Confirmed with Link: Sheldon Keefe extended 2 years

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
at one of the most critical times in franchise history, Shanahan hires a 30-year old rookie to handle the contracts of several of the greatest players to become available to this team in many decades. Not a veteran hockey man, but a 30-year old kid who never stepped foot in the NHL - to handle multi-million dollar deals with potentially some of the best players in the world. Right there is proof in the pudding that there are no words to describe how incompetently this organisation is operated. It's so utterly stupid that it just HAS to be intentional... right?

Matthews and Marner can't wait to get out. Tavares looks just as expired and checked out.

Dubas hired this Keefe guy because he wants to take care of his homie and get him a job to cash in. Never mind hiring a real proven veteran NHL coach, let's just hire another rookie who never stepped foot in the NHL lol. Meanwhile Shanaplan hides in the shadows collecting his huge cheques as well.

The whole thing is an embarassment and this rebuild project looks to be about over.

This is Shanahan's 8th season lol. Yes, 8th. Approaching a full decade. And no playoff victories in all that time with all that talent on the roster. How do you keep your job for 8 years and never win a playoff roundl lol. Nothing to show for it but a bunch of rookie managers and rookie coaches and a bunch of immature entitled players who are moping around and trying to work their way off this team and out of this city. A total embarassment and total failure. The laughs just keep coming

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
There was a time getting a job with the Leafs was a thing of experience
You paid your dues to become a Leaf in any capacity

GM's used to be someone with pedigree, some touch of class and experience
Coaches used to be a bluecollar workman, who paid his dues, paid the price in this league

Now, anyone and everyone gets a job. Just look pretty, speak well
I was looking at the bench coaches. We look like a college team or a bunch of Deloitte Consultants
Nicely dressed, polished

How I miss Pat Burns and Quinn. I miss that coaches that had fighting spirits

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Tortella might be the answer
He’s only the answer to a different GM.

Like Babcock he would not share the same vision as the current GM.

Unless Torts is willing to answer media questions in this fashion: Well, it’s our goal to maximize the potential of an individual to extrapolate the necessary tools for advancement and growth on a sliding curve… not likely.

vs. Lou. We work hard to win.

daethfromabove1979

Jun 20, 2006
At this point I am willing to bring back Babcock

I'm starting to feel bad for relentlessly crapping on Babcock while he was with the Leafs. At least Babcock lost closely to good teams in the playoffs, Washington, Boston x2. His teams also weren't as good as the ones Keefe has been given.

Keefe lost to Columbus and Montreal. Two terrible teams that we should have owned. The guy is a clown but it's on the players too, it just looks like they don't care/compete hard.

Reactions: mcleex

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Keefe. He was out to lunch.
he threw M and M under the bus after the 5th game and they and the team gave him a f*** you during the Pens game

tonight he just looked like a person who knows he's f***ed , the team gave an effort tonight , we're just not good enough

when 2/3rds of your forwards are replacement level players , your 2nd D pairings and num 2 C's game has fallen off a cliff your team isn't going anywhere

Canucky

Jun 19, 2021
Beer farts and mustard stains. Miss the old days. Love hear Don Cherry's take on the state of the leafs.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
I think a new GM would be a full rebuild trigger, and the new GM would be able to see the team during the year and size up the situation.

Not sure the Leafs want a full rebuild yet.

At the same time, the players aren't playing. The gambling world doesn't like tanking. Bettman will be talking to Shanahan soon if it continues

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
He’s only the answer to a different GM.

Like Babcock he would not share the same vision as the current GM.

Unless Torts is willing to answer media questions in this fashion: Well, it’s our goal to maximize the potential of an individual to extrapolate the necessary tools for advancement and growth on a sliding curve… not likely.

vs. Lou. We work hard to win.

Torts cracked under pressure from Columbus's media. He'd be eaten alive here

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Lol it wasn’t the media there.

He threw a hissy fit and stormed out in the middle of a press conference. He may have been angry with his players that night, but it's his job to deal with the media too. And it wasn't the first time that sort of thing has happened with him either

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
He threw a hissy fit and stormed out in the middle of a press conference. He may have been angry with his players that night, but it's his job to deal with the media too. And it wasn't the first time that sort of thing has happened with him either
He’s a hot head, but it certainly wasn’t the feeble Columbus press crop that broke him.

Rogue Leader

Oct 12, 2019
Corellia
I would really want to see if the players will respond to Torts.
Bc Torts will make them into MEN.
I really think that Torts has no chance with our bunch. They will tune him out even before he arrives. Matthews, Marner and Tavares have their contracts and I don't know what he can do to turn them into men. I don't even think benching them will have an effect.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I really think that Torts has no chance with our bunch. They will tune him out even before he arrives. Matthews, Marner and Tavares have their contracts and I don't know what he can do to turn them into men. I don't even think benching them will have an effect.
Torts would bag skate them every day for maximum time da NHL allows .. there would be no pucks on da ice .. then he would run da hitting drill for rest of practice .. nothing more would need to be said .. no one yells .. no discussions .. no permissions sought .. eventually da guys who can't do it get traded or sent down .. it was da old school way .. it should have occurred with this group years ago

Reactions: Rogue Leader

Rogue Leader

Oct 12, 2019
Corellia
Torts would bag skate them every day for maximum time da NHL allows .. there would be no pucks on da ice .. then he would run da hitting drill for rest of practice .. nothing more would need to be said .. no one yells .. no discussions .. no permissions sought .. eventually da guys who can't do it get traded or sent down .. it was da old school way .. it should have occurred with this group years ago
I support this, but do they actually have to obey him? I mean if he says do bag skate and Marner says “yeah right” - can he force him? And if they are not willing to win for Keefe who is like their best pal - I don’t aee them motivated to win for Torts.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I support this, but do they actually have to obey him? I mean if he says do bag skate and Marner says “yeah right” - can he force him? And if they are not willing to win for Keefe who is like their best pal - I don’t aee them motivated to win for Torts.
Guys who don't comply go on paid leave until they are traded .. there are lots of guys who want to play in da show and do whatever it takes .. team needs a leader as clearly it does not have a warrior to run things

Reactions: Rogue Leader

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA

Exactly.

May as well just ask 34, 88, and 16 where they want to be traded to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad