Should Austin Watson's suspension be rescinded?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PerdFan

Oct 10, 2010
The real sad part is that you seem to think only hitting qualifies for abuse.
And how did you get that out of what I said? Lol
He pushed her, the police saw it and he is now serving a suspension for it. But in light of her statement the context is completely different. He’s not the demon the mob rule mentality would like him to be.
Also the club’s complete and very public support of both Watson AND his girlfriend is now completely understandable and justified.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Supposedly no hitting was involved. He admitted to pushing her.
fine, he sits for a few weeks as punishment for this entire thing going public...I am not saying he shouldn't be suspended, we are now in a society that does not seek innocence first it just assumes guilt and that is the sad and scary part that so many justice seekers fail to see.

Reactions: paragon

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
You are making an awfully huge assumption. The local coverage of this event is absolutely consistent with what she is now saying. She never wanted charges brought and reportedly freaked out when they arrested him.

It is very common that women who have been abused don't want their husband or boyfriend arrested.

Not making Watson out to be some sort of woman beater, just saying that her not wanting him taken away doesn't really add much to his defence.

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
It is very common that women who have been abused don't want their husband or boyfriend arrested.

Not making Watson out to be some sort of woman beater, just saying that her not wanting him taken away doesn't really add much to his defence.

She's the abuser

Reactions: EdJovanovski

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
If she's too drunk to make rational or safe decisions for herself, where is the line as to what he can and can not do to restrain her?

The proper thing for him to do is leave call a cab and go home to their kids. Cause either way he's the one leaving in cuffs

Reactions: EdJovanovski

PerdFan

Oct 10, 2010
Too many people on both sides speaking in absolutes about a situation that has a ton of gray area.

If Watson really did nothing wrong pleading no contest isn’t a good look.
The police saw him push her because they were in the same parking lot as Watson and his girlfriend. In the state of TN if suspected abuse is witnessed, someone must get arrested. Watson plead no contest because the police saw him push her, no fighting that. But the context is now completely different and shines a whole other light on the situation. I’m just glad that the organization is standing behind them BOTH and helping them anyway they can.

Reactions: Drake744

paragon

May 5, 2010
Because as this thread proves, nobody believes the truth. You've already all made up your minds about the situation.
Unless there's footage there's no way to differentiate a false accusation from the truth. And either way people make up their minds about the situation.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
If she's too drunk to make rational or safe decisions for herself, where is the line as to what he can and can not do to restrain her?
Could you imagine trying to restrain your sloppy drunk ass wife as she makes a fool out of both of you?

Simply grabbing her by the arm to remove her from the situation is seen as a form of abuse by some posters here.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville

I'm not trying to beat a dead horse here but Tennessee law requires an arrest to come out of a domestic issue that a cop reports to. Someone was getting arrested no matter what.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
The police saw him push her because they were in the same parking lot as Watson and his girlfriend. In the state of TN if suspected abuse is witnessed, someone must get arrested. Watson plead no contest because the police saw him push her, no fighting that. But the context is now completely different and shines a whole other light on the situation. I’m just glad that the organization is standing behind them BOTH and helping them anyway they can.

I’m not saying Austin is some terrible awful unforgivable person. People somewhere in the middle - which you seem to be - aren’t who I was talking about.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I read the police report. The cops assumed that Watson was the cause/instigator of the situation. When he truthfully answered that he had pushed her(which, if you have ever dealt with a drunken person, you may very well have to do) that was all the cop needed and boom it became what it is. If the cop had properly recognized that a sober Watson was trying to deal with a drunken person, I suspect there would never have been any charges(or the girlfriend would have been cited for PI)
my wife would get very violent off a certain red wine, I forgot the name of it. but every time we would be driving back from her moms from her drinking that stuff she would start attacking me, it would just happen...not the good kind of attacking either lol..if you never had to deal with a woman that is drunk, your wife or not, you have no understanding how a lot of this shit goes down and what is never told or brought up as we men should be able to handle it...sometimes you have to be physical back to stop it...not saying that happened here but when alcohol is involved I doubt she was on her best behavior either.

Reactions: Frank Drebin

Miltons tomatoplant

Dec 8, 2004
I agree that the girlfriends' statement may be false and she may be protecting an abuser here. Or not; none of us know.

But it's disturbing to me that only money gets mentioned as a potential motive to sweep abuse under the carpet. They're a couple and have a child together. Is it so unreasonable to guess that they're not álways on violent terms with each other? That love is the main motive to want it handled internally between the both of them?

Remind me never to date any of you gold diggers, projecting your own reasoning onto others.

PerdFan

Oct 10, 2010
And FWIW every statement from the Preds has stressed that they supported the family (not just Watson)getting the help they needed.
I have defended the situation from the beginning because of the Preds coming out with this statement. There had to be more going on then what the mainstream
media was reporting.

Reactions: PredsV82

the paisanos guy

the hell do i know about cooking a shirt?
Dec 6, 2010
I read the police report. The cops assumed that Watson was the cause/instigator of the situation. When he truthfully answered that he had pushed her(which, if you have ever dealt with a drunken person, you may very well have to do) that was all the cop needed and boom it became what it is. If the cop had properly recognized that a sober Watson was trying to deal with a drunken person, I suspect there would never have been any charges(or the girlfriend would have been cited for PI)

Interesting that you leave out the part that said the officer saw further red marks/scratches on her chest and that she told him that sometimes Austin gets "handsy" with her. Maybe you're not as unbiased as you think???

Reactions: dukeofjive

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
I agree that the girlfriends' statement may be false and she may be protecting an abuser here. Or not; none of us know.

But it's disturbing to me that only money gets mentioned as a potential motive to sweep abuse under the carpet. They're a couple and have a child together. Is it so unreasonable to guess that they're not álways on violent terms with each other? That love is the main motive to want it handled internally between the both of them?

Remind me never to date any of you gold diggers, projecting your own reasoning onto others.
The motive is everything. She probably has a (deserved) sense of responsibility for the incident, she wants to clear the father of her child's good name, and she wants the suspension to be lifted for financial reasons.

I couldn't imagine losing a third of my salary over an incident in the parking lot with my drunkard wife

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
So she's either lying to protect Watson's reputation or she's telling the truth and making it even harder for victims to come forward by adding to the fear of not being taken seriously. Nice job either way.

You would have her keep silent even if she's telling the truth? What if you were the one falsely accused of domestic violence or sexual assault? Would you honestly want no one to come to your defense, least of all the person that you didn't assault, for fear of how it might discourage real victims?

Last edited:

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Interesting that you leave out the part that said the officer saw further red marks/scratches on her chest and that she told him that sometimes Austin gets "handsy" with her. Maybe you're not as unbiased as you think???
Being that she was completely intoxicated at the time, does her statement have any value?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad