Speculation: Should the leafs take a run at Rick Nash?

Nash for 1 year?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Obliviate

Jun 26, 2018
If Nash wants to pull a Mike Fisher and join the team for a playoff push at 1 mill then absolutely.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Depends on price. But I'd assume we talked to his camp by now. Thing of it is we have Marlie grass who deserve it. When you add an older guy it's like saying thanks for your dedication and hard work but no thanks

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
He’s still a good player, I’d be happy to sign him on two conditions:
  • 1 year deal, as cap space is already gonna be a BIG problem next year
  • We leave enough cap space so that there’s no chance of bonus penalties carrying over to next year. Again, we need that cap space!
If we could sign him with no cap impact on 2019/20, our forward lines would be SICK!

Nash - Tavares - Marner
Marleau - Matthews - Nylander
Hyman - Kadri - Kapanen
Johnsson - Lindholm - Brown

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Nash has had some serious concussion issues the past year and a bit.

If he's healthy, I would have no issue with signing him after Christmas at a hometown price. Stay in shape all year. Doesn't have to go through the grind of 82 games. Would be fresh for the final 20 or so games plus playoffs.

He didn't put up numbers with Boston but he had moments in that playoff series where he looked dangerous. If you get him at a pro-rated 1-2 million at the TDL, I see no reason not to plop him beside Kadri on the third line or even with Tavares and Marner.

AustonMarner

Sep 3, 2018
I'd like to think that if Rick Nash decided to play this season his Agent should take a run at his client playing for the our Leafs. Not quite the other way around.. lol

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
e1feea2df73447797ac9ebf37b09848a.jpg

Reactions: Leafidelity

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
If Nash signed, one of Johanson or kapanen would be 13th forward or waived.

I actually think in an identical role, Johanson and Kapanen would outperform Nash, offensively and defensively.

Reactions: Mork

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Sign him if he's willing to come in on a one-year. Although, who knows what kind of physical and mental shape he is in. Its worth a flyer.

Mad hatter

Go Leafs Go
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Acton Ontario
He skates well, big body and is fairly sound defensively but there’s no room for him. If we can trade a forward for a RD then I say yes. I think he’ll wait until he sees who are the cup favourites and then try to get on one of them in the new year but that’s just my gut feeling.

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
He had his chance to come here, f*** him if he wants to come back when we're good.

NOT a good ol torona boy at all.

Reactions: Al14
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->