Should Holland be fired?

Should Holland be fired?

• Total voters

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Guy comes in buys out Sekera drafts the wrong player , gets absolute **** help for McDavid and Draisaitl up front on the wing, then goes out and signs a canuck cast off who was so bad he was constantly ripped on Canucks radio stations for being a spoiled snotty untalented self entitled brat who's skillset is equivalent to a lucic.

I live in Vancouver... these guys are laughing at the Oilers signing Granlund. Shaking thier heads in the process. Oilers will Oil

Nice intro Holland.

Trash
I live in Vancouver. No one is saying shit because they’re all fair weather fans.

bzur

Feb 11, 2007
I can't tell if some of you are actually hockey fans or just fans of bitching. It must be exhausting being so cynical all of the time.

Reactions: Cypress

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
There is a difference between being negative (rightly so, this franchise is a mess) and being a miserable sod that threats HFboards like their emo diary.

Totally the sort of guys that no longer have friends that will talk hockey in person because they’re too horrible.

Reactions: Pochiro

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
I mean I think he's been awful so far too, especially the unnecessary Sekera buyout, but come on it's already an improvement over the monkey we had in before him. He went through day 1 of free agency without saddling us with a millstone contract, and did not toss away our 1st rounder Griffin Reinhart style. There's also more than 1 freaking day to improve the team, so if he uses that cap hit over the next few weeks on a top 6 winger then all the sudden things look a lot less gloomy.

Now Bob Nicholson? That imbecile needed to be fired 3 years ago.

Reactions: McFlash97

Kagomeboy

HF board regular Otaku
Mar 7, 2017
Coquitlam
We have 1.1 million in projected cap space left currently according to capfriendly. Most used by acquiring spring chicken Mr Smith... Our netminder of the future.

Ken Holland is ****ing ******ed when it comes to cap management.

He should be fired.
my lord it a one year deal.calm down.

Kagomeboy

HF board regular Otaku
Mar 7, 2017
Coquitlam
I mean I think he's been awful so far too, especially the unnecessary Sekera buyout, but come on it's already an improvement over the monkey we had in before him. He went through day 1 of free agency without saddling us with a millstone contract, and did not toss away our 1st rounder Griffin Reinhart style. There's also more than 1 freaking day to improve the team, so if he uses that cap hit over the next few weeks on a top 6 winger then all the sudden things look a lot less gloomy.

\
:confused:

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
He's a good hockey man, that said he probably should've just passed on this job. This is not a "lets build for 3-4 years out!" job. This is a "gotta get shit done now" job and he does not operate that way.

Should've retired and chilled out in Detroit.

If he's giving McDavid the same roster he had last year basically but with 4th line Granlund tacked onto it ... that's a joke.

RandomGuy79

Oct 4, 2017
Surrey
Is there a GM out there that could have turned this team around and made them into a playoff team in a month on the job?

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014
We have 1.1 million in projected cap space left currently according to capfriendly. Most used by acquiring spring chicken Mr Smith... Our netminder of the future.

Ken Holland is ****ing ******ed when it comes to cap management.

He should be fired.

He literally has one year, but you knew that, so here is a free reply. Now you can leave.

Reactions: thadd and Kagomeboy

Defsta

Dec 1, 2004
So people are angry cos Holland couldn't do any miracles? As far as I know, those shits just doesn't exist, well maybe in fantasy books and films.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
So people are angry cos Holland couldn't do any miracles? As far as I know, those ****s just doesn't exist, well maybe in fantasy books and films.

That's the job here, if he didn't want something that had a high bar set, he should have just stayed in Detroit.

Giving Connor McDavid basically the same team he had last year with whopping Granlund, a 4th line player, added to it is garbage.

Defsta

Dec 1, 2004
That's the job here, if he didn't want something that had a high bar set, he should have just stayed in Detroit.

Giving Connor McDavid basically the same team he had last year with whopping Granlund, a 4th line player, added to it is garbage.

So it's his fault that PC got us to this deep shit cap wise and was handcuffed before he even start his job?

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
So it's his fault that PC got us to this deep **** cap wise and was handcuffed before he even start his job?

He needed to be bolder than that. Make a move on PK Subban and dump cap as neccessary, do something, the same roster that finished below the rebuilding Canucks with Petterson injured for like 20 games while the Oilers got 100 point seasons from McDavid and Draisaitl ... is an embarrassment.

How can you even keep a straight face when talking to McDavid and tell him you're serious about competing next year.

Reactions: MessierII

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014
Hard to believe he hasn't fixed our cap problem & winger depth problem & goalie problem & defense problem & front office culture problem & dressing room culture problem yet.

He's been here over a month, what is he waiting for?

>plane with Holland touches down
>sets his first foot on the ground of the airport
>OMG WHY DIDNT YOU FIX OUR TEAM #FIREHOLLAND

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017

Nicholson...what an absolute clown. It's hard to be worse then Chiarelli...but let's not pretend just because Holland hasnt made any crippling moves means hes done good. Hes already made some head scratching moves and that makes you wonder ....do we have another over the hill smooth talker whose really here to have drinks with Gretz and co with his 5 year freebee retirement contract or if he is serious about turning this around while McDavid is still here.

Reactions: harpoon

Defsta

Dec 1, 2004
He needed to be bolder than that. Make a move on PK Subban and dump cap as neccessary, do something, the same roster that finished below the rebuilding Canucks with Petterson injured for like 20 games while the Oilers got 100 point seasons from McDavid and Draisaitl ... is an embarrassment.

How can you even keep a straight face when talking to McDavid and tell him you're serious about competing next year.

How you think he didn't try? Only way to fix those things would be trade contracts which no one doesn't even want to look at. Just look at Looch contract, there's no one who would take that if we don't take another bad contract back and retain some salary, it wouldn't even give us more cap flexibility, maybe make it worse.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
How you think he didn't try? Only way to fix those things would be trade contracts which no one doesn't even want to look at. Just look at Looch contract, there's no one who would take that if we don't take another bad contract back and retain some salary, it wouldn't even give us more cap flexibility, maybe make it worse.

He should have forgotton about trying to sign UFAs. PK Subban is available, acquire him, and then move cap as necessary.

I think Connor McDavid is going to be at his witt's end here in 12 months, he is going to be beyond frustrated.

This is the worst franchise in pro sports, they can't even make the playoffs with the best player in the world, in no other sports league is that even possible for what is probably gonna be 3 straight years.

Reactions: MessierII

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad