Confirmed with Link: Shootings Canada's Parliament

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
I think they're still trying to sort it all out. I don't think they know if the shooter at the War Memorial is the same worthless sack of **** shot in the Parliament building.

They're now confirming that it was the same guy. They've named him. Video showing him getting into his car after shooting the soldier and then he drove to the Parliament where he was shot and killed in the Centre Block. Security guard / cop there also shot in the leg and wounded.

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
The Sargent at Arms who had the mind to grab his gun from his office, then go back and reload is a hero.

ISIS is taking credit for it too according to the politics board. Can we please do something about those disillusioned scum of the Earth?

ISIS:A group of cowards incapable of creation or advancement, just destruction. Such terrorist groups could never build Trade Towers or create a society that would require a Parliament. If they want to act like cave men, then maybe we should send them back to the stone age...

Last edited:

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
I would like to say something meaningful and eloquent but I'm just to f***ing mad at this moment...

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
This reminds me of what happened here in Moncton this past June where a nut case shot and killed 3 RCMP officers and wounded 2 others. Sad to see these things happening right here at home, although the guy in Moncton was not a terrorist he was merely insane.

I don't see ISIS ever giving up and they are funded by someone or organization with loads of money, sad to say but the only way to end something like that group is how we ended WWII. I know some will be upset by this comment , but when you think about it, it may someday come down to them or us.

Thoughts and prayers go to the victim's family and friends, for the rest of my countrymen in Ottawa please stay safe.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I would like to say something meaningful and eloquent but I'm just to f***ing mad at this moment...

I can understand that. I feel sad...again. :(

It is so hard to comprehend how anyone can be that evil.

I just hope they find ALL involved and try to see why this happened.

Boston BROin

Marchand makes u mad
Feb 29, 2008
NYC
This reminds me of what happened here in Moncton this past June where a nut case shot and killed 3 RCMP officers and wounded 2 others. Sad to see these things happening right here at home, although the guy in Moncton was not a terrorist he was merely insane.

I don't see ISIS ever giving up and they are funded by someone or organization with loads of money, sad to say but the only way to end something like that group is how we ended WWII. I know some will be upset by this comment , but when you think about it, it may someday come down to them or us.

Thoughts and prayers go to the victim's family and friends, for the rest of my countrymen in Ottawa please stay safe.

I understand the fear, I live in NYC, but a weapon of that magnitude should never be used by a nation ever again.

hawkeye99

Nov 16, 2008

And where exactly would you drop this bomb?

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I understand the fear, I live in NYC, but a weapon of that magnitude should never be used by a nation ever again.

I certainly understand your point, but my fear is that if this group of cowards with their rich funding ever get their hands on that kind of weapon they would have no problem using it. Lets all hope God is with us always.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
I said this during Boston and it feels the same here.

There's a time and place to discuss the political implications and world landscape. Is today that day? I don't think so, in my humble opinion.

Today should be about honoring Corporal Nathan Cirillo and the good people of Ottawa.

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital

Yeah, much better to wait for a homicidal follower of the "religion of peace" with no state affiliation (or no recognized state) to fulfill his twisted, barbaric dream of setting the world ablaze. We can then share a drink at a table in the next world and comfort ourselves that we took the moral high ground.

It's one thing to be killed; it's another to commit suicide. Even worse is death by moral suicide.

NightmanCometh

Feb 11, 2014
Minnesota
And where exactly would you drop this bomb?

In the Middle-East, duh. :sarcasm:

Keeping it on topic, this was a terrible tragedy but thanks to the quick actions by Kevin Vickers many lives were most likely saved. Evil exists in every race, creed, and ethnicity. Thankfully good men like Kevin Vickers usually far outnumber them.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Yeah, much better to wait for a homicidal follower of the "religion of peace" with no state affiliation (or no recognized state) to fulfill his twisted, barbaric dream of setting the world ablaze. We can then share a drink at a table in the next world and comfort ourselves that we took the moral high ground.

It's one thing to be killed; it's another to commit suicide. Even worse is death by moral suicide.

Surely using a nuclear weapon in Syria wouldn't cause there to be more people with a blood feud with the West? I mean the US would have proved their moral superiority?

That is the worst thought through argument I have ever heard.

Anyway... I am from Ottawa, in Ottawa. Actually a patient at the hospital where they treated the victims. The hospital remained open with some police presence and only a couple of entrances open, monitored by security. Lots of reporters on the sidewalk, cameras pointed at the ambulance bay.

People seem somewhat alarmed, but not totally freaked out. Had friends downtown. Their office was locked down until 4:00. I think things will return to normal.

My opinion is that the shooter was mentally ill and not really much of a terrorists, but that we are lucky he only killed one person and not a dozen.

Thanks to Boston for the support.

Somehow this seems surreal to me. The Boston Bombing felt more alarming. Weird. I feel horrible for the young soldier killed pointlessly by a sick lunatic.

General Zodd

May 6, 2013
Toronto
Thanks to all our Boston brothers for their support today. We will be stronger because of this! God bless Canada and America!!:handclap:

SPB2776

Jun 4, 2009
I was in Ottawa 10 years ago at this time. One of the most beautiful cities I've ever been to. I can't wait to go back up there

There has been a kinship of sorts between Ottawa and Boston for a while now, and my thoughts and prayers definitely go to the people up there and to the soldier who was so senselessly murdered. Boston is behind you Ottawa (emotionally, and in the standings).

As Papi told us all when we had our troubles last year STAY STRONG

hawkeye99

Nov 16, 2008
In the Middle-East, duh. :sarcasm:

Keeping it on topic, this was a terrible tragedy but thanks to the quick actions by Kevin Vickers many lives were most likely saved. Evil exists in every race, creed, and ethnicity. Thankfully good men like Kevin Vickers usually far outnumber them.

Right smack in the middle of the Middle East? I guess. If you don't mind wiping out a lot of innocent people. Not sure what that would accomplish?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad