Should Holland be fired?

Should Holland be fired?

• Total voters

Saltcreek

Nov 23, 2016
If you want to defend his moves, then great, you are fairly alone in that opinion, but you have every right to hold it.

Outside of buying out Sekera none of Hollands moves have been "bad" and we do not know what is his plan for the rest of the summer. I rather Holland take his time and think things through rather than rush to make another stupid deal like Chia.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Purely on paper, this is a bottom 5 roster in the NHL. We need to add a 3C and 2nd line winger and that’s probably going to have to come via trade. We’re in a tough spot.

At least everything he’s done is short term.

I wouldn’t have hired Holland in the first place but you obviously can’t fire him at this point.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
It's not, after reading the UFA thread and the draft thread it seemed like pages and pages of posts from people who are acting like it is the worst day in their life. So I am trying to get get a read on this place.

I think you're being rather selective then. Yes some posters are pissing n moaning but for the most part expectations were rather tempered given our cap situation. We can't afford any more long term ufa contracts at the moment so anyone expecting a 4 or 5 year deal for Connolly wasn't really being practical.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Bunch of idiots calling for the GM to be fired because they think his draft picks and his 5 roster moves are horrible. They haven't even had the rookie camp ffs.

No wonder players don't want to go to Edmonton with all the obsessive fan girls prematurely screaming "the sky is falling" on July 1st

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Sekera doesnt have much left in the tank and a young up and coming dman like Caleb jones can take his spot. and while the smith signing might be iffy from his time in Calgary, he’s the back up not the starter. Holland has next to nothing to work with. That’s why all his signings are 1/2 years max. As for the draft, edm got a big, very fast defensemen. Perfect for today’s nhl.

We see things very differently.

Play Jones. Hope he is better than Sekrra and effectively pay Jones Salary AND Sekera's buyout for 4 more years...

It's ridiculously stupid. Beyond moronic. I imagine any Oilers fans that are accountants have projectile vomited upon hearing the news.

Big and fast and utterly useless with the LD we STILL have in the organization. But hey, maybe when/if he actually makes the nhl Holland can buyout Nurse, Klefbom, Russell, Samourukov, and/or Lagesson to pay him whatever he wants...

Holland was billed as bad at cap management from his time in Detroit. It's looking worse than I thought.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
It's not, after reading the UFA thread and the draft thread it seemed like pages and pages of posts from people who are acting like it is the worst day in their life. So I am trying to get get a read on this place.
you already got a read on it. Drama queens crying because Holland didn't waste money today.

Reactions: Leo360

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
Another pointless thread
vpn-icon.jpg

Kaniac

Sep 11, 2018
I haven't been happy with what we have done so far but damn, take a step back from the ledge. For all we know Holland has a trade in works to drop Lucic in a few weeks. We need to atleast give him a few more months before we light our torches and grab our pitchforks.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Imagine being the guy who voted yes, not even two months into the job, not even before the end of the offseason, not even before the season.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
he wont be fired. and no...he probably shouldn't be.

but he hasn't improved the team yet. big surprise the oilers are forced into doing nothing yet again.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
I do find it funny that at the same point, the people that were calling for Chiarelli's head are now telling anyone who questions Holland to shut up.

Reactions: Porkleaker

HenrikW

Feb 21, 2018
Re-make poll: should OP be banned from HFB. What a dumbass hottake

No flashy signing so far sure but rather that than continuous short-sighted Lucic, Sekera, Russel-like long term ancor contracts. Name one major UFA-contract that actually ended up being positive.

I can't even fathom what people expect out of Holland. Just look at our cap situation. Thats inherited. No ways around it.

I for one am happy we have no obvious dumb signings/trades. Merit to buying out Sekera is debatable, but we do need to graduate some AHLers

It's about f***ing time fanbase stop thinking win now at any cost. It's not happening. We're not even a steady bubble team. How about we get there with 1-2 prospects before we start adding finishing pieces

Last edited:
Reactions: thadd

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
I think we gave him a fair shot and he failed to accomplish anything other than making the team weaker. Sorry Holland, you're fired.

Reactions: Aerchon

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
We have 1.1 million in projected cap space left currently according to capfriendly. Most used by acquiring spring chicken Mr Smith... Our netminder of the future.

Ken Holland is f***ing Pejorative Slured when it comes to cap management.

He should be fired.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad