Should the NHL allow fans for cup clinching games?

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
No. They need to stay the hell out. The border is closed, they can celebrate with family after. Last thing we need is an outbreak started by people who think the virus is propaganda.
Are you suggesting I think the virus is propaganda lmao or that some of the players families do? I clearly said they should have to isolate for 2 weeks & test negative before entering?

Thinking their father who sacrificed everything he had so they could play and drove them to the rink at 5am since they were little, should be able to be there for that once in a lifetime memory and the cumulation of every sacrifice they made; if they quarantine for 2 weeks & 100% don’t have Covid; makes me a conspiracy theorist? Then sure call me one, I’d rather be one than whatever sort of person is so paranoid that they would think otherwise.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Are you suggesting I think the virus is propaganda lmao or that some of the players families do? I clearly said they should have to isolate for 2 weeks & test negative before entering?

Thinking their father who sacrificed everything he had so they could play and drove them to the rink at 5am since they were little, should be able to be there for that once in a lifetime memory and the cumulation of every sacrifice they made; if they quarantine for 2 weeks & 100% don’t have Covid; makes me a conspiracy theorist? Then sure call me one, I’d rather be one than whatever sort of person is so paranoid that they would think otherwise.

Doesn’t really matter. The border is staying closed and this is nothing more than a thought exercise.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Doesn’t really matter. The border is staying closed and this is nothing more than a thought exercise.
The border wasn’t closed for the players, it’s obviously a thought exercise lol I’m just saying it could be done with essentially no risk and massive reward. I’m more irritated with bending the rules for politicians (some renting out rinks to play while rinks are closed, some going to hair salons while salons are closed, etc) than I am for hockey players lol

awegrzyn

Jun 17, 2014
Yes. All fans should be let in. Should have never ever been closed to begin with. Half of these clubs will go bankrupt. 20% of people will not go into a stadium for years. Fear is the most powerful emotion in a human. Half of NHL teams were in the RED for years without this scam.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Yes. All fans should be let in. Should have never ever been closed to begin with. Half of these clubs will go bankrupt. 20% of people will not go into a stadium for years. Fear is the most powerful emotion in a human. Half of NHL teams were in the RED for years without this scam.

Quick question, how many people you know gotta die before you think it isn't a scam?

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Yes. NFL teams are doing 20% capacity with safety precautions in place, why couldn’t the NHL?

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Gary just said they asked the governments of Canada to allow relatives of players to attend and that request is in limbo on a desk. Not approved or denied. But fans, hell no.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
lol the NHL does too but they're just so incompetent at it that we tend to forget

Daley said even if a health officials allowed something like fans to attend games, if the medical officer of the NHL, he meant the lawyers, said no then the NHL would not have any fans in order to keep everyone safe.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Yes. NFL teams are doing 20% capacity with safety precautions in place, why couldn’t the NHL?
The US has about six times the number of COVID cases per capita as Canada.

I really couldn't care less about anything the NFL does. It's not a model for Canada to follow.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
How about we look at which states are allowing this to happen, and the fact Canada is a different country. Also, if a ton of people get sick, it isn't in the same financial burden on taxpayers that it would be in Canada.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
they should at least let the family members be in the bubble like the nba. Idk why they don't do that, its certainly doable. Then at least they can raise to cup to some cheers lol

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
they should at least let the family members be in the bubble like the nba. Idk why they don't do that, its certainly doable. Then at least they can raise to cup to some cheers lol

The NHL asked for that from the Canadian government at the start of the tournament. The government said let's see how things go first. The NHL then officially requested that family from the USA be allowed into Canada about half way through the tournament and the request is sitting on a government desk neither approved or dismissed.

Maybe it will happen.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
The NHL asked for that from the Canadian government at the start of the tournament. The government said let's see how things go first. The NHL then officially requested that family from the USA be allowed into Canada about half way through the tournament and the request is sitting on a government desk neither approved or dismissed.

Maybe it will happen.

it should've happened already if it was going to. They for sure should've done it for the finals. It would have been nice to at least see 20-50+ family members from each side cheering teams on. There is more than enough space in the hotels and rinks to let it happen now that so many teams are gone.

Green

Nov 13, 2019
they could sell like 2,000 tickets at like $500 a piece and have them socially distance and stay in the upper levels so they are no where near the ice so no chance of giving the players covid, is it worth it for the league to make an easy $1,000,000 per game? I guess not, also not sure if Edmonton has laws against it

Benneguin

Original Recipe
May 26, 2015
Imagine if Toronto finally made it to the finals but their fans couldn't go? Sorry, that might be too hard to imagine.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 6

Benneguin

Original Recipe
May 26, 2015

They have already had at least 1 fan test positive and 10 in quarantine from the KC game, I believe. Given that these are NFL fans I'm guessing the percentage of the fans taking proper precautions are probably low.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Just watching the NFL with fans has shown its time to start moving away from closed door games and transitioning back to allowing fans in stadiums. I think it would be great to have a select group of fans invited from both teams to watch cup clinching games. It would also set the scene for having fans next season.

No,. Absolutely not. If even 1 case came out of it, it would not be worth it. The risk is too high, and that's highlighted by the recent upswing in cases.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
They should have offered the platinum NHL fan package, charge like 20 grand, you come to the bubble, isolate for 14 days in the hotel, get tested every day and get to sit in the stands.

LPHabsFan

Jul 14, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Honestly yes. Despite the growing numbers, I think the NHL is missing an opportunity here. It would require some logistical planning but it's doable. You limit it to just a few thousand people and the qualifier is that it's only available to families. Target those families so they could bring their kids to the games. Charge like $15 and provide them with a boxed meal like they do at the pre-season intra squad scrimmages and the money goes to charity. Mandatory masks except like under two or something. Easy to social distance between families.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad