Player Discussion Shea Weber Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Sticking strictly on the topic of Weber, I wasn’t worried as his game isn’t built on speed and doing “Erik Karlsson” things on the ice. So long as he was 100%, or close to it, he would immediately help the team by retaking his spot on the top pair, and bumping the right side down a spot.

I think Petry is ok, but he is a second pairing guy, despite his good work mostly this season. As a true first pairing guy, Weber I trust the most to stabilize whatever scrub they put on the left. Petry, a good skater, does make a lot of dumb mistakes and adding to that he has to carry a player unworthy of top-pairing didn’t help.

I said it before but I don’t care about goals as much as others. Of course goals are important and it’d be awesome for our defencemen to score a lot, but end of the day, star players are supposed to help teams win. They need a support cast naturally, but we should be a better team now than say 3-weeks ago.

Weber has been great. It's nice to see him back healthy. Let's leave it at that.

Petry is a decent piece. Below average top pairing guy and above average top 4D guy. I'm very curious to see the pairings when Juulsen is back. I'd like to see the Habs move Petry to LD and see if him and Juulsen have any chemistry on the 2nd pairing. If not, there are other options but LD is missing one piece at least.

Reactions: sandviper

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
Avoiding pretty much any Q. what's YOUR agenda then ?

I answered your questions and you nitpick with things like minutes played and saying that I'm reading a bio to prove I'm wrong about the obvious.

Weber WILL have bad moments, it's human nature... but he's playing great right now so try that when he plays bad. I don't understand what you're trying to do right now.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
I was happy with the subban trade and I am happier now. I like weber to mentor our kids and he seems to be even better than when he left ... It really does seem like injuries were giving him a hard time.

Since he came back, he made our Lada of a defence look like a cadillac... And I even see the impact on price. Easy to see the puck when man mountain clears the crease for you.

I'm having a moment with my chien weber. He's my doggg. Some call it Irrational bromance, but I suspect those are nashville fans by now, they are just still in denial, and they are in an irrational bromance, too.

Love is love, can't explain it sometimes
This I couldnt get, not just about Weber but any other past, present or future Habs... easily replacable pieces of a puzzle that can easily be boxed and replaced by another puzzle. I might not be the romantic type!

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
This I couldnt get, not just about Weber but any other past, present or future Habs... easily replacable pieces of a puzzle that can easily be boxed and replaced by another puzzle. I might not be the romantic type!

Its okay, some girls like that. Rough on the outside but like cookie dough on the inside. A day will come when you will burst into tears because you'll realize that you too, love shea. And you're gonna be like "why did i waste time hating this guy -I litterally love him!"

Reactions: jaffy27

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
I answered your questions and you nitpick with things like minutes played and saying that I'm reading a bio to prove I'm wrong about the obvious.

Weber WILL have bad moments, it's human nature... but he's playing great right now so try that when he plays bad. I don't understand what you're trying to do right now.
nitpicking ?

yeah, the 30 minutes a game that is in fact mostly 25 a game
the shot blocking that is in fact 3rd or 4th among D (on average)
the booming shot that was supposed to help the PP that is in fact NOT helping the PP much...

you were wrong on pretty much any "argument" you brought up - that's pretty far from nitpicking, you just typed SW theorical attributes, instead of telling his actual impact on the ice (if you want an example, look at TooLegit reply).

I know you don't.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Its okay, some girls like that. Rough on the outside but like cookie dough on the inside. A day will come when you will burst into tears because you'll realize that you too, love shea. And you're gonna be like "why this i waste time hating this guy -I litterally love him!"
huh...

did you read my post ?

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

Who you debating with, I can’t see who you’re replying to......I’m thinking it’s someone who I put on ignore :laugh:

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
nitpicking ?

yeah, the 30 minutes a game that is in fact mostly 25 a game
the shot blocking that is in fact 3rd or 4th among D (on average)
the booming shot that was supposed to help the PP that is in fact NOT helping the PP much...

you were wrong on pretty much any "argument" you brought up - that's pretty far from nitpicking, you just typed SW theorical attributes, instead of telling his actual impact on the ice (if you want an example, look at TooLegit reply).

I know you don't.

I read the posts and I gave you other reasons.

I talked about clearing the crease and leader part too.

Congrats, you're smart and you're better than me.

Reactions: jaffy27

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
huh...

did you read my post ?

Come on don't be like that we are just having a good time.

When you will settle down with your love for shea, you will forget about that exotic mistress you had before. You will watch her try to seduce a 4th fanbase and you will watch in disgust thinking you married the right one. She's not perfect, but she takes care of the kids.

Last edited:

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
I read the posts and I gave you other reasons.

I talked about clearing the crease and leader part too.

Congrats, you're smart and you're better than me.
sure... but most of what you said was wrong though.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Come on don't be like that we are just having a good time.

When you will settle down with your love for shea, you will forget about that exotic mistress you had before. You will watch her try to seduce a 4th fanbase and you will watch in disgust thinking you married the right one. She's not perfect, but she takes care of the kids.
calice hoff... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Reactions: THE HOFF

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
So you want fans who disagree with your take that Weber is better than Subban to both shut up and leave. Lemme guess, you're gonna tell me to cheer for the Preds now?
You can go ramble on about Subban in the out of town thread, we were warned multiple times to cut that out in here, it’s against the rules to bitch about that trade in this thread and many of us are very sick of it.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
You can go ramble on about Subban in the out of town thread, we were warned multiple times to cut that out in here, it’s against the rules to ***** about that trade in this thread and many of us are very sick of it.
I get and agree with you.....but posters had no problem going to town on Weber when he was hurt....ran with the he’s old and broken down, a mob with pitchforks we’re ready to ransack the 7th floor of the Bell Centre.....meanwhile he’s proving the complete opposite.

Weber in my opinion will continue his dominance well into his 30’s, my spider senses are telling me the other guy won’t. ......absolutely love this player. He’s my second man crush I’ve ever had........Leonidis was the other :laugh:

Reactions: Habs Icing

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
You can go ramble on about Subban in the out of town thread, we were warned multiple times to cut that out in here, it’s against the rules to ***** about that trade in this thread and many of us are very sick of it.
No ramble. I want to talk about Weber.

Has his supposed leadership accomplished anything in the NHL? Has his mean stare improved the Habs' fortunes? Why do some of you keep citing those intangible intangibles so much when there is not just no evidence but contrary evidence. It's maddening.

I agree with @BaseballCoach fully - I will praise him and his good play every damn game but I think it's entirely fair to call out the false and unnecessary Myth of Man Mountain. He hasn't been a Man Mountain for the Habs any more than Suter or Chara have been for their teams (Suter for much longer, Chara at an obviously and quantifiably higher level). You're essentially worshiping the image of a player who doesn't exist and didn't ever exist for the Habs. It's freaking bizarre.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center

Has his supposed leadership accomplished anything in the NHL? Has his mean stare improved the Habs' fortunes? Why do some of you keep citing those intangible intangibles so much when there is not just no evidence but contrary evidence. It's maddening.

I agree with @BaseballCoach fully - I will praise him and his good play every damn game but I think it's entirely fair to call out the false and unnecessary Myth of Man Mountain. He hasn't been a Man Mountain for the Habs any more than Suter or Chara have been for their teams (Suter for much longer, Chara at an obviously and quantifiably higher level). You're essentially worshiping the image of a player who doesn't exist and didn't ever exist for the Habs. It's freaking bizarre.
Go away, all you do is talk garbage about all of our players.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
I get and agree with you.....but posters had no problem going to town on Weber when he was hurt....ran with the he’s old and broken down, a mob with pitchforks we’re ready to ransack the 7th floor of the Bell Centre.....meanwhile he’s proving the complete opposite.

Weber in my opinion will continue his dominance well into his 30’s, my spider senses are telling me the other guy won’t. ......absolutely love this player. He’s my second man crush I’ve ever had........Leonidis was the other :laugh:
Leonidas is a weird one. Not gonna ask.

As for Weber - we can talk about his leadership when the Habs lost in the first round to a truly mediocre Rangers. The Habs couldn't look less capable with the puck. Maybe they lacked some leadership.

The Preds the year before crashed out against the Sharks in game 7. Weber was on the ice for how many goals against - I think five. His aura must've been delayed at the airport.

I don't want him to be done or cooked or to decline. I want him to thrive. I think he is a great player. I don't think it's necessary to loudly try to convince oneself and other fans that he's a modern-day Achilles who will thrive until his late 30s. Plenty of evidence to the contrary. The game has changed a fair bit too. You lose a step, and he's already lost a half-a-step, you might not be able to recover. Dany Heatly was a truly elite goal scorer and he washed out very hard. Weber is a great dman today, can we enjoy him without having to endure exaggerated praise?

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007

If you're going to talk about my shea like that i'm going to need you to calm down. I also need a copy of the receipt of your last visit to your eye doctor to decide if your eyes are fit enough or if we should revoke your posting privileges.

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
Loved this trade since day 1, I was a huge Weber fan since his junior days. Hated Subban's indiscipline and careless play in his own zone and while being the last guy back.

I'm surprised there are still people out there that doubt him. It's not like he started his career with the habs, the guy was a stud and one of the most respected defenseman for years before he became a habs. Most importantly, he is respected by his opponents, which wasn't the case for Subban. The opponent team would even take advantage of Subban's indiscipline... I know the facebook group I'm in are pretty quiet about the trade now, I've been arguing with them for years, I have to selfishly admit that it feels damn good right now.

Reactions: Agalloch

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
I have to selfishly admit that it feels damn good right now.
Do you guys seriously think the Habs are ahead of that trade?

If only in quantifiable ways the Preds got to the Cup Finals and then won the President's trophy while the Habs won nothing and tanked.

How does that "feel good"? I really don't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad