Sidney Crosby...

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Crosby can control a pass with one hand better than some players can with two hands. You can whip the puck to Crosby and he will kill the puck with one hand on his stick.

he can control it better with NO hands better than some with two.

I'm not being sarcastic. He receives passes with his skates better than anyone I've ever seen.

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
he can control it better with NO hands better than some with two.

I'm not being sarcastic. He receives passes with his skates better than anyone I've ever seen.

Crosby plays a unique style. His skating, handling, all is just at a high level. Best hand eye in league history imo. Also skate to stick as well.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
You guys don't understand how lucky you are to get to watch a guy like Sid night in-night out.

Hall + RNH + Schultz for Crosby? Please?

That is extremely insulting to the Penguins base. How dare you make a statement like that given Sid's history. Get out of here with that ****. just GTFO.

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
If Crosby continues the 2 PPG pace through the rest of the season, he'll pass Mike Bossy and move into 3rd all-time in career points/game. I definitely think Crosby is capable of a 150 point season. Possibly several. That would be a truly amazing accomplishment in the era where the avg number of goals scored per game is under 5.5. For reference, the avg was 7.94 in the 85-86 season. 2 PPG in this era is essentially 3 PPG in that era.

eXile59

Shirts on.
Jan 2, 2009
PA
It's going to be interesting how long he can keep up this pace. Kunitz & Dupuis have been just collecting points & if that continues it will take a toll.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
If he could get the slightest help from Kunitz and Dupuis we're going to see HUGE numbers.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
i remember how terrible kunitz was early last season. next thing you know caught fire and was gunning for an art ross :laugh:

and right now he has 10 points in 8 games. Tied with guys like Stamkos, MSL and Tavares :laugh:

Yeah, I have full trust on Kunitz, he's a fit for Sid, but I have my doubts on Dupuis...

Dupuis should be on the third line. Dupuis and Kunitz are just a bad combination against good defenses.

FDBluth

Jul 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
One thing I've really noticed this year, compared to the last few years, is that Sid doesn't seem to tire at the end of shifts or games as easily. Remember the last few years where he would be huffing and puffing at the end of a shift or a long game? Doesn't seem like that's the case this year at all. He basically looks just as fresh for the last shift as he does for the first shift of the game. I know it's early in the season, but I think he must have really focused on his conditioning this offseason.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
One thing I've really noticed this year, compared to the last few years, is that Sid doesn't seem to tire at the end of shifts or games as easily. Remember the last few years where he would be huffing and puffing at the end of a shift or a long game? Doesn't seem like that's the case this year at all. He basically looks just as fresh for the last shift as he does for the first shift of the game. I know it's early in the season, but I think he must have really focused on his conditioning this offseason.

I think it's just hard to be well-conditioned when you're always injured with injuries that prevent on-ice work.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Shero really needs to trade for atleast 1 winger that can create offense on his own so when Crosby gets shut down, the other player can be relied to keep Crosby going. Give Kunitz to Malkin! Give BB to Crosby, plus trade for a nice winger! Give Dupuis to Sutter and Kobasew! Shero needs to start letting Crosby reach his full potential and as good as Kunitz/Dupuis are, they wont make him reach it. I dunno who Shero should target, but it should be someone who can play to his style.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Shero really needs to trade for atleast 1 winger that can create offense on his own so when Crosby gets shut down, the other player can be relied to keep Crosby going. Give Kunitz to Malkin! Give BB to Crosby, plus trade for a nice winger! Give Dupuis to Sutter and Kobasew! Shero needs to start letting Crosby reach his full potential and as good as Kunitz/Dupuis are, they wont make him reach it. I dunno who Shero should target, but it should be someone who can play to his style.

Jokinen - Crosby - Bennett
Kunitz - Malkin - Neal
Kobasew - Sutter - Dupuis

Those lines all have wings that can work together to make offense without the center. Obviously not as well as they can with the center, but that is a good top 9 against every team in the league.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Kunitz - Malkin - Neal

Shut down those centers and those lines can all still score.

No way Crosby goes through the process of learning to play with TWO new line mates.

Deflectrick

Jul 11, 2007
Winnipeg
No way Crosby goes through the process of learning to play with TWO new line mates.

It's Sidney Crosby. He can play WITHOUT line mates. Putting 2 decent wingers like Jokinen and Bennett beside him would work just fine IMO. He will produce while he's learning to play with them. However, Dupuis is on my fantasy team so, he best be staying on Crosbys line all year.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
It's Sidney Crosby. He can play WITHOUT line mates. Putting 2 decent wingers like Jokinen and Bennett beside him would work just fine IMO. He will produce while he's learning to play with them. However, Dupuis is on my fantasy team so, he best be staying on Crosbys line all year.

that's not what I mean.

I believe Crosby could succeed with anyone.

The team will never give him ONE new line mate, forget the magical dream world where they tell him, mid-season, "YO DAWG, I HEARD YOU LIKED NEW LINE MATES, SO WE PUT NEW LINES MATES ON YOUR LINE SO YOU COULD LEARN TO PLAY WITH A NEW LINE MATE WHILE LEARNING TO PLAY WITH A NEW LINE MATE"

Muscles4Malkin

Better 2015-16?
Aug 3, 2007
Turku
Which one would be more amazing stats for Sid if he could keep scoring and stays healthy?

60 + 85 = 145

or

45 + 100 = 145

I'd personally want to see 100 assists, than scoring 60.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Kunitz - Malkin - Neal

Those lines all have wings that can work together to make offense without the center. Obviously not as well as they can with the center, but that is a good top 9 against every team in the league.

I would try it out for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad