Should Anderson stay or should he go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Is he you personal friend? If not, how can you say that?

cvJLTbi.gif

Laphroaig

Aug 26, 2011
The Town Fun Forgot
In order to trade Anderson you'd need to find a team that needs or wants him. Most teams are either set in goal or fully committed to re-building (tanking). The only team I see as a possible fit is San Jose. I know they're not thrilled with Antti Niemi and they're not yet ready to commit to a re-build. I don't have any idea what they'd be prepared to offer in return.

Backpass

Jan 4, 2015
Lets stop talking about Andersson trade for the rest of the year. If the Sens trade him this year, well not only will I loose faith in the team winning any games for the rest of the year, I will have also lost confidence in the management.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
I really think Murray should move Andy asap. All these saves Andy is making is doing nothing more than stunting Lehner's growth and development. Andy needs to realize his role on this team is to drive Lehner to compete more, not to damage his feelings.

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
Lets stop talking about Andersson trade for the rest of the year. If the Sens trade him this year, well not only will I loose faith in the team winning any games for the rest of the year, I will have also lost confidence in the management.

If Anderson gets traded, there will be no doubt that management has decided to rebuild.

fringie

May 20, 2013
Kanata
I don't want to trade Andy now, NOT before we know Lehner can handle the No 1 job. Look at Edmonton, they have got no tending for years, and have been rebuilding forever. Not saying never trade Andy, but not now.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
He is invaluable to this team's progression with stable goaltending and until Lehner is ready.

Unless he is part of a top 2-3 defender or a top 2-3 winger/center or moving us into top 3-5 in draft, he is going no where.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Sucks they closed the anderson thread on the trade board once it started coming out only three of the 15 goalies they said were better then andy have had a better save percentage then him since he became a sen. Or that hes played only like 30-50 nhl games less then price since becoming a sen. It was also pretty funny when it was said anderson isnt a starter because he gets mentally tired or physically tired as the season progress then it showed he actually gets better toward the end of the season. Then you could say hes a slow starter but that doesnt hold water because in the shortened season he started very strong.

Backpass

Jan 4, 2015
I really think Murray should move Andy asap. All these saves Andy is making is doing nothing more than stunting Lehner's growth and development. Andy needs to realize his role on this team is to drive Lehner to compete more, not to damage his feelings.

Are you serious blaming Andersson for Lehner not progressing the way he should. May I remind you that when Maclean was behind the bench Lehner was given a fair chance. Unfortunately he did not know how to take advantage of it and now that Cameron is the head coach, he put his best players on the ice so that he can show up his ability as a head coach. Lehner has started in 16 games so far with an average of .900 save and 3.16 goals against. In his last 4 starts, he has given 17 goals. Outch!:sarcasm:

Last edited:

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Are you serious blaming Andersson for Lehner not progressing the way he should. May I remind you that when Maclean was behind the bench Lehner was given a fair chance. Unfortunately he did not know how to take advantage of it and now that Cameron is the head coach, he put his best players on the ice so that he can shone as a coach. Lehner has started in 16 games so far with an average of .900 save and 3.16 goals against. In his last 4 starts, he has given 17 goals. Outch!:sarcasm:

Main was being sarcastic i believe. Can't tell if you are though lol even with the smiley thing. Main has been a noted Lehner detractor since i came on this board and i've seen him support andy quite a few times.

Tnouc Alucard

Sep 10, 2014
It always amazes me how, for such long time, Ottawa was searching for true NHL Starter, to play in goal for the Senators, and now that we have one, the Media has practically traded him, and even ask him about it. It's just so ridiculous, and there would be no way you'd get, in value to the team today, what you would ship out if he was traded. A year later, or even sooner, the same media would be berating the Senators for shipping out arguably their MVP.

Backpass

Jan 4, 2015
It always amazes me how, for such long time, Ottawa was searching for true NHL Starter, to play in goal for the Senators, and now that we have one, the Media has practically traded him, and even ask him about it. It's just so ridiculous, and there would be no way you'd get, in value to the team today, what you would ship out if he was traded. A year later, or even sooner, the same media would be berating the Senators for shipping out arguably their MVP.

It's the humanity side of us, never being satisfied with things in general. When it cold we wish it was warmer, when it warmer we complain that it too hot. :laugh:

Lets keep Anderson and trade Lehner.:yo:

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
He is invaluable to this team's progression with stable goaltending and until Lehner is ready.

Unless he is part of a top 2-3 defender or a top 2-3 winger/center or moving us into top 3-5 in draft, he is going no where.

This.

If Anderson gets traded, there will be no doubt that management has decided to rebuild.

Not this.

Sens have finally a N.1 as good as most teams and not only medias but many fans wish we are actually going to trade him. If only we could get a first round pick!

Maybe if that pick was top-10 (or top-15 this year), I'd really think about it but common... Stability in goaltending is very important, Lehner is not ready and that's why Andy was extended. Nothing wrong with Lehner as a back-up for now, like Rask behind Thomas

It's the humanity side of us, never being satisfied with things in general. When it cold we wish it was warmer, when it warmer we complain that it too hot. :laugh:

Lets keep Anderson and trade Lehner.:yo:

That's more the "north american/occidental" mentality. A lot of people on this planet are not whiny bratz. Money and comfort makes that.

Last edited:

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
It's a tough call on what to do with Anderson, if they do trade him Ottawa will have a huge hole in net & no one knows for sure if Lehner will ever be a #1 goalie, he has yet to prove that at the NHL level. If they keep Anderson he could easily regress & not play as well next season & his value would drop, we just don't know with him. There could be other goalies available this summer like Niemi or Enroth that Ottawa could sign to challenge Lehner but if they do trade Anderson I would imagine it would be for a late first or a good prospect or good young NHL player. We could have a pretty good goalie coming in Hogberg but that remains to be seen.

Backpass

Jan 4, 2015
It's a tough call on what to do with Anderson, if they do trade him Ottawa will have a huge hole in net & no one knows for sure if Lehner will ever be a #1 goalie, he has yet to prove that at the NHL level. If they keep Anderson he could easily regress & not play as well next season & his value would drop, we just don't know with him. There could be other goalies available this summer like Niemi or Enroth that Ottawa could sign to challenge Lehner but if they do trade Anderson I would imagine it would be for a late first or a good prospect or good young NHL player. We could have a pretty good goalie coming in Hogberg but that remains to be seen.

Do agree, but if we keep Anderson we know on July first we will be shopping for a backup goaltender. If you trade Anderson and Lehner does terrible for the rest of the season, not only will you have a team playing with hesitation, on July 1st are we shopping for number one or a number 2 goalie? At least with Anderson we know what we have.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Well Cameron's comments after crushing the Smurfs really makes it seem like the coaching staff will argue that keeping Anderson is the right call

That was not a vote of confidence for Lehner, good on the coach for calling him out

Backpass

Jan 4, 2015
Well Cameron's comments after crushing the Smurfs really makes it seem like the coaching staff will argue that keeping Anderson is the right call

That was not a vote of confidence for Lehner, good on the coach for calling him out

Hope they won't trade him. If Lehner would have been able to prove himself as the #1 goalie, then we would have had a good trading asset in Anderson. But it is not the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad