Should the NHL allow fans for cup clinching games?

coolboarder

Mar 4, 2010
Maryland
For game 7, sure, what the NHL has to lose by allowing fans in the arena? Nothing because they have fulfilled their TV obligation and maybe making something extra out from it and there will be no game for next 2 months or 9 weeks before next regular season starts on December, tentatively.

mdog

Mar 11, 2011
For game 7, sure, what the NHL has to lose by allowing fans in the arena?
Even if the NHL was brave enough to do it, their insurance would veto it. That's ignoring all potential media fallout if even one spectator gets sick.... regardless of whether it was due to his/her attendance.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Obesity is among the, if not the leading cause of elevated cardiovascular disease/heart disease.

And it's highly recognized in the medical and health-science communities that obesity is a socially contagious disease.

So yes. Heart disease is contagious.

Nice civility, tho.
You guys let Balance's distraction tactics work.

The number of people who die each year from heart disease isn't analogous to a pandemic virus. It's false equivalency. But now we're talking about heart disease and not 200,000 people dying in 6 months.

Reactions: Plat87

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
''
The NHL
Perhaps more than any other league, the NHL is very familiar with how to manage missing games. Lockouts cost the NHL its entire season in 2004-05 and reduced the season to 48 games in 2012-13.
There are two major differences between those years and this one. During the lockouts, the NHL did not have to pay its players, and its labor agreement does not include the provision the NBA’s has to reduce salaries.
Also, during the lockouts, some teams could make up for lost revenues by scheduling concerts, other sports events and family shows in their arenas. Not this time.
Another issue: Because hockey does not have a large television audience in the U.S., it relies on ticket sales more than the other major sports leagues."

Any that believe this sport is not in serious trouble without fans are living in a alternate world. There will be no fans in the playoffs and the start of next season is in jeopardy. Insurance covered losses this year but that will not be the case for a new season no insurance company will now underwrite coverage again for this. So before another season starts there will have to be fans in the seats. And IMO they will not start unless they can open the entire arena. They will have to have the money and right now It is hard to Imagine a team being allowed to play in California New York or Pennsylvania. Politics alone will shutter the start of a new season. Currently there are 5 teams that may have played there last game under current ownership and will fold or move. And this is before next season is even started.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
For game 7, sure, what the NHL has to lose by allowing fans in the arena? Nothing because they have fulfilled their TV obligation and maybe making something extra out from it and there will be no game for next 2 months or 9 weeks before next regular season starts on December, tentatively.

The NHL has no say in this matter. The arena is closed and will stay closed. What the NHL wants doesn’t matter.

Reactions: robertocarlos

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
I wouldn't because if something ever happens (Covid), then imagine the backlash! The NHL would look as irresponsible as they were over the CTE cases and them saying it is unrelated to the repeated blows to the head during hockey games.

Let the winning city take the risk or not of having a parade.

Plat87

Nov 22, 2018
But..I wanna be a sheep for a .04 percent chance of dying.

The media is always right AND YOUR A CONSPIRACIST IF YOU EVER QUESTION THEM!!1111 !(while they support rioting and looting in the midst of a "pandemic")

Whats all this ''pandemic'' talk? why are they so scared of the goddamn flu! tell these p*ssies to nut up and take their masks off then burn em, it's my god given right I have the freedom to do that goddammit. Open everything up, flood the arenas, bars, and malls and lets all party like there's no tomorrow!

WeaponOfChoice

Jan 25, 2020
Oh yes, there isn't a liberal bias in the media. No way, thats a conspiracy bro. CNN and CNBC are fair and unbiased.
Good thing for you that there are a myriad of other mainstream news organizations.

Lolz complaining that CNN is left wing demonstrates your ideology perfectly to me. No need for a Fox and Friends lecture.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
But..I wanna be a sheep for a .04 percent chance of dying.

The media is always right AND YOUR A CONSPIRACIST IF YOU EVER QUESTION THEM!!1111 !(while they support rioting and looting in the midst of a "pandemic")

If I'm a sheep you must be a jellyfish

no brain no spine and your mouth serves as your ass.

Keep it coming with your fake stats.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
You know that the Minnesota looters were actually white supremacists trying to start shit, right?

Minneapolis police link 'Umbrella Man' to racists

Well.....not all of 'em, I'm pretty sure.

Safe to say there were quite a few who had quite the opposite opinion of the white race. :laugh:

But it wouldn't surprise me to see a few of them jump at the chance to join in and raise hell under the guise of "protest".

Anyways, to get things back on track, outside of the NHL players' families I'd have to imagine the league will keep the doors closed for the duration of this series - whether that's just tonight or Wednesday as well.

TV networks will no doubt focus on any relevant family, as they did repeatedly on Saturday with Corey Perry's wife who was in attendance.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Well.....not all of 'em, I'm pretty sure.

Safe to say there were quite a few who had quite the opposite opinion of the white race. :laugh:

But it wouldn't surprise me to see a few of them jump at the chance to join in and raise hell under the guise of "protest".

Anyways, to get things back on track, outside of the NHL players' families I'd have to imagine the league will keep the doors closed for the duration of this series - whether that's just tonight or Wednesday as well.

TV networks will no doubt focus on any relevant family, as they did repeatedly on Saturday with Corey Perry's wife who was in attendance.

The first rioters were people like "Umbrella man" who did so under the guise of protest, trying to egg on both the protestors and the cops into conflict to delegitimize the movement.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
I laughed when a white guy stepped out of the Target in MN. with a dry fryer. And he had tattoos.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad