Should Holland be fired?

Should Holland be fired?

• Total voters

RandomGuy79

Oct 4, 2017
Surrey
There seems to be a lot of backlash over what Holland has done the past couple of days and during the draft.

So it needs to be asked. Should Holland be fired over what has transpired over the last few weeks?

Reactions: Aerchon

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
No, obviously not. They aren't going to fire him, and it would be ridiculous to do so.

That being said, all his moves so far have been terrible. The drafting was horrific, the signings have been for too much (albeit only slightly), he hasn't off-loaded Lucic or Russel (when Toronto seems to be able to offload contracts easily), and worst of all he bought out Sekera for no goddam reason. He's been a train wreck so far, but he won't get fired.

Reactions: Bangers and Aerchon

Markham30

Jan 12, 2016
Edmonton
Haha are you guys kidding me? Look at what he has to work with aside from McDavid and Draisaitl. Chiarelli left this team in such a mess, and your getting mad and blaming Holland instead? You guys need to stop reading these forums and stop watching this team. There’s more to life than HFboards and Edmonton Oilers. Get a life.

Fmrnuckfan95

Dec 16, 2018
Edmonton
To make trades you gotta have players other teams want first....some of those contracts today will come back to bite the teams that signed them.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Guy comes in buys out Sekera drafts the wrong player , gets absolute shit help for McDavid and Draisaitl up front on the wing, then goes out and signs a canuck cast off who was so bad he was constantly ripped on Canucks radio stations for being a spoiled snotty untalented self entitled brat who's skillset is equivalent to a lucic.

I live in Vancouver... these guys are laughing at the Oilers signing Granlund. Shaking thier heads in the process. Oilers will Oil

Nice intro Holland.

Trash

Ragdoll

Feb 15, 2018
You got to be kidding me... it’s been what? Look at what he was handed when he took over? Little to no cap space, terrible contracts left, right and center. What do you want him to do? Glad he’s not pulling a Chia and throwing a dumb contract at a 3rd or 4th liner

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Change the title to never been hired.

As of right now he honestly looks every bit as bad as Chiarelli.

That buyout and Smith contract is cruel and unusual. Anyone defending either has super infused rose coloured glasses on, is an idiot, is drunk, is high, or is an invalid.

Just my opinion

Sekera doesnt have much left in the tank and a young up and coming dman like Caleb jones can take his spot. and while the smith signing might be iffy from his time in Calgary, he’s the back up not the starter. Holland has next to nothing to work with. That’s why all his signings are 1/2 years max. As for the draft, edm got a big, very fast defensemen. Perfect for today’s nhl.

Kagomeboy

HF board regular Otaku
Mar 7, 2017
Coquitlam
No, obviously not. They aren't going to fire him, and it would be ridiculous to do so.

That being said, all his moves so far have been terrible. The drafting was horrific, the signings have been for too much (albeit only slightly), he hasn't off-loaded Lucic or Russel (when Toronto seems to be able to offload contracts easily), and worst of all he bought out Sekera for no goddam reason. He's been a train wreck so far, but he won't get fired.

Jesus h christ man the only train wreck is you.

RandomGuy79

Oct 4, 2017
Surrey
This cant be nothing more than a trolling thread

It's not, after reading the UFA thread and the draft thread it seemed like pages and pages of posts from people who are acting like it is the worst day in their life. So I am trying to get get a read on this place.

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
Nah don't think he should be fired but the Sekera buyout was pretty stupid.

Other then that I'd say he's doing just OK so far.

Reactions: Suxnet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad