Confirmed with Link: Shootings Canada's Parliament

Scar 11

Go Bruins Go
Mar 12, 2013
Ontario Canada
This is crazy up here yesterday day a guy in Quebec hit 2 soldiers pretty much stocked them the run him over with his car and then this happens today. Sad day for Canada

BklyNBruiN

May 7, 2009
www.amishrakefight.org
I will never ever forget what I saw on September 11, 2001 in my neighborhood of Bay Ridge Brooklyn NY during that morning in which the attacks on the twin towers were taking place.. I was on 5th Ave and 69st which is a predominately Arab neighborhood that runs along 5th Ave and they were out at the Cafe's, stores etc celebrating the attacks that were carried out that morning!

I'll never forget that.. We are at War!

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
My brother and fiancee are in lock down, not sure when either will be allowed home. I'm just chillin right now, not much I can do. Waiting to hear if flights will be grounded. Confirmed 3rd shooter beside the mall, really hope the 3rd is the last.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Sad news about the memorial soldier. RIP :(

And the Leafs Sens game has been appropriately postponed.

kytem2

Nov 18, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
This is crazy up here yesterday day a guy in Quebec hit 2 soldiers pretty much stocked them the run him over with his car and then this happens today. Sad day for Canada

Note, as referenced by Scar 11, here is an article on the terrorist attack in Quebec on Monday where one Canadian soldier was killed.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/suspec...n-quebec-had-become-radicalized-pmo-1.2062419

So, the attack in Ottawa is the second terrorist attack in Canada in the span of 2 days.

The Toronto Ottawa game is canceled.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
My thoughts are prayers are with everyone in Ottawa. Its a terrible feeling to have something like that happen. Hope they catch the rest of the people/person/persons.

I hope its not connected to that damn terrorist group.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Today we are all reminded that hockey is just a game and that we truly are one big dysfunctional family who, despite the bickering and differences, truly cares about each other.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
My heart goes out to the family of the fallen soldier on guard at the War Memorial.

Two other victims are in hospital and hopefully will make a full recovery. One gunman was killed but it seems the other(s) is still on the loose.

I hope everyone stays inside and stops posting information on Facebook and Twitter.

Bad Puck Bounce

Run Ralphie Run
Feb 4, 2014
Denver, Colorado
Today we are all reminded that hockey is just a game and that we truly are one big dysfunctional family who, despite the bickering and differences, truly cares about each other.

Amen.

The support and compassion I see today makes me so proud to be Canadian.To those in Ottawa or affected, stay strong. You're in our thoughts and prayers.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Thoughts are with the family of the soldier who was killed. Scary situation. Hope everyone in Ottawa is staying safe.

Details still pretty sketchy, beyond the soldier killed at the War Memorial and a suspect shot and killed inside the Parliament building.

I watched the police press conference and they hardly had any information to share. Wouldn't even confirm how many shooters may be involved or if any are still on the loose - just that the downtown core is in lockdown.

Now seeing reports on CBC of 4 shooting victims having arrived at hospitals - no confirmation on whether these are victims or suspects or both.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Got home from work and was hoping for some up to date information-looks like there isn't much yet.

Sorry to hear about the shootings and glad the NHL opted to postpone the game-in the big picture it's just a game and hopefully the police get the shooters and everyone will be safe.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
Thoughts are with the family of the soldier who was killed. Scary situation. Hope everyone in Ottawa is staying safe.

Details still pretty sketchy, beyond the soldier killed at the War Memorial and a suspect shot and killed inside the Parliament building.

I watched the police press conference and they hardly had any information to share. Wouldn't even confirm how many shooters may be involved or if any are still on the loose - just that the downtown core is in lockdown.

Now seeing reports on CBC of 4 shooting victims having arrived at hospitals - no confirmation on whether these are victims or suspects or both.

I think they're still trying to sort it all out. I don't think they know if the shooter at the War Memorial is the same worthless sack of **** shot in the Parliament building.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
The Sargent at Arms who had the mind to grab his gun from his office, then go back and reload is a hero.

ISIS is taking credit for it too according to the politics board. Can we please do something about those disillusioned scum of the Earth?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad