Should Austin Watson's suspension be rescinded?

Status
Not open for further replies.

the paisanos guy

the hell do i know about cooking a shirt?
Dec 6, 2010
The buzz words that people are using in here to attack Watson is pathetic. He pushed her, leave it at that. Saying crap like "physical altercation", "beat" or other stuff is just being intentionally dishonest and not actually arguing based on the facts.

???? I used the words physical altercation as to be intentionally unspecific. It doesn't mean he beat her and it's not an attack on him. Look up the definitions of those words and tell me they don't fit the scenario.

Reactions: Helistin

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
???? I used the words physical altercation as to be intentionally unspecific. It doesn't mean he beat her and it's not an attack on him. Look up the definitions of those words and tell me they don't fit the scenario.

Technically correct doesn't mean intellectually honest. Just say he pushed her, "physical altercation" implies way worse than a push. Say what actually happened. Being intentionally unspecific makes people assume the worst in situations like these.

Reactions: Frank Drebin

PerdFan

Oct 10, 2010
You got a source on this? And what about her "handsy" remark?
I would guess that this was not their first rodeo involving alcohol fueled behavior.

I’m quoting some things said behind the scenes by people close to the situation that has been stated locally since the occurrence.

I have absolutely no idea what really happened and no one else does either. I’m just trying to put out information I know that shines light on why the club has unfailingly and completely supported both Watson and Jenn from the beginning.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Hopefully this teaches people not to get involved with addicts if nothing else.

He's a millionaire hockey player, he could find a girl without addiction problems in his sleep even in Nashville. He kind of deserves some of this shit just for being an idiot.

the paisanos guy

the hell do i know about cooking a shirt?
Dec 6, 2010
Technically correct doesn't mean intellectually honest. Just say he pushed her, "physical altercation" implies way worse than a push. Say what actually happened. Being intentionally unspecific makes people assume the worst in situations like these.

I'm being intentionally unspecific because I wasn't there to see the actual events. Going by the police report, Watson admitted to pushing her, his wife said that he had caused scratches on her chest, and another witness said they saw him swat at her and prevent her from leaving the SUV. I'm sorry that you have such negative connotations with "physical altercation" but it literally just means there was some sort of conflict that escalated to a physical level. There's nothing "intellectually dishonest" about it.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Hopefully this teaches people not to get involved with addicts if nothing else.

He's a millionaire hockey player, he could find a girl without addiction problems in his sleep even in Nashville. He kind of deserves some of this **** just for being an idiot.
A good lesson for all the young men here.

But it seems that certain men always find women like this

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
I lived it I'm no stranger to t a weds night dinner turning into a WWF hell in the cell match with the cops saying hi and cps saying hi

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
It is very common that women who have been abused don't want their husband or boyfriend arrested.

Not making Watson out to be some sort of woman beater, just saying that her not wanting him taken away doesn't really add much to his defence.

It lends credence to todays statement though

PredsV82

Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Think you misunderstand. Watson pleaded no contest to the charge. It's you who is making things up.

I think you dont understand that most folks in Watsons place would have taken the nolo deal even if they were innocent. He got 3 months probation. Months. Possession of weed gets you probation for longer than that, which shows you how little the prosecutors thought of the "offense"

Reactions: AmericanDream

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
I did, there was no real abuse besides a few marks on the legs that the arbitrator obviously felt wasn't from him either...The main person involved just said she was drunk and in AA and that he never physically touched her...no problems with the NHL taking a stand, but when **** like this happens and the real facts come out it is too late for a player to get his name back.

1) There was a witness to the abuse who was the one who called the police. When you're doing something that's enough for an unrelated 3rd party to witness it and feels its significant enough to call the police for, you're fairly safe in assuming that he did in fact "physically touch her".

2) Innocent people plead not guilty when they go to court. If he was that worried about "defending his name" or whatever it is you think you're doing on his behalf, that was the time to do it. In reality, he pled no contest, and the judge felt that the facts of the case including the eyewitness warranted a guilty verdict. All the rest of this is just PR and spin after the fact to counter the extreme backlash from fans for having his suspension reduced.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Most women who have been victims of domestic abuse will deny and retract statements it is called battered woman's syndrome. This piece of **** beat her, and she is afraid that she will lose the lifestyle, 18 games is nothing he should be sitting the season!

Like Ray Rice's girlfriend did a few years ago.

PredsV82

Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Why plead no contest then? Youre innocent, fight it. Youre white and rich, you have every chance to prove your innocence in court.
This action is very predictable from what we've seen from other woman dating celebrities and actually having the abuse documented on video.

This is just dumb. The deal offered by prosecution was just way too good to take off the table and subject himself and the mother of his child to a very expensive and very public trial that probably wouldnt have been resolved for a year or more.

PredsV82

Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Hearing a lot of IF's in this thread. The TRUTH is that he is currently serving a suspension for Domestic Abuse. Believe whatever or whoever you want.

So you believe there is nobody, anywhere, currently serving an unjustified punishment?

That's just a silly statement

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
It’s hard to make a decision without knowing the full details of what happened.

I know someone who was arrested for domestic abuse because his girlfriend threw a fit, hitting him and throwing things at him so he restrained her by holding her wrists. The police were called by a neighbour who heard yelling and they arrested him immediately without even questioning what was going on. His girlfriend trashed his place while he got hauled off to jail for the night.

And on the other hand there’s abusive people who literally hit their partner on a regular basis.

Without knowing which one applies to Watson, it’s hard to say.

He did plead no contest, which I do find a bit suspicious from an “innocent” person, but again I don’t know what possible incentives he may have been offered to do so.

Last edited:

PredsV82

Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Exactly. Some people's willingness to blindly accept this statement as gospel is a general lack of understanding the subject matter. I too find the delay in her statement odd but it could have been due to the ongoing appeal.

Putting it out before now would have raised the question of whether she was saying it just to help Austin's case with the NHL. Making the statement now after the entire process is finished should allow it to be accepted for what it is, an attempt to set the record straight and clear Austin's name

Reactions: ThreeOfAPerfectPair

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
1) There was a witness to the abuse who was the one who called the police. When you're doing something that's enough for an unrelated 3rd party to witness it and feels its significant enough to call the police for, you're fairly safe in assuming that he did in fact "physically touch her".

2) Innocent people plead not guilty when they go to court. If he was that worried about "defending his name" or whatever it is you think you're doing on his behalf, that was the time to do it. In reality, he pled no contest, and the judge felt that the facts of the case including the eyewitness warranted a guilty verdict. All the rest of this is just PR and spin after the fact to counter the extreme backlash from fans for having his suspension reduced.
what abuse? what did the witness EXACTLY see Watson do? I read the police report...go ahead with this lie and lets see what you come up with...someone caught an ARGUMENT that involved an intoxicated person, why do you people have to use worse words to try and prove your jaded agenda??

Reactions: Rasmi

PredsV82

Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box

Sorry but calling BS on the third party caling the cops being proof that something bad definitely happened. Look in the news at all the cases of the cops getting called on African Americans for no legit reason.

I'm sure the person who called the cops heard an argument going on. Beyond that nothing is certain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->