Speculation: Should the leafs take a run at Rick Nash?

Nash for 1 year?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Subway Schenn

Jun 24, 2018
London, UK
Ya, no.... He didn't want to play here in his prime; Don't want him when he's one bump away from the end.

He had a good career, all things told. 1000 games, 400 goals, 800 points.

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
For a run this year only (like Fisher), absolutely. He would be great in a 3rd line role. Our 4th line would become more potent as well.

Reactions: jaric1862

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Rick Nash in his prime would be adding something real to this team: a big wide body who skates fast and busts through defense on the rush without needing a shoot in. Could Nash still play like a bull?

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Take a run at him? The poor guy is semi-retired, what has he done to deserve such?

On a serious note, the guy is pretty much done. Even if he does come back, it's very unlikely that it's this year, and it's even more likely that he'll be in any shape to be a better option than what we already have.
Yeah if he decides to un-retire, sign cheap, go through training camp, etc. maybe.
As for this year? He hasn’t even seen game action or appear to have his head in the game.
That’s a no in 18-19.

TheProspector

Oct 18, 2007
Orlando
I wouldn't mind Rick Nash on this team if he can be had in a one year contract, and play on the 3rd/4th lines... but... who is he going to displace? The 3rd and 4th lines have been very good. And he's not playing higher than that.

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
Ya, no.... He didn't want to play here in his prime; Don't want him when he's one bump away from the end.

He had a good career, all things told. 1000 games, 400 goals, 800 points.

To be fair, this team was a pile of steaming poo while he was in his prime. I voted "yes" because it wouldn't hurt. Good depth for a playoff run.

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
Not only is Nash not the player he use to be, neither is the league what it once was either. That ship has sailed.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Leafs are already stacked up front, but with the cap space to give nash a deal should they?

1 year 5 mil should get it done.

20g/16a/36pts in 66 game average over the past 3 seasons.

Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Marleau-Matthews-Nylander
Nash-Kadri-Brown
Johnsson-Lindholm-Kapanen
*Ennis/Leivo

I don't think any team is touching that top 9. Tampa is close but they are top 6 heavy

If Nash was healthy and could help this team then I will be happy to drive him to the Scotiabank CTR.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Not only is Nash not the player he use to be, neither is the league what it once was either. That ship has sailed.

Can you expand on this?

I disagree completely. He was good in the playoffs for Boston. Until he is really "done", then I don't see why he can't play in the National Hockey League.

roosterman

Feb 4, 2008
If we have the cap space for a one year deal, why not add him for 3rd / 4th line depth. It's better than trading a pick for help.

Is it true that he would also have to sign by Dec. 1st (just like Willie)? Perhaps Willie may be the reason Nash has not signed already. I do remember Babs early in the season talking about signing other Ontario boys as Ontario boys would want to be here. I'm paraphrasing. Perhaps he was eluding to Nash for this year.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
It is over for Nash nice run but he is done like dinner.

Look for a UFA trade for playoffs to bolster blue line.

or a Matty signing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad