Eklund Rumor: Simmonds to Tampa for Katchouk+pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Point to me where you think I said we should have won??

To be fair after checking, it was this quote I was working from. "We were outskated, outhustled, outcoached... Outplayed, they simply wanted it more, much more. Don't even know how it got to 7"

Maybe you don't agree with that

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
To be fair after checking, it was this quote I was working from. "We were outskated, outhustled, outcoached... Outplayed, they simply wanted it more, much more. Don't even know how it got to 7"

Maybe you don't agree with that

Maybe Im wrong but how does that guy sound like he said that they should have won?

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Maybe Im wrong but how does that guy sound like he said that they should have won?

I am sure you've seen it with regularity. If your team loses its because they didn't show up. Outskated, outhustled and outplayed sounds remarkably like they didn't try hard enough. They didn't show up.

If I am wrong, so be it. It wont be the first time and certainly not the last time.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I am sure you've seen it with regularity. If your team loses its because they didn't show up. Outskated, outhustled and outplayed sounds remarkably like they didn't try hard enough. They didn't show up.

If I am wrong, so be it. It wont be the first time and certainly not the last time.

I dont know, if a team is outskated and outhustled they probably shouldnt have won. I dont know many people who would disagree with that.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
I don't think fighting has anything to do with this.
Meanwhile, you do know that these two are friends and off season training partners. Right?

See above.

Don't see how these guys training together is relevant.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I dont know, if a team is outskated and outhustled they probably shouldnt have won. I dont know many people who would disagree with that.

Because you are not seeing what I am saying. Like maybe you are not seeing the difference between your team losing and the other team winning.

Outskated and outhustled are things that a team with a little effort shouldn't allow to happen. Its giving it away rather than having it taken.

If you think the Capitals were the better team, then fine. Moving along

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Because you are not seeing what I am saying. Like maybe you are not seeing the difference between your team losing and the other team winning.

Outskated and outhustled are things that a team with a little effort shouldn't allow to happen. Its giving it away rather than having it taken.

Lmao Jesus dude. He's clearly said multiple times that Washington was the better team holy ****.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
As bogus as Eklund is, this proposal has been thrown around on the Flyers board and is something I would be happy with. Frost and Katchouk had great chemistry in SSM and reuniting them on the Flyers 3rd line next season could be fun.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009

I know what you want me to do. Kiss the Caps ass and say the Lightning deserved to be swept. I already clearly said they were better. In fact I said they beat us in every department. That other poster said I dont know how it even got to 7 games. That still wasnt enough for you. Damn your team won the cup. Cant you be happy??

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
I mean, fighting doesn't win Stanley Cups. Part of the reason we lost to the Capitals is because we were getting hounded and losing puck battles. At this point in their careers, would rather have Ferland doing that than Simmonds.

But you're the one who brought it up. You said Simmonds isn't in the same weight class -- proof was just given that he absolutely IS in the same weight class as Wilson.

If that's what you prefer, fine -- Simmonds just can't be knocked for this specific thing. He may have had an atrocious year, but he can still go with the best of them despite his thin appearance.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
But you're the one who brought it up. You said Simmonds isn't in the same weight class -- proof was just given that he absolutely IS in the same weight class as Wilson.

If that's what you prefer, fine -- Simmonds just can't be knocked for this specific thing. He may have had an atrocious year, but he can still go with the best of them despite his thin appearance.

I brought up weight class because I don't think he's a solution to the problems guys like Wilson, Oshie, Smith-Pelly, and Connolly gave us. I'm not concerned with how good of a fighter he is.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I know what you want me to do. Kiss the Caps ass and say the Lightning deserved to be swept. I already clearly said they were better. In fact I said they beat us in every department. That other poster said I dont know how it even got to 7 games. That still wasnt enough for you. Damn your team won the cup. Cant you be happy??

moving along

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
F washington lets play again see how it goes IM 100% looking forward to it no matter what they do ..... they had a hunger.... ovie was not going to be denied but holtby won that series they didnt outclass us WE WON 3 str8... games six and seven 3-0 4-0 were not mismatches on paper stats graphs nothing game one was a mismatch they dominated us ..... bottom line give credit where credit is due...> Crawford and black hawks plays like azz all the time but when they beat us for the cup? He was the difference played better then I thought he was capable of ..... frigging guy had been benched within that same month SMDH.... Winning a cup is friggin hard what is washington now 1 and 12? You if that is who you are in this post all over washington whatever. THEY DIDNT DOMINATE US.... stats charts graphs all bear out.... we had the same stuff every game but game one.... we are still a youngish team still growing etc.... honestly that team for washington last year was not as good as the previous 2 or 3 years of the same team..>> BUT Holtby was there when in counted back against the wall... He WAS THE WALL... Hats off a nod. Hope we see you this year... It will be a different story cause vasy is now having that growth to be a true vezina slam the door in face of opponents goalie.... he has like 10 wins after a loss with like 5 shut outs.... he knows how to close now... he was 23 last year. And get that pittsburgh goalie won a cup younger yep and they knocked us out also... Is what it is... Is simply hard to win the cup.... I like our chances this team is deeper and different this year...

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Sure Caps is a big and heavy team. Ok, lets check how much times a big heavy team won SC since the lockout. Boston, LA - twice, Caps, Anaheim. That's 5 out of 13. Does not look like a rule to me. More like the exclusion of the rule. So I doubt that Simmonds is gonna be that much of a help.

How many times has a heavy team won this decade? Boston, LA twice, Washington, so 4/8. Simmonds may be of some help!

BeingTheThunder

Jul 9, 2018
www.beingthethunder.com
I feel many are underestimating the impact McDonagh and Miller, last year's TDL adds, will have on the playoffs this year. Time to adjust to a new team and develop chemistry matters and they weren't as effective as I suspect they will be this year. Also, we've added a little toughness with Cernak and Erne. Hell, even Mathieu Joseph and Anthony Cirelli have a little edge to them.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I'm pretty sure Ovechkin had the most hits of any Washington player in that series. Simmonds isn't going to nuetralize him if we get him. Ovechkin just wanted it more than anybody those playoffs and his team fed off that, we need Stamkos or Kucherov to go beast mode like he did and we'll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad