Should the NHL allow fans for cup clinching games?

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
They should definitely have the families there, I have no idea if they're in the bubble or not but they could very easily have them isolate and then be there. Even just having their family in the crowd would make the cup win feel a lot more like a regular cup win. You could do a similar thing with some fans if there's a way to have them isolate prior.
No they shouldnt keep them at home, Daddy will be home soon to celebrate. Tough it out and wait.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Yes. All fans should be let in. Should have never ever been closed to begin with. Half of these clubs will go bankrupt. 20% of people will not go into a stadium for years. Fear is the most powerful emotion in a human. Half of NHL teams were in the RED for years without this scam.

Didnt take long for the tinfoil hats to show up.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Just watching the NFL with fans has shown its time to start moving away from closed door games and transitioning back to allowing fans in stadiums. I think it would be great to have a select group of fans invited from both teams to watch cup clinching games. It would also set the scene for having fans next season.

no it is not. Numbers are still going up. Mods can delete this following statement. But you can not believe the numbers from the US since the White House took over control of process and releasing the data.
There is a reason why Canada may not open their borders til Jan..

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
So it cost me $50 grand to attend tonight's game with the NHL Platinum package and I've passed every daily covid test during my 6 week stay in this Edmonton $500 a night hotel and I'm seated 6 feet away from a kid who paid $15 and he got a Happy meal?

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Because overwhelmingly Canadians want the border closed. They can celebrate with family at home after the tournament.
that's lame. If I was a player, I would much rather have my family there supporting each game in the finals. Especially for the last game where the players have the chance to lift the cup in front of their most supportive fans.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Incognito

Oct 18, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
that's lame. If I was a player, I would much rather have my family there supporting each game in the finals. Especially for the last game where the players have the chance to lift the cup in front of their most supportive fans.

I can definitely understand why the players would feel that way. At the same time though, I would hope and expect that the Canadian health officials don't care about what the players want, because ultimately, their only responsibility is to keep the public safe.

Reactions: mrhockey193195

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018

I. Don't. Care.

The American teams and non-Canadian players are guests in Canada where the Canadian government has graciously allowed the NHL to finish their season on our turf.

We Canadians overwhelmingly want our border to remain closed to Americans (and some European countries) and I don't care if millionaires and billionaires want their families there, too ****ing bad for them. If they can't handle waiting another week to see your wife and kids they shouldn't have entered the bubble and I'm not willing to risk the well being of other Canadians because these 1%ers miss their family.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Imagine if Toronto finally made it to the finals but their fans couldn't go? Sorry, that might be too hard to imagine.

Always gotta take a stab at the Leafs.

Yeah I wouldn't want to experience my favourite team winning the cup under these circumstances.

I think this COVID shit is actually about to get worse up here in the GTA than it ever was. Winter coming along with colds and flu's and no one knows if they've got COVID and kids are all in school exchanging it with each other and bringing it home to their family who then bring it to work etc etc.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Can't imagine why we wouldn't want to invite them in right now..
doesnt make sense.

I dont care about the "would be nice for the parents to see their kid lift the cup in person after all the years" or "so the kids can see their Dad raise the cup and celebrate with him in person"

Tough luck, not happening.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
I can definitely understand why the players would feel that way. At the same time though, I would hope and expect that the Canadian health officials don't care about what the players want, because ultimately, their only responsibility is to keep the public safe.
if the nba can do it in Florida the nhl can do it in Canada lol

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
I. Don't. Care.

The American teams and non-Canadian players are guests in Canada where the Canadian government has graciously allowed the NHL to finish their season on our turf.

We Canadians overwhelmingly want our border to remain closed to Americans (and some European countries) and I don't care if millionaires and billionaires want their families there, too ****ing bad for them. If they can't handle waiting another week to see your wife and kids they shouldn't have entered the bubble and I'm not willing to risk the well being of other Canadians because these 1%ers miss their family.
millionaires / billionaires are still getting to Canada and other countries lol. There are tons of precrautions and preventative measures to take. Testing, isolation, quartinine..but i respect it anyway. Doesn't matter to me. I wonder what they will do next season. I can't see multiple bubble cities and players doing that for a better part of a season

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
millionaires / billionaires are still getting to Canada and other countries lol. There are tons of precrautions and preventative measures to take. Testing, isolation, quartinine..but i respect it anyway. Doesn't matter to me. I wonder what they will do next season. I can't see multiple bubble cities and players doing that for a better part of a season

Why would they fly in non-Canadian family members if they had to then self-quarantine for 14 days? The finals will be over by then, just wait it out at home.

In regards to the precautions and preventative measures to take, those preventative measures include... not flying into new countries and staying home!

Reactions: leaffaninvancouver

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
No. The "bubble" is working, why muck it up? Fans don't get to see their team lift the Cup? Too damn bad. Lots of actual suffering going on, this is simply not important.

Reactions: leaffaninvancouver

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012

I'm going to be really blunt. I don't give two shiats what a bunch of privileged millionaires want. Public health is more important and we don't need to open ourselves to unnecessary risks. They can have their party when it's their turn with the cup, assuming that even happens this year.

Reactions: flyersNducks

space321

May 11, 2011
Unless you move the games back to Florida/Dallas, then you americans can go nuts all by yourselves.

But since it's in Edmonton, hell no.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
I saw a live KHL game on the TV a few days ago - the stands were packed with fans, there were even cheerleaders. It was startling, to put it mildly. And now that I checked, it seems this resulted in postponed games. What a shocking development this is not. For the NHL the risk is too great and the possible advantages of allowing fans too few, even if the health authorities lost their minds and allowed it.

Reactions: robertocarlos

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Why would they fly in non-Canadian family members if they had to then self-quarantine for 14 days? The finals will be over by then, just wait it out at home.

In regards to the precautions and preventative measures to take, those preventative measures include... not flying into new countries and staying home!

well obviously this would've been planned so they will be there during game 1 lol

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
I'm going to be really blunt. I don't give two shiats what a bunch of privileged millionaires want. Public health is more important and we don't need to open ourselves to unnecessary risks. They can have their party when it's their turn with the cup, assuming that even happens this year.
i hear you but I still think they can go about it so that the public is safe. I mean a lot of the times these are private flights that go straight to the car service to the hotel to quarantine for however many days. I don't really care but its definitely doable so that the people coming in aren't going out in public and go straight to the bubble. Either way, they are going to have to figure something out for the season anyway

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
They should allow me. One fan in attendance isn't going to spread any germs.

I don't see any downside to it. I'll bring my own beer, so you don't even need extra staff.

Reactions: robertocarlos

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad