Should Austin Watson's suspension be rescinded?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
Of course not. Then the league will be known to support 'wife beaters'. Seriously though, all the info we knew about the situation never really gave a picture how it all happened (aggressor, defender on The situation, how drunk was she etc)

I doubt the suspension can be acted upon to either be prolonged or shortened anymore, am I correct?

Reactions: Pyrophorus

Helistin

Dustin's equilibrium
Aug 12, 2006
Close to you
this is why I am so sick of this social justice first mentality in this world, so may times nobody knows the truth or facts and then here you go...such a shame that Watson's name is trashed and a family is put into a spotlight like this and hurt even further...hope they all heal and move forward.

#freeAustin

Nah. Watson trashed his name all by himself. Read the police report.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
How do we know she isn't just saying this so they can get him paid for those 18 games and try and get his suspension removed?

Also to help his reputation since this could be a career killer

I really really hope she is telling the truth though
It's just messy. When the incident occurred she was very against the police coming and really didn't want him to get in trouble. So it's a possibility.

PerdFan

Oct 10, 2010
Watson’s girlfriend just posted a statement on IG. All of the Watson detractors need to read it.

Attachments

• AAE27116-3B1E-488A-85AD-855C85B8444B.jpeg
    AAE27116-3B1E-488A-85AD-855C85B8444B.jpeg
    365.8 KB · Views: 157

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Nah. Watson trashed his name all by himself. Read the police report.
I did, there was no real abuse besides a few marks on the legs that the arbitrator obviously felt wasn't from him either...The main person involved just said she was drunk and in AA and that he never physically touched her...no problems with the NHL taking a stand, but when shit like this happens and the real facts come out it is too late for a player to get his name back.

Helistin

Dustin's equilibrium
Aug 12, 2006
Close to you
I did, there was no real abuse besides a few marks on the legs that the arbitrator obviously felt wasn't from him either...The main person involved just said she was drunk and in AA and that he never physically touched her...no problems with the NHL taking a stand, but when **** like this happens and the real facts come out it is too late for a player to get his name back.

What?

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
Most women who have been victims of domestic abuse will deny and retract statements it is called battered woman's syndrome. This piece of **** beat her, and she is afraid that she will lose the lifestyle, 18 games is nothing he should be sitting the season!
Why not kick him out of the league then like Voynov was? Since the two are clearly the same on your mind as you got from the available information that he BEAT her?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->