Speculation: Should the leafs take a run at Rick Nash?

Nash for 1 year?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Sure why not, I would take NASH. Who wouldn't. I am sure we probably could stand to trade someone on his wing for a D anyways, or as part of a package.

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto
Unless you think Tyler Ennis is better than Rick Nash, there's no reason not to sign him on a 1 year deal. He can be scratched if he's not buying in.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
If management is thinking of signing a UFA, I hope its to to fix the blueline instead of add to our strength at forward.

Luca Sbisa is still available. He can play the right side and played over 19 minutes a game (when healthy) for Vegas last season. 2 goals and 14 points in 30 games, and he's mostly known for being a physical player.

He's not a hero, and does have a tendency to make bad plays. But he plays a style we lack (hitter), and a position we need (3rd pair, right side D).

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Meh.

I'd rather him get minutes than Ennis, but I'd rather Johnsson get top6 minutes than Nash tbh. We can hand out all the one year deals we like, but I wouldn't give him $5m, no way. If we're spending that kind of cap money I'd rather pay for a rental at the deadline.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
th

exporta

Jul 30, 2005
I won't have any issues if they do pursue, but not a guy high on my radar. If he's ready to play and wants to be in Toronto, I'd give him a shot.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Play him in our 3rd line for the year at $1.5-2m? Sign me up!

Marleau-Matthews-Nylander
Johnsson-Tavares-Marner
Nash-Kadri-Kapanen
Hyman-Lindholm-Brown
Leivo/Ennis

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Forgot to mention on my post that I would only say yes if Nash is sign for like 3mil for the season. His chance to chase the Cup.

Nash can chase the cup elsewhere for $3.0 million!

He thumbed his nose at our Leafs to sign elsewhere when he was still somewhat still in his prime.

I wouldn't even consider signing him for league minimum today! Play the kids that actually have a future to give to our team.

Reactions: Eric bungay

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
He’s still a good player, I’d be happy to sign him on two conditions:
  • 1 year deal, as cap space is already gonna be a BIG problem next year
  • We leave enough cap space so that there’s no chance of bonus penalties carrying over to next year. Again, we need that cap space!
If we could sign him with no cap impact on 2019/20, our forward lines would be SICK!

Nash - Tavares - Marner
Marleau - Matthews - Nylander
Hyman - Kadri - Kapanen
Johnsson - Lindholm - Brown

the days of Nash being a first line guy are dead and gone

there was a play in game 5 where Nash was in position "A" 20 feet from the net right f/o circle, not a Leaf within 8 feet of him, puck was flat and on his stick and he missed by 6 feet high short side, the real Rick Nash never missed that shot.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Might be okay with it at 1.5 million-2.0 million on a 1 year only. If it's 2 years, walk, walk, walk....

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
After we find our what willy signs for, i think Nash would be a smart add at the deadline for a 1 year deal, since we will likely still have cap space left over.

Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Nash-Kadri-Kapanen
Johnsson-Lindholm-Brown

How can you say no to that?

sittler rules!!!

Feb 9, 2004
After we find our what willy signs for, i think Nash would be a smart add at the deadline for a 1 year deal, since we will likely still have cap space left over.

Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Nash-Kadri-Kapanen
Johnsson-Lindholm-Brown

How can you say no to that?
You mean after Nylander is traded

TorMapleJays

Jun 24, 2012
Nash has not skated a single time time in two years and a month or two ago he was on the toronto radio saying his symptoms as just as bad as they were when he first got hit.

He is done.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
No. I would only get him for depth on a "one and done" for a playoff run , but I don't think he can play at a playoff level anymore. We'd be better off calling up a Marlie.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Take a run at him? The poor guy is semi-retired, what has he done to deserve such?

On a serious note, the guy is pretty much done. Even if he does come back, it's very unlikely that it's this year, and it's even more likely that he'll be in any shape to be a better option than what we already have.

Reactions: Trapper
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad