Confirmed with Link: Sheldon Keefe extended 2 years

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
I knew that Sheldon Keefe uses fear tactics when coaching the SSM Greyhounds and I knew they would never work coaching multi millionaire. He would often tell the SSM players that he can sniff out coach killers because he was one.

I also knew that Sheldon Keefe is not a tactician that is capable of coaching at the NHL level. In Keefes last season he rode Tony DeAngelo 25-30+ minutes a game and he carried them for a large stretch. DeAngelo looked like Bobby Orr, and when he got injured in the playoffs Keefe couldn’t adjust and got badly exposed by Erie Otters HC Kris Knoblauch. It was very obvious that Keefe was not ready to move up.

Keefe has poor character, he doesn’t command the respect of the locker room, and he is not a tactician. He should not be an NHL HC and when he gets fired after this season he will never get another NHL HC job. It is a disgrace that a team like the Leafs (who have more resources than any NHL team) have a head coach so far in over his head. He was obviously a cancer as a player, but people can grow so I did not care about that.
As he gets an extension lol

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
I am equally bad at my job as Keefe as being a coach. Why don't I get an extension?
What about giving people extension or a raise based on performance? Maybe wait until the year end to see how that pans out ?

You lost to a zamboni driver. Check
Losing to Columbus at home playing 5 games. Check
Losing to Montreal being up 3-1 at home again. Check
Monumental comeback loss to Ottawa - Check

All that gets you an extension instead of being fired?

but as some of you said. I must be just complaining. Let me put my happy face on

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Makes sense. Avoid distractions. If it goes well, you have him for 2 years. If not, they are all gone.

Does it though? I mean you could have easily said we will revaulate end of the year. Based on his performance and stuff

Or does Dubas feels that he's a goner anways, so let me just give him free money because Dubas is actually a nice guy. Kinda like Simmonds

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Does it though? I mean you could have easily said we will revaulate end of the year. Based on his performance and stuff

Or does Dubas feels that he's a goner anways, so let me just give him free money because Dubas is actually a nice guy. Kinda like Simmonds
Apparently, they don’t want the distraction and this eliminates that. I say he knows he’s on the clock this year, so it’s unnecessary. He’s don’t absolutely nothing to deserve an extension, but Dubas wants everyone nice and comfy at all times.

forecheck

May 14, 2007
Token 2 yr extension means nothing at MLSE - they have that money in their back pocket .... Cant have a Coach coaching on an expiring deal ,,,, What were they going to do give him a 1 yr extension ????

The guy continues to prove over and over he is in WAY over his head ... Example Marner plays 20 + minutes in Exhibtion game # 1 ????? Get rid of this clown

Reactions: MJK and fahad203

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
A tale of two finishes between the regular season and playoffs, but the former was nonetheless a solid development. Coaching/management contracts aren't like player contracts anyway.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009

Do coaches even get 5 year contract? I know we gave one to Babcock but he was a superstart type of coach

What has Sheldon to deserve any extension.

Distraction? welcome to the big league bud. When you suck as much as you do, you have brought that faith on you
Deal with it or get a job at Arizona. Nobody will care about your lack of success there. There will be no distraction

That's bs if you ask me. That's just Kyle being softie because his BFF needs a new suit or something

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Token 2 yr extension means nothing at MLSE - they have that money in their back pocket .... Cant have a Coach coaching on an expiring deal ,,,, What were they going to do give him a 1 yr extension ????

The guy continues to prove over and over he is in WAY over his head ... Example Marner plays 20 + minutes in Exhibtion game # 1 ????? Get rid of this clown
Sorry is that how much Mitch played? Good lord.

nobody

Aug 8, 2017

I mean, he's got this team playing at a 108 point pace (which would be a Leafs record) since he's taken over? While Marner has flourished at both ends of the ice, Matthews has won a rocket and the Leafs defense has looked competent? Yea, let's get rid of the guy.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
I mean, he's got this team playing at a 108 point pace (which would be a Leafs record) since he's taken over? While Marner has flourished at both ends of the ice, Matthews has won a rocket and the Leafs defense has looked competent? Yea, let's get rid of the guy.

You know you really have to keep using that stat. That stat means bs playing in North. You could have been aiming at 120 points season and he still should have been fired
You have been given Auston Matthews, John Tavares, Mitch Marner and Nylander. If you can't despite of that get me 100+ points you shouldn't have any ambition of being a coach to begin with

That should be the minimum, not the achievement

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
The distraction of having to coach in your final year?Rather they handed out contracts based on results instead. In some places, pressure is supposed to be a good motivator. Guess that doesn’t apply here lol.
What has he done to deserve an extension? Why is he being “rewarded” for being out coached two years in a row? Let him sit on the hot seat, it’s about time, but of course Dubas doesn’t roll that way.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
You know you really have to keep using that stat. That stat means bs playing in North. You could have been aiming at 120 points season and he still should have been fired
You have been given Auston Matthews, John Tavares, Mitch Marner and Nylander. If you can't despite of that get me 100+ points you shouldn't have any ambition of being a coach to begin with

That should be the minimum, not the achievement
Imagine bragging about the regular season, but then also slagging Babs who has the record. The way people compartmentalize here is something. Oh the regular season, what a triumph. I’m still hungover from that party.

Last edited:

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
There will be hot takes in here but he’s a good, underrated coach. I know we’re all angry about the playoffs but he’s not responsible for five series losses.

I’ll take the fantastic regular season performance and the vastly improved defense over a handful of bad playoff games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad