Sidney Crosby...

LetangInTheSO

Oct 17, 2008
Guy is playing unreal, and choosing between his current play and his play in 10-11 is choosing between two extremely good stretches of play. With that said, he seemed even more dangerous in 10-11, IMHO. He was a threat to score from anywhere on the ice at virtually any time. I've never seen his shot so automatic before or after.

eXile59

Shirts on.
Jan 2, 2009
PA
Yeah its weird to say but I really can't say he's taken over any games yet this year.

He's been good but Sid still has more to come. He's going to need it once we start playing better defensive teams.

FDBluth

Jul 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Right before his concussion, Sid was on a streak where I believe he had 27 goals and 24 assists in 25 games. He's pretty close right now. His all-around play has been incredible. Efficient goalscoring, setting up teammates for open looks pretty much every time he's in the zone, great backchecking, etc. It's a treat to watch.

Sideline

May 23, 2004
Honestly, he's not getting half the chances he does when he and his line mates are clicking. He's playing average Crosby hockey.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
He's not played his best yet. He hasn't dominated a game. His linemates haven't given him much help.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
He's a slow starter and his linemates haven't played close to their best yet. He's been incredible, but I think the best is yet to come this year. Letang is usually his biggest support offensively, so once he comes back, I'd imagine he'll look even better.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Hes played like Sidney Crosby, the question with Crosby is if he can stay healthy, he hasn't been able to do that for a long time hopefully he plays 82 games this year.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Wait untill he starts dominating, the guy's been a slow starter his entire NHL career although this is not a slow start obviously. IMO he'll get better December/Jan. By then Dupuis/Kunitz will be playing better and Crosby will be even better.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
He's lost a tiiiny bit of speed and agility from was when he was 23, but his hockey iq seems to be getting better and better. He doesn't visibly physically dominate entire teams nowadays but i think part of that is the rest of the league has gotten better. The way Sid used to dance around the offensive zone almost at will can't really be done anymore. He's using his hockey smarts more and more and relying on his physical skills less. Regardless, it's clear that he's far and away ahead of everyone else in the nhl.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I know he's got 7 goals in 8 games so far, but IMO, he looked more dangerous as a goal scoring threat in 2010-11. It's hard to describe.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I know he's got 7 goals in 8 games so far, but IMO, he looked more dangerous as a goal scoring threat in 2010-11. It's hard to describe.

That's because he had a main goal that season to shoot more. Everytime he says he will improve at something, he literally blows it away. He needs to start giving himself more goals for the season. If he said he wants 60 goals, he will get 60 goals. Come on Crosby, tell the world you want 60 and go get 60!

sanitysrequiem

Nov 14, 2009
There was a time in 2010/11 when every time the guy had the puck on his stick, you expected a scoring chance to materialise. Every shift he controlled the pace of the game in the offensive zone. Every trip to the offensive zone he dominated defensemen and was just explosive in the corners and protecting the puck.

He's not there yet this year. He's good but he's not controlling the game as much, he's letting it come to him more.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
He and Malkin are carrying the team offensively. Sid is still wasting too many great plays by mistakenly thinking those around him can finish them.

He's playing a dominant 200-foot game, but is feel he needs to go into selfish, killer instinct Sid. We've seen that Sid ONCE. The first half of 2010. If he ever matches that mindset with this play and an 82-game season?

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
He's playing almost as well. Points-per-game wise, it's been about even, but he's yet to be consistently tested by strong opponents so it's hard to say he's been just as good as he was during that streak in 2010. In any case, he's been playing at a level excellent enough to carry the team, which is pretty much all you can ask from a star player to begin with.

McDreamy

Losing credibility
Feb 25, 2009
You guys don't understand how lucky you are to get to watch a guy like Sid night in-night out.

Hall + RNH + Schultz for Crosby? Please?

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
You guys don't understand how lucky you are to get to watch a guy like Sid night in-night out.

Hall + RNH + Schultz for Crosby? Please?

Honestly, with as much time as he's missed lately, I think we all realize how amazing he is. Few take him for granted. Maybe just the people filling out the lineup card every might.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad