Should Anderson stay or should he go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I'm a huge Pearl Jam fan, but that Lisa Loeb track was good enough that I feel I can vote based on hockey reasons and not music reasons.

"Stay" has my vote. Sorry Eddie, I'll make it up to you on the next Pearl Jam-themed poll.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Listening to Go right now

I think I might be due for a bit of a rediscovery of my teens and give Pearl Jam another whirl

Been a long time, basically stopped listening to them after Riot Act (which I thought was great at the time) as I got into more ambient music and classical

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
Then he'll likely end up in St Louis

Only problem is that St. Louis did that last year with Miller. They were still let down by goaltending. Well, goaltending, and just not being good enough to beat the Hawks.

I doubt the ship out another 1st++ for Anderson this year after they got bounced in the 1st round last year.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
I hope he goes for the very sake of proving to everyone how foolish it is to give Lehner starts. Andy is the best thing that this team has.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Wait...you love Pearl Jam too?!?

Did we just become best friends!?

Stepbrothers-yep-gif-1-.gif

Backpass

Jan 4, 2015
Last summer when Ottawa signed both goalies to a three year deal, I said to myself it was just a matter of time before Lehner takes over the number one position. It only made sens as it's way easier to trade an elite goaltender like Andersson when he's already lock in under contract.

Now, I don't think it will happen as planed since it is obvious that Lehner is not ready to take over the number one position. If Ottawa would trade Andersson now and givie Lehner the number one position and it doesn't work out, not only they will compromise the rest of the season, they may compromise the future of this team.

For me it would be either try to get the most on the trade maket for Lehner (maybe a young back-up for Andersson + a D) , or stay status quo for the goaltender position.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
And I'd certainly be ticked off if the team did get better over the next three years through prospects panning out and decent picks, but in that time, after having moved Anderson, we find Lehner isn't going to be the guy we all hoped he'd be. If Lehner never takes the job from Andy I'd rather sign a 36 yr old Anderson a year at a time until we do find the right guy.
Yeah but in 3 years what do you think Andy is going to be? Probably not what he is now.

BrawlFan

Apr 17, 2009
Keep Andy trade Lehner, the dude has been ballz and always lets in a few easy goals. Draft another goalie in the 3rd round and call it a day.

Backpass

Jan 4, 2015
Yeah but in 3 years what do you think Andy is going to be? Probably not what he is now.

Three years give us sufficient time to get an other number one goalie and maybe at that time, Andy can become our back-up goalie. The guy has class, and his really appreciated by his teammates and could act as a good mentor to a younger goaltender.

KAPOW

has no rispeck
Nov 12, 2008
at home
well, i think he should go but certainly not because of his performance.

thing is, anderson is 33 now, we are 3 or more years away from being a contender in the east. we are far behind other franchises. so by the time we might be able to say a word in the playoffs, anderson is most likely in the decline. anderson's personal developement and the development of the team unfortunately seems to be incompatible to me.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Three years give us sufficient time to get an other number one goalie and maybe at that time, Andy can become our back-up goalie. The guy has class, and his really appreciated by his teammates and could act as a good mentor to a younger goaltender.

Goalies and defenders are notorious for taking a while to develop (thanks tips) but my point here is that Anderson is 33 years old. It's not like he's already 37. I think he has plenty of years of great goaltending left. And when he does get over the hill, he'd be a great mentor/backup.

If the team is serious about contending at any point in the next 5 years, you keep Andy. He's one of the best players on the team. We used to be a goalie graveyard, let's try to actually keep a good goalie here. He has a great contract, too.

Why can't we just keep our goalies instead of purging one of them?

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Goalies and defenders are notorious for taking a while to develop (thanks tips) but my point here is that Anderson is 33 years old. It's not like he's already 37. I think he has plenty of years of great goaltending left. And when he does get over the hill, he'd be a great mentor/backup.

If the team is serious about contending at any point in the next 5 years, you keep Andy. He's one of the best players on the team. We used to be a goalie graveyard, let's try to actually keep a good goalie here. He has a great contract, too.

Why can't we just keep our goalies instead of purging one of them?

Wow! Common sense! We signed both goalies... Long term... To have both goalies. Anderson is at his absolute peak. And he might be still a top goalie at 36,37,38. Trading him now is basically throwing in the towel until 2018/19 or something like that.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I'm a huge Pearl Jam fan, but that Lisa Loeb track was good enough that I feel I can vote based on hockey reasons and not music reasons.

"Stay" has my vote. Sorry Eddie, I'll make it up to you on the next Pearl Jam-themed poll.

Is Phillips an "elderly woman behind the counter in a small town" or "the fixer" of our defense?

Is Karlsson the "Man of the hour" or "Nothingman"?

Are the Sens payoff hopes "Alive" or have we received our "Last kiss"?

Does this team draft "Jeremy" Roy, or "Yellow Ledbetter"...Hanifin... ok I don't have anything for Yellow Ledbetter, but I can't leave it out.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

That's what he's doing right now. Insulating a younger goalie. If not him though it can be someone else. We have a great goalie coach for mentoring

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
What we dont know is if he is an important voice in the dressing room. His slap at the rest of his team seemed to work pretty well for one game anyway.

However Anderson seems to have one good year and one bad year,both here and in Colorado almost like clock work, he had a bad year last year and is having a pretty good year this year.So maybe next year is his bad year and it will be harder to trade him then.

Step

It's been a tough year...
Nov 9, 2007
Ottawa
Best goaltender (aside from a little bit of a Hasek) that this franchise has ever had. We'd be absolute morons to let him leave.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Wait...you love Pearl Jam too?!?

Did we just become best friends!?

The fact that Eddie Vedder is a Wholigan of the highest order has always made me like Pearl Jam.

Oh yeah, err, Andy's gotta stay. Funny after allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll these years of wanting, clamoring, begging for a No.1 goalie, now people want to get rid of him!

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
IMO Sens should trade Anderson and give Lehner the net for rest of this season to get his game on track. Sens need to rebuild w young talent who can peak w our young studs. We need a big young centre w skill, like Mikhail Grigorenko.

Since this season may be BM's last hurrah, I expect Sens will fumble along in denial...with no specific plan. Team values loyalty to old vets #4, 9 >> winning

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
The fact that Eddie Vedder is a Wholigan of the highest order has always made me like Pearl Jam.

Oh yeah, err, Andy's gotta stay. Funny after allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll these years of wanting, clamoring, begging for a No.1 goalie, now people want to get rid of him!

Vedder is also the president of the Ramones official fan club.

Go Andy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad