Should the NHL allow fans for cup clinching games?

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Fans obviously isn't happening. But what about cup parades?

Will Dallas have a parade? TB?

Wonder how it'll be celebrated in the respective cities.

I'm not trying to start a war. But I think TB winning would be bigger in their city than it would be in Dallas if the Stars won.

Reactions: Bostonzamboni

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
As this and other threads demonstrate, plenty of people enjoy being locked down and insist others obey and enjoy too.
You're mistaking taking actions to try and end this pandemic (or at least limit the damage) with enjoying those actions.

I'll wear a small piece of cloth on my face and skip going to hockey games for a while if it will help keep my family and members of my community alive, and get us closer to to some sense of normal faster.

mdog

Mar 11, 2011
You're mistaking taking actions to try and end this pandemic (or at least limit the damage) with enjoying those actions.

I'll wear a small piece of cloth on my face and skip going to hockey games for a while if it will help keep my family and members of my community alive, and get us closer to to some sense of normal faster.
When you realize the damage is, to put it mildly, grossly exaggerated, especially relative to the paid price, you may see the light. Until then you can certainly bunker down as much as you want.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

Mar 4, 2004
When you realize the damage is, to put it mildly, grossly exaggerated, especially relative to the paid price, you may see the light. Until then you can certainly bunker down as much as you want.
yup. 200,000 deaths in 6 months in the United States.

No biggie.

Not being able to wrap your head around a pandemic doesn't mean it doesn't exist or is greatly exaggerated.

Plat87

Nov 22, 2018
Hell no, why risk it when it's so close to the end. You're pointing out the NFL as an example like it's a good thing lmfao.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
I'm curious to see what the NHL has planned for next season. There are quite a few teams who can't afford to operate with zero gate for a season ..

they're going to have to find some way to make things work or cancel next season completely.

this is where Bettman has to be better IMO.

It’s marketing and to grow this sport imo, the NHL needs to modify their message which goes against their humble culture.

Short of the long, the NHL has to modify their messaging from the humble guys we love to a more arrogant and attention grasping group. To grasp the attention from those looking elsewhere, the NHL may want to take a few pages from the NFL who stole some pages from Wrestling.

Let’s look closer. The only time the humble NHL provides borderline hype is at the NHL draft where the commentators love everybody.

Have to draw a bigger audience.

Balance

Jesus loves you!
May 20, 2013
But..but...muh freedomz!!!

But..I wanna be a sheep for a .04 percent chance of dying.

The media is always right AND YOUR A CONSPIRACIST IF YOU EVER QUESTION THEM!!1111 !(while they support rioting and looting in the midst of a "pandemic")

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Lazlo Hollyfeld

Mar 4, 2004
But..I wanna be a sheep for a .04 percent chance of dying.

The media is always right AND YOUR A CONSPIRACIST IF YOU EVER QUESTION THEM!!1111 !(while they support rioting and looting in the midst of a "pandemic")
We're still waiting on a source for that statistic you keep throwing around.

I know it's hard to get your head around the thought of 200,000 deaths, but think of it this way.

If you filled every seat in Rogers Place that's about 18,500 people. So picture a packed arena of happy hockey fans. Cheering, drinking overpriced beer, screaming for their team to shoot on the power play.

Now imagine them all dead. Then do that 10 more times.

That's still not quite at 200,000 deaths but it's getting close.

If it's simpler, imagine if everyone in Grand Rapids, Michigan died in 6 months. The whole city's population wiped out. Or if you're Canadian you can swap out Regina, Saskatchewan or Richmond, BC.

Balance

Jesus loves you!
May 20, 2013
200,000 deaths in 6 months and you're still spouting conspiracy bullshit

655,000 Americans die from heart disease yearly. Yet we don't mandate Americans to not buy the food items that contribute to this and we actually support legislation to legalize drugs that enhance the cause of these deaths.

Lets face the facts: First, that number (200k) is greatly exaggerated but beyond that it doesn't warrant the entire country shutting down putting countless people jobless and hurting numerous families just to "protect" from a "pandemic".

Its not a conspiracy when you actually work in healthcare and don't get your facts from CNN.

Shocker

Dec 20, 2019
655,000 Americans die from heart disease yearly. Yet we don't mandate Americans to not buy the food items that contribute to this and we actually support legislation to legalize drugs that enhance the cause of these deaths.

Lets face the facts: First, that number (200k) is greatly exaggerated but beyond that it doesn't warrant the entire country shutting down putting countless people jobless and hurting numerous families just to "protect" from a "pandemic".

Its not a conspiracy when you actually work in healthcare and don't get your facts from CNN.
Are heart diseases contagious?

Go f*** yourself.

Balance

Jesus loves you!
May 20, 2013
We're still waiting on a source for that statistic you keep throwing around.

I know it's hard to get your head around the thought of 200,000 deaths, but think of it this way.

If you filled every seat in Rogers Place that's about 18,500 people. So picture a packed arena of happy hockey fans. Cheering, drinking overpriced beer, screaming for their team to shoot on the power play.

Now imagine them all dead. Then do that 10 more times.

That's still not quite at 200,000 deaths but it's getting close.

If it's simpler, imagine if everyone in Grand Rapids, Michigan died in 6 months. The whole city's population wiped out. Or if you're Canadian you can swap out Regina, Saskatchewan or Richmond, BC.

Let me give you a fact:

If you condensed the United States Population to a standard size of a town to 5,000 people. There would be 3 deaths from this virus and 2 of them would be at the age range of 75 or older.

Does that warrant shutting down the entire town? No. But, when you get your news from CNN you would believe so. You would also advocate for riots and killings in that very town.

Balance

Jesus loves you!
May 20, 2013

Go f*** yourself.

Oh yes, its so contagious and so deadly that it equates to .04 percent of the population that tests positive for the disease to die.

Your anger comes from your ignorance about the issue. But its okay, you like propaganda.

Balance

Jesus loves you!
May 20, 2013
Also, of all Covid-19 deaths, only 3.5% of them come from those who are not classed as senior citizens.

Last time I attended an NHL game I didn't see many senior citizens there. Maybe they could avoid the games. But young, healthy, people should be allowed to watch a game live. Anyone propagating against this is ignorant and a fear mongerer.

WeaponOfChoice

Jan 25, 2020
Let me give you a fact:

If you condensed the United States Population to a standard size of a town to 5,000 people. There would be 3 deaths from this virus and 2 of them would be at the age range of 75 or older.

Does that warrant shutting down the entire town? No. But, when you get your news from CNN you would believe so. You would also advocate for riots and killings in that very town.
Yeah, the "left wing" media are trying to destroy the US with their lies. LOL

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
All the politics and debates about Covid aside, just imagine if the league secretly had these players in the cup final's wives, kids, parents, isolate for 2 weeks and come in (after testing negative for Covid) and when Betman's about to award the cup and they roll out the carpet, he could give his speech about all the sacrifices they've made and how long they've waited for the cup, and said you might've been waiting just as long for this; and their closest family members come out of the tunnel and they're reunited right there when they're about to lift the cup :puppy:

Reactions: Balance

Balance

Jesus loves you!
May 20, 2013
All the politics and debates about Covid aside, just imagine if the league secretly had these players in the cup final's wives, kids, parents, isolate for 2 weeks and come in (after testing negative for Covid) and when Betman's about to award the cup and they roll out the carpet, their closest family members come out of the tunnel and they're reunited right there when they're about to lift the cup :puppy:

Although I dislike the no fans thing it really is the most epic thing about this cup win. IMO, this will really feel the most accomplishing for either Dallas or Tampa. Imagine not seeing your family for over 2 months and just battling for a cup while living with your teammates. Definitely not only the best bonding experience but it creates the most passion for this cup. I really believe in every game the players are battling their hearts out through the fatigue (because honestly even without travel this schedule is too crazy and much on the body). This cup win, even if the players win other cups or have won before, will be the most memorable in their minds.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State

Go f*** yourself.
In a way, these things are certainly inheritable and the habits that lead to things like heart disease, obesity, addiction, are certainly passed down to peoples children. Yet the same media in health hysteria about Covid have no problem promoting fast food, alcohol, etc. In theory Covid would only be contagious to those people who are too dumb to lockdown right? Why don't we allow them to go out and live their lives, and the smart people like you will stay locked down forever and won't get it?

mdog

Mar 11, 2011
Just watch it after November either miraculously go away, or drag for another 4 years.

But enough with politics. NHL should return to if not complete, but close to normal. But they won't, unfortunately.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

Mar 4, 2004
Let me give you a fact:

For starters, those aren't facts. Perhaps the source of your misconception about Covid-19 is your inability to tell what is a fact and what isn't.

And I'm still waiting for you to provide a source for any of the claims you made, particularly .04%

I don't watch CNN or even have cable. But thanks for telling me what I watch and think. Just add it to the list of bad assumptions you make that you think are facts.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

Mar 4, 2004
Also, of all Covid-19 deaths, only 3.5% of them come from those who are not classed as senior citizens.

Last time I attended an NHL game I didn't see many senior citizens there. Maybe they could avoid the games. But young, healthy, people should be allowed to watch a game live. Anyone propagating against this is ignorant and a fear mongerer.
Source?

The pre-emptive personal attack is a nice touch as well. "Anyone who disagrees with me is ignorant and a fear mongerer."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad