Should Anderson stay or should he go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedWhiteBlackGold

Veteran User
Feb 22, 2007
Charlottetown, PE
Anderson might have the most value other than Karlsson and Ryan, but you need a netminder to give your team a chance so they can learn how to win. If your goalie is as weak as your team, than you are the Oilers with RNH, Eberle, Hall, etc.

Wasn't long ago we had a good team with Emery, Gerber, Leclaire, Auld....and yet we accomplished nothing. A losing attitude if you ask me.

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
Anderson might have the most value other than Karlsson and Ryan, but you need a netminder to give your team a chance so they can learn how to win. If your goalie is as weak as your team, than you are the Oilers with RNH, Eberle, Hall, etc.

Wasn't long ago we had a good team with Emery, Gerber, Leclaire, Auld....and yet we accomplished nothing. A losing attitude if you ask me.

And I'd certainly be ticked off if the team did get better over the next three years through prospects panning out and decent picks, but in that time, after having moved Anderson, we find Lehner isn't going to be the guy we all hoped he'd be. If Lehner never takes the job from Andy I'd rather sign a 36 yr old Anderson a year at a time until we do find the right guy.

RedWhiteBlackGold

Veteran User
Feb 22, 2007
Charlottetown, PE
And I'd certainly be ticked off if the team did get better over the next three years through prospects panning out and decent picks, but in that time, after having moved Anderson, we find Lehner isn't going to be the guy we all hoped he'd be. If Lehner never takes the job from Andy I'd rather sign a 36 yr old Anderson a year at a time until we do find the right guy.

Well if Lehner can't take the job from Andy within 3 years then at least we have somewhat of a solid netminder until then.. If in 3 years Lehner hasn't shown he's capable of holding his own and being the number 1, then we start looking for a backup/replacement with potential to do so.

As of this season Lehner has been inconsistent and recently more in a slump. It's how he responds from this season whether he proves he is capable of being a starting goalie or whether he peaked early and doesn't have anything more to offer.

Scrub*

Team Canada
Dec 28, 2008
Yes, please trade Lehner for not being a stud so early on.

Playing like borderline NHL goalie at the moment with some potential still. We have Anderson signed until 2018. Trade Lehner for a good left defenceman or a 1st/2nd round pick. Hope for playoffs in 2017 or 2018 seasons.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Can we get a 2015 1st round pick in the top 10 for him?

Can we get a #1 center?

Can we get a top pairing dman?

If the answer to all of those is no, Andy stays.

Liliaceae

hockey
Jun 21, 2007
Canada
images

:laugh:

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
No teams need goaltending right now. go down the list of playoff teams and teams that are close, they all have solid goaltending.

cage

Apr 25, 2004
We're 9th worst team in the league right now with Anderson. Does it really matter if we keep him or trade him? We suck either way. I think it would get very ugly without him on the ice and that can lead to off-ice problems as well, but there's also some payoff with a better draft pick.

I too thought Lehner was the future and that he would make Anderson expendable. It would be so much simpler if he wasn't struggling so badly

hattrick3518

Jan 31, 2011
B-Ham
He's been good in Ottawa, not sure though that there would be a bidding war for his services, though if Berra gets a 2nd and Dubie gets a 3rd, then Andy could get a kings ransom. I'd say shop him and drop him if the offers are too good to be true.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
Injuries in 3....2.....1..........

It would be different if he was UFA next year. Detroit knows Howard is coming back in weeks/months etc.

I find goalies are usually traded in the offseason when a playoff contender gets knocked out because of a shoddy goaltending performance.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
It would be different if he was UFA next year. Detroit knows Howard is coming back in weeks/months etc.

I find goalies are usually traded in the offseason when a playoff contender gets knocked out because of a shoddy goaltending performance.

Then he'll likely end up in St Louis

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
Stay! A good team needs solid goaltending. As much as I like to root for Lehner, he hasn't demonstrated that he can be a solid #1 in the NHL. I hope that he proves me wrong.

Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad