Confirmed with Link: Sheldon Keefe extended 2 years

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
Tired of seeing this same PP1 for over a season and it's still trash. You need a guy planted infront! Ritchie needs to be on the top PP for that and Simmonds on PP2. This cute stuff with all our stars isn't working at all and I don't know why they refuse to fix it

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Zamboni driver -
Loss to Ottawa after being up 5 goals
Columbus loss, a team that can't score playing at home for 5 games
Montreal loss after being up 3-1
Loss to Penguins, a team that has lost their top 5 players

You have to be something special to be this bad in just 2 years

There are coaches who have been coaching for 20 years don't have half of these records
Even if they did, they also have winning records to match it

Reactions: Mopar

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Keep in mind this is how the team plays after Keefe's first full training camp.

It seems the more time they spend with this coach the worse they get.

I guess you could try Bruce Boudreau to shake things up. But the All or Nothing would seem to imply Dubas and Keefe kind of co-captain this thing, so do both heads roll? I don't care about either, but firing the GM 2 weeks into the season feels like extra dysfunctional. Not sure where this organization goes from here.

Reactions: makbeer

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
I don't even blame Keefe, it's clearly Dubas' fault. Your supposed to build around the core and we've been doing the opposite.

To surround Matthews, Marner, Rielly and Nylander we went from

Kadri, Bozak, JVR, Brown, Kapanen, and Hyman

To

Tavares, Bunting, Ritchie, Kerfoot, Engvall, and Kampf.

The talent isnt even close, you can blame Tavares all you want but he was like losing Bozak + JVR, not the rest of those guys...

makbeer

Sep 28, 2006
I guess you could try Bruce Boudreau to shake things up. But the All or Nothing would seem to imply Dubas and Keefe kind of co-captain this thing, so do both heads roll? I don't care about either, but firing the GM 2 weeks into the season feels like extra dysfunctional. Not sure where this organization goes from here.

it is a culture problem and I think it requires a change in the core. But first you need to change gm/coach because you can’t have Dubas in charge of moving a core piece.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I don't even blame Keefe, it's clearly Dubas' fault. Your supposed to build around the core and we've been doing the opposite.

To

The talent isnt even close, you can blame Tavares all you want but he was like losing Bozak + JVR, not the rest of those guys...
You could not keep the depth because there is no money. You only had that depth before the 3 got their big contracts and some of those depth guys got bigger deal too elsewhere.

Reality is, only 7 players have a cap hit of more than 10.5 million.....and the Leafs have 3 of them.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN

If they make a coaching/management change he is 100% my preference for coach

He's a guy whose not afraid to stand up to star players but at the same.time doesn't need to become a villain. He's also a good balance between old school hockey and more analytically inclined approaches

Reactions: stickty111

Wrong Wilson

Hanta Yo!
Nov 17, 2019
Toronto, ON

True. I don't think you can fire Keefe without firing Dubas and vice versa.

Reactions: ultra63

17 Clark

Mar 22, 2015
Keep in mind this is how the team plays after Keefe's first full training camp.

It seems the more time they spend with this coach the worse they get.
Are they playing the Mike Babcock game spoiled little children get the coach fired I think he’s a shit coach but if the players are doing this they need to get rid of them get away with it once not twice

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
If they make a coaching/management change he is 100% my preference for coach

He's a guy whose not afraid to stand up to star players but at the same.time doesn't need to become a villain. He's also a good balance between old school hockey and more analytically inclined approaches

He’s also charming!

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
This isn't on Keefe. This is a player problem. However if Dubas goes then Keefe is gone too.

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON

To

Well yeah you can only afford those guys because Nylander, Matthews, and Marner were on ELCs. Even if Marner didn't take Dubby to the Shed and Matthews didn't grab every penny he could get we would still lose a couple of those guys.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I think Shanny will take over and use Dubas as his fall guy. Shanny knows enough that his team is complete lost and a big trade is coming. Shanny will pull the trigger and if it goes sideways, Dubas will take the fall.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I think this team need a no nonsense defensive coach. Guys like AM and MM will hate it bc it hurts their stats but the results should be better than the past few seasons.

Reactions: HamiltonNHL

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Next game:

Bunting-Matthews-Nylander
Kerfoot-Tavares-Kase
Ritchie-Kampf-Marner
Engvall-Spezza-Simmonds

Rielly-Holl
Sandin-Brodie
Dermott-Liljegren

Campbell
Hutchinson

---

Simmonds
Nylander-Kerfoot/Kase-Matthews
Sandin

Tavares - NET - Ritchie/Bunting
Marner - nobody at all - Spezza
Rielly

Go4soda

Dec 15, 2015
His postgame comments today were absolutely delusional. I think he’s completely lost control of the entitled children in that room.
Gotta agree here. Keefe seems like a good guy, but can the richest team in hockey, with an 82M payroll, in win now mode get a real NHL COACH, please?

Reactions: Green Snow Storm

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad