Sidney Crosby...

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Which one would be more amazing stats for Sid if he could keep scoring and stays healthy?

60 + 85 = 145

or

45 + 100 = 145

I'd personally want to see 100 assists, than scoring 60.
100 assists is much more special. It's only been done by Gretzky, Lemieux, and Orr.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I think Sid will put up around an assist/game and somewhere in the 50-60 goal range.

Really would like to see Beau find his way on that line. Giving Sid more looks at the net sounds nice.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
96 and 92 year after that. I remember these kind of things.

I wonder if Crosby would ever reach this level? all we need is a healthy Crosby firing at full capacity and hopefully he can. 100 assists, 60 goals. Maybe make it a goal of his? he's good at personal goals. 100 assists and 60 goals in 1 season i dunno if he can reach though, atleast not with Dupuis/Kunitz. The guy needs the right wingers.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I wonder if Crosby would ever reach this level? all we need is a healthy Crosby firing at full capacity and hopefully he can. 100 assists, 60 goals. Maybe make it a goal of his? he's good at personal goals. 100 assists and 60 goals in 1 season i dunno if he can reach though, atleast not with Dupuis/Kunitz. The guy needs the right wingers.

There is almost no chance he does both in the same season. It would be absolutely incredible. Mario-esque domination.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
net is empty, 1 minute left in game 82. Disco sends Glass - Vitale - Adams onto the ice. :nod:

or Adams - Crosby - Dupuis

Dupuis sees an open Crosby, fires a 100ft slapper instead, misses the net, Crosby is about to score, Adams beats him to the puck and taps it in.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh

Dupuis sees an open Crosby, fires a 100ft slapper instead, misses the net, Crosby is about to score, Adams beats him to the puck and taps it in.

I'm picturing one of them refusing to score, making Sid get goal 67 instead of letting him get assist 100.

Or Sid feeds Dupuis skating with Adams for a 2-0 breakaway at the empty net to get assist 100. Dupuis tries to get Adams a point, flubs the pass to him, Adams can't take it, and the defense catches up and breaks up the play.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I'm picturing one of them refusing to score, making Sid get goal 67 instead of letting him get assist 100.

Or Sid feeds Dupuis skating with Adams for a 2-0 breakaway at the empty net to get assist 100. Dupuis tries to get Adams a point, flubs the pass to him, Adams can't take it, and the defense catches up and breaks up the play.

Or Crosby is skating in to tap it into an open net, but Malkin decides to take a tripping penalty 200feet away from the play.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Sid passes it to Adams, Adams panics and passes it to Dupuis who panics and launches the puck out of play. Bylsma puts Glass in instead of Crosby for the final shift once play resumes.

radapex

Sep 21, 2012
Canada, Eh

I was going to go with Crosby gets an open look, rings it off the post... picks the puck back up, off the post again!

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
speaking of exclusive company, it still burns me to this day that lemieux finished 88-89 with 199 points. just one ****ing 2nd assist... an EN goal....something! that 1 point coulda been a bit of a game changer in the 66 vs 99 debates.
We need to go through old game tapes and find a lost assist. Maybe they can still do a stat correction. :nod:

412 Others

5Cups beats 2Cups
Mar 24, 2009
Black + Gold = Pittsburgh

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I was going to go with Crosby gets an open look, rings it off the post... picks the puck back up, off the post again!

Crosby fires it high and wide, rings around the boards, Fleury misplays it, Crosby scored own goal.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
For those that have watched all the Penguins games this year, how does his play so far compare to his play in 10-11? The kid has 17 points already, after only 8 games.

Goal-scoring wise, he's almost back at that 10-11 level. Seems like he converts almost every scoring chance he gets, which is what it was like that year. What's scary is his assist total should skyrocket if/when Kunitz gets his head out of his ass. Right now 14's stick may as well be made of rubber with all the passes he can't catch.

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
Fleury makes a save, then finally shoots the puck into the empty net for his first career goal then jumps around like he just won another cup with that huge grin on his face. Crosby is too nice of a guy to publicly complain, but he and some other players beat Fleury with bars of soap inside their socks just like in Full Metal Jacket. Brooks Orpik misses Fleury with the soap and hits Crosby in the head, giving him a concussion. He then blames everyone else but himself for Crosby being injured. Fleury cries like a little girl and is finally completely broken mentally, shoots Dan Bylsma. The Penguins sign Henrik Lundqvist, hire Kevin Constantine as head coach. Crosby never plays or eats solid food again, Malkin never scores more than 55 points in a season after that. The Penguins win 4 cups in 6 years as a smothering defensive team.

dr robbie

Let's Go Pens!
Feb 21, 2012
Pittsburgh
I know it's a stretch, but I'm always pulling for 50 in 50 from Sid. He's only 1 behind the pace right now.

Aside from that, definitely want to see his killer streak continue.

member 51464

I'd love to see Crosby lead in primary AND secondary assists. **** the haters.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad