Confirmed with Link: Shootings Canada's Parliament

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
The problem being that they are Canadian citizens, we would have to let them back.

The government is in the process of trying to find the people going over there and will revoke their citizenship or jail them. If a family knows a member is radicalized and fails to report them they are as guilty as the family member.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
Brucex23%20RGB_12.jpg

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
because they will go and get trained in the skill of warfare...perhaps even bomb creation and then potentially return here (to NA) where they will be even more dangerous. What needs to happen id=s that these individuals need to be sought out and isolated and then imprisoned.

prison? Speaking of training grounds....

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
No I don't think they could do that to their own citizens, which sucks. But I bet they could let them over there and then have them detained over there once they arrive. But all the bleeding hearts and media would talk about the great tragedy of treating our own citizens in such a manner.

The guy that ran down the soldier in Quebec had had his passport revoked. The problem you guys aren't considering with the "just let them go over there" idea, is what if these guys go over and join ISIL, then go plant bombs or cause terror in the US or UK or anywhere else? Then everyone would be saying "How could Canada ID these guys as possibly radicalized and then let them go to become international terrorists?"

Not sure if the guy in Ottawa had been identified by the authorities, but the guy in Quebec was.

Last edited:

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Let's not forget that anyone who believes in killing in the name of Islam, Christianity or Judaism, has NOT been reading their holy books properly. They're just hate machines hiding behind religion.

tom nuetten

Mar 24, 2011
Germany
I´ll never understand how anyone can do something like that. (will never understand starting wars to fight terrorism either)

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
I´ll never understand how anyone can do something like that. (will never understand starting wars to fight terrorism either)

Who started what wars? Living in Germany should make you ultra sensitive, and help in understanding the evil in the world. Terrible people who threaten our freedoms will always be met head on.

God bless the soldiers who serve and protect.

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
Who started what wars? Living in Germany should make you ultra sensitive, and help in understanding the evil in the world. Terrible people who threaten our freedoms will always be met head on.

God bless the soldiers who serve and protect.

------------
Don't think 2014 German needs to put on their shoulder for eternity second war II.

I'm with you on God bless the soldiers who serve and protect!

In this week both case... evil were local! Freedom is also threaten by Inside, not only oversea.

I feel sad. I feel mad. My country was attack by an outside propaganda...execute by local!

All I can say is I'm hurt. Canada is hurt. As fo our freedom, alot died to provide it to us. Now it is our responsability to protect it. And to protect it does not always pass thru wars.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
We knew Sergeant-at-Arms Kevin Vickers is a hero; now we're finding out that he's a badass hero. Dude's 58.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/ott...d-the-attack-on-parliament-1.2812802?cmp=fbtl

In one motion, sources told CBC News he dove to the floor around the pillar, at the feet of Bibeau, turning on his back as he landed and simultaneously firing his weapon upwards at Bibeau.

Bibeau was hit multiple times and fell to the ground. Vickers kept firing, emptying his entire magazine.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Let's not forget that anyone who believes in killing in the name of Islam, Christianity or Judaism, has NOT been reading their holy books properly. They're just hate machines hiding behind religion.

Your post is very true. I hope everyone keeps it in mind.

Yeti of the Flow

Jun 9, 2011
Boston

Actually, this is entirely false. All of those texts clearly outline when it's okay to kill.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Actually, this is entirely false. All of those texts clearly outline when it's okay to kill.

I'm thinking "Thou shalt not kill" is pretty clear. I don't see a footnote there - *unless you don't like what someone believes in, then go ahead and butcher them.

Seen plenty of Imams and Islamic scholars state that the Koran does not sanction killing innocents etc. I'll take their word over yours.

Yeti of the Flow

Jun 9, 2011
Boston
I'm thinking "Thou shalt not kill" is pretty clear. I don't see a footnote there - *unless you don't like what someone believes in, then go ahead and butcher them.

Seen plenty of Imams and Islamic scholars state that the Koran does not sanction killing innocents etc. I'll take their word over yours.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_capital_crimes_in_the_Torah

http://islam.about.com/cs/law/a/c_punishment.htm

What they say, and what the texts say are often very different.

MetM

Nov 29, 2009

I don't agree.. the problem with Islam are not the fundamentalists...
It's the fundamentals. All religions are cancers but Islam is the worst.
The Quran (just like the bible) was written by barbarians long ago, the fact that it's called "holy" book is obscene.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad