Should the NHL allow fans for cup clinching games?

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Just watching the NFL with fans has shown its time to start moving away from closed door games and transitioning back to allowing fans in stadiums. I think it would be great to have a select group of fans invited from both teams to watch cup clinching games. It would also set the scene for having fans next season.

You do know all teams left are American and they're playing in Canada right...?

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
I would be for it, if the fans allowed in remained in one of these:
funny-players-in-balls-animated-gif.gif

It would even enhance the hockey game seeing fans scattered around the stands looking like that. If wanting to be even safer, there are those giant bubbles where the entire body goes in. It would be a mess in the stairs though, they would just tumble down towards the boards.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I don't see why the families that are here couldn't be in attendance.

I think its starting to happen now with Canadian families . Stars just posted this on Twitter .

Dowling is from Alberta so its likely his family was already hanging around near the bubble.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I think its starting to happen now with Canadian families . Stars just posted this on Twitter .

Dowling is from Alberta so its likely his family was already hanging around near the bubble.

I honestly can't remember if families are in the bubble or not. Would seem stupid if they are outside of it.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I honestly can't remember if families are in the bubble or not. Would seem stupid if they are outside of it.

They weren't . Its just starting to happen for Canadian families that have completed testing and quarantine protocols.

BruinsFan37

Jun 26, 2015
We really don't have enough information to draw that conclusion yet. Give it a month or two and check back for results.

This. Though given the actions/attitudes of (some) fans at the Chiefs game, and median incubation period of about four to five days, it will probably be much sooner than that. All it's going to take is one fan dying that can be traced back to a game for the NFL to go to no fans in attendance, because lawsuits.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I dont see what is unsafe about letting a few thousand fans for a few games with good sanitation protocols.

The grocery and department stores we go into have thousands of people in and out on the daily and this has been managed.
Because it's passed airborne and sanitation protocols inside don't do much to fight it in a meaningful way when people are stuck inside together.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

Puts a lot of things into perspective, I have to be honest if I was a player and had to be away from a child that young for 70 days it would really, really suck.

Reactions: VP and CupsOverCash

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
I would be for it, if the fans allowed in remained in one of these:
funny-players-in-balls-animated-gif.gif

It would even enhance the hockey game seeing fans scattered around the stands looking like that. If wanting to be even safer, there are those giant bubbles where the entire body goes in. It would be a mess in the stairs though, they would just tumble down towards the boards.

Screw the hockey, I want to see a bunch of those on the ice.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
I don't think that would be a good idea, but if family and friends residing in Canada were allowed while family and friends residing in the US were not that wouldn't seem fair.

I don't think Canada should let people from the US in to see hockey games; and if they don't let people from the US in then the NHL should not permit Canadians to attend either.

Reactions: AaronDellForPrez

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Better to err on the side of caution.

I don't see too many Canadians wanting to take risks here, but some Americans who would.

That might speak to why the US has six times the rate of infections per capita as compared to Canada.

Reactions: AaronDellForPrez

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
They weren't . Its just starting to happen for Canadian families that have completed testing and quarantine protocols.
That's cool that they will at least be allowed to watch the games

I wouldn't open it up to fans at this point. This playoffs have been a tremendous success and definitely wouldn't risk that with just the conference finals and then the cup finals to go.

December regular season will be a different story. I can see them allowing some fans in to offset the gate losses. Otherwise they'll need to postpone until the vaccine is ready.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I would like them try to allow fans. Don't fill the arena. Have sanitation measures.

Also, if we do that, how about having a SCF like normal, with travelling between the two cities?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad