Should Austin Watson's suspension be rescinded?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Helistin

Dustin's equilibrium
Aug 12, 2006
Close to you
He didn’t hit her. He pushed her away from the car to keep her from driving drunk. The police saw the push (they were in a parking lot at the time), hence the charges and no contest plea.

She even said it after it happened. Mob rule decided to either not listen or not believe her. He’s been demonized for this...it’s just sad

The real sad part is that you seem to think only hitting qualifies for abuse.

Reactions: dukeofjive

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Awfully sanctimonious of you to denigrate someone going public with something this personal and private.
exactly. like this is the shit she wants to be sending out there. her family has gone through a lot, nobody but them two know what really happened if either truly remember it anyway...the evidence never really fit the crime/suspension and she came out and said what she feels is the truth...his suspension isn't going to be eliminated she did this for the right reasons.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
You are making an awfully huge assumption. The local coverage of this event is absolutely consistent with what she is now saying. She never wanted charges brought and reportedly freaked out when they arrested him.
This is what people don't and won't get so it's kind of a pointless debate. Rumblings around Nashville have been leading to something like this for awhile now. 99.9% of people see this story from afar and play the assumption game like it's business as usual with no real knowledge of facts. Was I there and have all the facts? No, but most people haven't had this as a local story. She was probably freaked out when he was arrested because, again, state law requires it even if nothing worthy of an arrest actually happens. I'm sure she's telling the truth. Going to AA is not an easy thing for anyone and because she is, her mental clarity is probably right where it needs to be. But again people will believe whatever they want.

Eat The Rich

Jun 17, 2017
Instead of making a mind-numbingly stupid comment, answer the question.

How does telling the truth make it harder for victims to be taken seriously?

After all, the truth is what we should be aiming for, is it not?

Because as this thread proves, nobody believes the truth. You've already all made up your minds about the situation.

Helistin

Dustin's equilibrium
Aug 12, 2006
Close to you
exactly. like this is the **** she wants to be sending out there. her family has gone through a lot, nobody but them two know what really happened if either truly remember it anyway...the evidence never really fit the crime/suspension and she came out and said what she feels is the truth...his suspension isn't going to be eliminated she did this for the right reasons.

What do you mean neither can remember what happened? I would think Watson was driving sober.

Also if she was too drunk to remember what happened immidiately how she could remember it later when sober?

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
(Some portion of) this thread is hilarious. It further proves the point that once an opinion is formed based on some loose 'facts' the best course of action is to circle the wagons and defend that position to the death even if the 'facts' may be questionable.
And that once a man is accused of something, he is doomed whether guilty or innocent.

paragon

May 5, 2010
So they both win. She has put herself on notice (admitting to a substance abuse issue) and he has suspension reduced.

Hopefully she gets proper help and stays the course so that they can ride off into the sunset.

Experiences like this suck, but I think it can help make both of them stronger.

Best of luck to their family.
They met in rehab, so it's not like she just put herself on notice for the first time.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
What do you mean neither can remember what happened? I would think Watson was driving sober.

Also if she was too drunk to remember what happened immidiately how she could remember it later when sober?
I never said neither can remember, I said who knows what either remembers, people remember and see things differently especially if someone is intoxicated.

And people do remember things after a certain time period, I have had many a purple elephant nights to remember something a few days later...its not that uncommon

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
That's not how it went. Read the police report.

I read the police report. The cops assumed that Watson was the cause/instigator of the situation. When he truthfully answered that he had pushed her(which, if you have ever dealt with a drunken person, you may very well have to do) that was all the cop needed and boom it became what it is. If the cop had properly recognized that a sober Watson was trying to deal with a drunken person, I suspect there would never have been any charges(or the girlfriend would have been cited for PI)

Helistin

Dustin's equilibrium
Aug 12, 2006
Close to you
I never said neither can remember, I said who knows what either remembers, people remember and see things differently especially if someone is intoxicated.

And people do remember things after a certain time period, I have had many a purple elephant nights to remember something a few days later...its not that uncommon

I don't think there were any purple elephant involved in this case.

Eat The Rich

Jun 17, 2017
Gotta love the perversion of language and crimes in society, same thing with sex offenders, now people who piss outside are lumped in with people who are serial molesters both being "sex offenders."

Austin Watson will now be called a "domestic abuser" for pushing his drunk wife away from her car, I'm sure that's what we all think when we think of domestic abuse, it's not a guy serially beating his wife, it's a push......I guess most of us are assault survivors then considering I'd bet nearly 100% of men have been pushed by another man at some point in their lives.

And you even have people jumping in to assure "oh no, this is what happens to victims, it's not possible she is telling the truth now." I guess once charges are filed against men, he is guilty until proven innocent and when the person who he's with claims he is innocent, he is still guilty.

I guess in today's society we don't need nuance, it's just black and white, either he is a saint or he is a "domestic abuser" for a push......

Not only that, had he let her get in the car drunk he'd be culpable in the event something serious were to happen. It's dumb. I'm sure people would have preferred he politely talk her out of getting behind the wheel, those people clearly have never dealt with an upset drunk person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad