Should Holland be fired?

Should Holland be fired?

• Total voters

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
yes arguing with a couple of fellas now. They both wanted Holland fired ASAP after free agency. Now it’s a different story

You quoted the wrong posters though. @oobga wasn't being serious with his post. He was mocking those who were trashing Holland.

There are other posts in this thread from posters who shall not be named about the apparent awful job Holland did that deserved to be called out. oobga was not one of them.

Reactions: Oilhawks and guymez

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
for me, as I have posted a few times(yes broken record ) the moment Broberg was drafted it was a message that Holland was not doing the quick fix and was not going to splash out a lot of money(that we did not have)

we have and had a lot of players other teams do not want and to get where we want to be it will take a while

I look at the Broberg pick and think it takes D longer to develop then FWD and I think that in 4 to 5 years time--Holland has Bouchard-Broberg down as out number 1 pairing.

we will still have Leon and McDavid

we might have Pizza boy and Yamamoto doing stuff

yes a lot of what ifs--but I can see the plan

The biggest issue will be goaltending, now and in the future

Broberg likely wont take 4-5 years. Bouchard sure wont.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
he didn't know...he took a neutral stance as always and attacked fellow posters that were happy with the hire
Confirmed with Link: - Peter Chiarelli New President and GM! Part 2
Let the record show that I tried to leave you with the last word yesterday but you just couldn’t help yourself could you?

If that quote is ‘neutral’ I think you need a dictionary. But regardless, imagine a poster having so little understanding of the game that for two years he daily continued his attacks on other board members on the topic of Chiarelli in the one thread allotted to those not licking the organization’s boots. Imagine this poster continuing his attacks even ...

- after the Reinhart trade (blames that one on the obc)
- after the Hall trade (price you have to pay for a top pairing guy, Hall was a cancer)
- after the Eberle trade (useless unless he’s scoring, pointless in the playoffs)
- and all the way up to the day he got fired - through all his other stupid trades and signings. (Durr ... he signed McDavid didn’t he).

And then imagine this poster having so little self awareness that he complains about other posters attacking him. You think your debt is over? lol ... that debt will last forever.

I’ll just say one other thing about ‘attacks’ and then I’ll give you another opportunity to have the last word. It’s funny how this board works. It’s open season on guys like Raab, Aerchon, Drive, Jaded all day long - hell half the board can take shots at those guys and it’s totally cool I guess. You (laughably) mention ‘courage of your convictions’ when speaking about your shilling for Chiarelli. No. Courage is what is exhibited by posters like the guys I mentioned above who take the unpopular view and stick by it. You’ve always just been the loudest voice in the consensus crowd trying to batter down anyone who disagrees. Takes no courage whatsoever. Ridiculous that would even try to attach that label to yourself. That’s why you have been the recipient of so many rebuttals from me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad