffs was better than Tampa Bay's.

Not sure what your definition of powerhouse is but consider maybe that the life in the Lightning had been pounded out of them by game 6.

Again, you sound like you think your guys lost rather than your guys got beat

I dont know how you came to that conclusion but carry on.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
You can make a case that there is one reason why TB would want Simmonds. Tom Wilson. Makes some sense.

Simmonds isn't in the same weight class as Wilson. Would rather have Ferland than Simmonds, if anything.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
you are not getting our russians i wont repeat so ACHOO gudzuntight ataciay god bless you lol going by sound haha you are not getting our russians

next raddysh honestly reminds me of richards and see as being in league almost to all star level with tons of points not giving him up

simmonds I dont want and its simple math he has career avg of 1.32 PIM per 60.... and this year 1.38 he has had one fight but hes constantly going to box. To put in perspective we go nuts at killer whose highest year total was 60 PIM lmfao....

next fights 2 in playoffs in life and 2 fights last year one fight this year... what is he going to bring to this bolts team...

finally as far as washington goes please pull out the charts graphs and stats.... We didn't slow down we played game 6 and 7 EXACT same numbers as every game but game one getting the same shot selection actually we had a few more each game in prime places more in those two games then in 2 of our 3 wins that series..

Its OK to tip hat to kuzetnof and ovie and especially holtby and just say good job to them. To me the series boiled down to a vezina goalie slamming the door on us... Hopefully vasy is that guy this year so far hes passed all the tests and seems to have matured to do it when matters IE his record and shutouts after a loss etc...

I personally want to keep this team intact for selfish reasons would like guys like callahan to get that cup and win finally theyve earned it...

now kevin hayes? for size and keep around next year? id be interested in that type or kreider

otherwise give me a home run or nothing meaning stone duchene panarin etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad